if we win the toss

should we kick towards the chaddy first half as the rre is tomorrows designated home end ? The reason I say it is last week the players seemed to bounce of the crowd kicking towards the chaddy especially in the last 10 minutes running the clock down.

Why don't we allow our supporters to switch ends at half time?

I remember this happening at away grounds in the 70's, Bootham Crescent particularly springs to mind.

.....And whilst i'm remeniscing.....does anyone remember three quarter time? The gates would open and 'fans' would flood in for the last 20 minutes for free.....

"Going to the match tomorrow Geoff?" "No Donald, I'm taking wedding photos at 3 o'clock but I might get down for three quarter time."

That was my dad !! It was common place up to the early seventies I believe?

should we kick towards the chaddy first half as the rre is tomorrows designated home end ? The reason I say it is last week the players seemed to bounce of the crowd kicking towards the chaddy especially in the last 10 minutes running the clock down.

Is it just me or don't we seem to play better attacking RRE in the first half! Play it that way and get 3-0 up after 45 I say!

Used to happen all over the place. Mind you it led to some "tasty" confrontations.

At Latics you used to be able to walk round the back of the Broadway paddock to switch from one end to the other. The Main Stand paddock required you to pay a "transfer" to get in I.e. An extra charge to be in it.

Used to happen all over the place. Mind you it led to some "tasty" confrontations.

At Latics you used to be able to walk round the back of the Broadway paddock to switch from one end to the other. The Main Stand paddock required you to pay a "transfer" to get in I.e. An extra charge to be in it.

I remember once Ian Robins scoring before I even reached halfway round!

whichever stand I sit in the goals are always down the other end peterborough being the prime example, although that had the added bonus of seeing the posh fans faces as they threw away their lead. so if you wanna see the action tomorrow the chaddys the place to be :)

I've got a solution to satisfy the players, who it seems are only prepared to play well if there is an atmosphere, with more fans grouped together.

When it's known towards which End Latics are going to play, those at the opposite End, who are prepared to sing, get the back of their hand stamped as they leave the ground to walk through the car park to enter the gate at the opposite End. During half-time the procedure gets reversed. Simples!

Why don't we allow our supporters to switch ends at half time?

I remember this happening at away grounds in the 70's, Bootham Crescent particularly springs to mind.

I remember my Dad taking me to watch Rochdale in the 70's and supporters swapped ends all the time - with most fans of both sides walking in a clockwise manner so we didn't mix, however I remember one game vs a local rival - I think it was Bury - and most of both teams men walked "through" each other and there was skin and hair flying

I loved the 70's and 80's - however football has never been able to recover from the damage done during that period - to be fair, the sport has rarely been given the opportunity - the government has seen to that.

Keeping the ball in the corner for ten mins = bouncing off the crowd?!

Still happens in non-league.

...and you can drink in the stands up to NPLPD level, at the clubs' discretion. On another note, I've been reading that 3G pitches are being installed at some non-league clubs, Maidstone, Stamford I think, probably many more - plus they are allowed to be used in the FA Cup next year.

I remember my Dad taking me to watch Rochdale in the 70's and supporters swapped ends all the time - with most fans of both sides walking in a clockwise manner so we didn't mix, however I remember one game vs a local rival - I think it was Bury - and most of both teams men walked "through" each other and there was skin and hair flying

I loved the 70's and 80's - however football has never been able to recover from the damage done during that period - to be fair, the sport has rarely been given the opportunity - the government has seen to that.

My elder brother used to take me to watch 'Dale and Latics in the early 1970s on the occasional weekend. I wanted to go more often but my mother put a stop to it when my brother got thrown in a police wagon and I had to go home on my own. I can't remember who Latics were playing, but it kicked-off big time. Football matches were exciting and scary at the same time.

I have gone into some Latics matches late on and for free, because of work commitments...this was in the mid to late 1990s.

There would be only 10 or 15 minutes left and the gates would be open. Who can resist grabbing some football on the cheap?

...and you can drink in the stands up to NPLPD level, at the clubs' discretion. On another note, I've been reading that 3G pitches are being installed at some non-league clubs, Maidstone, Stamford I think, probably many more - plus they are allowed to be used in the FA Cup next year.

Can have a pint above that level - certainly Conf South though not in FA Cup games. 3\g not yet allowed at that level which is a problem for Maidstone as they look like being promoted to it