If you got the same match day experience in both stands then fair enough. The fact is you don't. The RRE has no restricted view, in the chaddy you spend your time ducking round the posts. Taking my 6 yr old daughter to the cov game was a nightmare. Toilet facilities are poor for a young girl, the view is poor, atmosphere is poor no matter how hard everybody tries. Why on earth should you condemn your own supporters to the poorest facilities. For me it shows a complete lack of insight and understanding of the fans match day requirements from the latics hierarchy. Granted there is a need to maximise match day income for the club but for as long as the current policy exists I will not be renewing our RRE season tickets and will pick my games where I can sit in my preferred stand with the facilities that best suit our needs.

Not having a pop but, I just don't get how the facilities differ in anyway between the two stands other than a few pillars and the Chaddy End being less exposed to the elements. I think the pitch (if that's the right term) of the Chaddy End makes for a better view than the RRE.

They're both perfectly adequate stands, nothing more, nothing less but if I was pushed I'd say the Chaddy End is slightly more comfortable (for want of a better word).

What's the difference in the toilets that you mention? I hope and pray neither of mine have to sit down on one whichever stand I'm in.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the league we've been moved for...

Bradford

Wolves

Preston

Coventry

Sheffield United

Notts County

We were also asked to move for Crawley but people still stayed in the RRE.

So, 6/23 games, usual for a season? I think we've just been unlucky in that the games have fallen at the end of the season with 3 consecutive games.

Bradford - 2742 fans

Wolves - Fa Cup 831, 1115 in League

Preston - 2922

Coventry - 578

So for all the games, fans could of simply gone into small section, which is usually when we get the best atmosphere at BP

first world problems....people like a good moan don't they.....restricted views has always been a joke excuse, but the toilets? this is a third division club with a ground that's falling around our ears who don't have two pennies to rub together. get yourself to bp and stop being a slapped arse.

Bradford - 2742 fans

Preston - 2922

Coventry - 578

So for all the games, fans could of simply gone into small section, which is usually when we get the best atmosphere at BP

Police costs and/or recommendation.

Much more potential for trouble when everyone comes out of the same stand at the same time if the 3000 Bradford or Preston fans had had a section of our fans flagging them off all game. And vica/versa.

Bradford - 2742 fans

Preston - 2922

Coventry - 578

Except the big section only holds 2700, so that's Bradford and Preston out. For both games, the big section had some of its fans moved into the small section, probably to improve the view of those disabled, or those unable to stand up for the whole game. Plus what NZlatic said, and what I've been saying for ages in this thread.

If you got the same match day experience in both stands then fair enough. The fact is you don't. The RRE has no restricted view, in the chaddy you spend your time ducking round the posts. Taking my 6 yr old daughter to the cov game was a nightmare. Toilet facilities are poor for a young girl, the view is poor, atmosphere is poor no matter how hard everybody tries. Why on earth should you condemn your own supporters to the poorest facilities. For me it shows a complete lack of insight and understanding of the fans match day requirements from the latics hierarchy. Granted there is a need to maximise match day income for the club but for as long as the current policy exists I will not be renewing our RRE season tickets and will pick my games where I can sit in my preferred stand with the facilities that best suit our needs.

I agree with what you're saying but the club is a business at the end of the day. Unless you can find a way to prove that the club misses out on a substantial amount of income by moving fans, then the only conclusive figures they will listen to are the amount of tickets they sell. As it stands it seems that we are not selling enough tickets in there, otherwise the fans in there wouldn't have been moved 10 times in the past season. If you really want the club to listen with regards to this situation then we need to sell more season tickets in the RRE. If nobody buys season tickets in there then you'll be making the clubs decision for them in the end, just like in the 90's when nobody sat in there. If the demand isn't there then they will just close it off. I believe it is the best stand for home support and I think it was pretty clear that it was louder at the Brentford game than any other league game this season, so much so that it has convinved me to buy a season ticket in there next year. My only hope is that other people will follow my lead, otherwise it'll be back to being the away end only when the new stand is built which would be a massive shame.

Edited by Tommy_Fent

It is the away end and always was.

Being the worst stand in the ground, when it had no roof, there was probably no argument.

These days, arguments will never stop until the Chaddy End is slung down and re-built to a better standard and can become, arguably rightly, the proper home end.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Except the big section only holds 2700, so that's Bradford and Preston out. For both games, the big section had some of its fans moved into the small section, probably to improve the view of those disabled, or those unable to stand up for the whole game. Plus what NZlatic said, and what I've been saying for ages in this thread.

RRE Large section holds 3000

Being the worst stand in the ground, when it had no roof, there was probably no argument.

These days, arguments will never stop until the Chaddy End is slung down and re-built to a better standard and can become, arguably rightly, the proper home end.

It was the away end first and foremost for many years after having a roof, providing an overspill when the Chaddy End was full - as it usually was.

And the Chaddy End and Lookers Paddock were where the singers went. Having to slum it in the away end was the last resort.

Yet again, what exactly is wrong with the Chaddy End other than the pillars?

I don't get it.

I don't get it.

Leg-room is the biggest issue for me, personally. Whilst it's not excellent in the Rochdale Road End, it's better than what i've experienced in the Chaddy.

I just go in the Paddock and the leg room is fine, enjoyed it in there on Monday.

So why when Liverpool and Everton sold out their allocation last season did they only bring 2786 maximum?

Maybe when both sections are full and with rival fans in each side it is reduced because Notts Co have been allocated 3000.....

TICKET INFORMATION

This fixture is strictly ALL TICKET.

The club has received a total allocation of 3,000 reserved covered seat tickets, located behind the goal in the Verlin Stand.

I fail to understand why the no go area in the RRE deemed adequate in the early nineties when the stand was built is no longer deemed sufficient.

Maybe when both sections are full and with rival fans in each side it is reduced because Notts Co have been allocated 3000.....

TICKET INFORMATION

This fixture is strictly ALL TICKET.

The club has received a total allocation of 3,000 reserved covered seat tickets, located behind the goal in the Verlin Stand.

I fail to understand why the no go area in the RRE deemed adequate in the early nineties when the stand was built is no longer deemed sufficient.

Or maybe the club are going to do what they did for Bradford and Preston and move Notts County fans into the small section if required.

I don't get it.

The players can't hear us, especially when 50 away fans chirp up at the other end.

Fine if you just want to go there, sit in silence and/or moan.

Not so good when, for £20 or your season ticket price, you want to inspire the players and feel like you are part of a positive, encouraging medium - also known as a supportive atmosphere.

I want a supportive atmosphere, not a quiet and dull atmosphere - and when it is good, one which the players can actually hear.

I have no fear of the club upsetting the few hundred who showed their feverant loyalty to the famous Chaddy - by sitting in silence throughout the Brentford game.

The players can't hear us, especially when 50 away fans chirp up at the other end.

Fine if you just want to go there, sit in silence and/or moan.

Not so good when, for £20 or your season ticket price, you want to inspire the players and feel like you are part of a positive, encouraging medium - also known as a supportive atmosphere.

I want a supportive atmosphere, not a quiet and dull atmosphere - and when it is good, one which the players can actually hear.

I have no fear of the club upsetting the few hundred who showed their feverant loyalty to the famous Chaddy - by sitting in silence throughout the Brentford game.

looking into the chaddy against brentford it did look a depressing dark hole, with figure which can best be described as cardboard cutouts, inspiring me thinks not but if thats gonna move us forward crack on, a club with some fans in the dark ages, keep them happy dont worry why the thousands of others dont bother or would prefer an away day.