The fact is, in any other walk of life if you paid £20 for the kind of experience we get on a match day would you consider it value for money? I know I wouldn't, yet people will keep happily paying it and keep happily getting moved about out of some kind of misguided loyalty. Whatever happened to football clubs putting the fans first? Anyway, that's just me.

You're paying £20 for a product on the pitch. In effect, you're guaranteed to see that, albeit in a different part of the stadium on these occasions.

Whilst I agree that moving is unnecessary at times and that the small section should be opened but it shouldn't stop you from going, enjoying the game. Like I said before, go in the Paddock - get there early enough and you get a seat nearer the back with a good view of the pitch.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I checked the RRE has a small section too. Unless you think County are going to fill it. I'm not paying £20 to sit in a decrepit stand with an appalling view and no atmosphere. I can't justify it, I've got more important things to spend money on.

So, what you are saying is you cannot wait to go into the New stand next season. Right?

But the police bill would be the same if we were in the large section, Notts County in the small and vice versa. What you are saying is that the costs would be lower by moving us. Cost cutting. There's a point when cost cutting loses you money by annoying fans into not bothering any more. I know we pay less but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

Indeed, there will become a point that the cost saving becomes false economisation, as the lost revenue from fans not going is more than the savings. I don't think that point has been reached yet, but if it continues after next season it might be. Especially if we have a few more games like the Coventry one, where home fans have been kicked out for not even 600 away fans.

FWIW, the odds of Notts County not having anything to play for require:

Them to lose at home to Swindon; AND

Carlisle to beat us and then their game at Crawley a week today AND

Crewe to win at Bristol City AND

Colchester to beat Brentford at home AND

Tranmere to win at Orient.

I wouldn't mind betting that SIXFOLD is around 100/1 if not more. It would mean they were relegated, as it's impossible for them to be mathematically safe after those six games.

Sorry think it might be five from that Sixfold, not all six. Still pretty long odds though.

Edited by rudemedic

Indeed, there will become a point that the cost saving becomes false economisation, as the lost revenue from fans not going is more than the savings. I don't think that point has been reached yet, but if it continues after next season it might be. Especially if we have a few more games like the Coventry one, where home fans have been kicked out for not even 600 away fans.

if notts county are down or safe are they going to bring more than 1,500.

the club is a joke.

people talking about lower policing costs.

erm rotherham and brentford recently both in RRE with latics fans in big section.

I have this to say to the club. don't whinge about atmosphere then kick the home fans out of the best stand that creates one.

chaddy end v cov was crap apart from a handfull everyone else was asleep I think

I must say, I don't see why people shouldn't be upset at being moved out of their reserved seat for no reason but to save costs. I don't think that was the deal that was sold to them.

The cost saving isn't making them be moved; it's the expected away following. The cost saving is what's stopping them from being in the small section, but they are still getting moved from their reserved seat there too.

If only there was a 6ft barrier to separate home and away fans...

If only the first game we had with home fans in the RRE after the lookers was knocked down wasn't against Millwall, so objects weren't thrown across that divide.

Think some of the next games had objects being thrown too. That prompted the club to tighten up about segregation, presumably after being told to by the cops.

The clause stipulated on the Season Ticket application form reads...

"Oldham Athletic reserve the right to relocate supporters from their allocated stand for individual matches whilst the developmental work at Boundary Park continues."

No mention of bigger crowds, money saving or any particular stand to be moved from... That's for next season anyway.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

If only the first game we had with home fans in the RRE after the lookers was knocked down wasn't against Millwall, so objects weren't thrown across that divide.

Think some of the next games had objects being thrown too. That prompted the club to tighten up about segregation, presumably after being told to by the cops.

Celtic and Rangers have had smaller gaps between them.

The clause stipulated on the Season Ticket application form reads...

"Oldham Athletic reserve the right to relocate supporters from their allocated stand for individual matches whilst the developmental work at Boundary Park continues."

No mention of bigger crowds, money saving or any particular stand to be moved from... That's for next season anyway.

Thank you.

if notts county are down or safe are they going to bring more than 1,500.

the club is a joke.

people talking about lower policing costs.

erm rotherham and brentford recently both in RRE with latics fans in big section.

I have this to say to the club. don't whinge about atmosphere then kick the home fans out of the best stand that creates one.

chaddy end v cov was crap apart from a handfull everyone else was asleep I think

last home game of the the season and this has just summed up the (circus)club for me,they dont give a monkeys :censored: about the atmosphere or fans,well done another great decision from a clueless set of clowns

Celtic and Rangers have had smaller gaps between them.

True but I bet their policing bill is bigger than ours, the same in the PL, but they can afford it, and for it to not affect their performance in the league. The same cannot be said for us.

Edited by rudemedic

Here's a point. Sit at the side.

1. You can see if a player is offside or not.

2. You get a good view of Lee Johnson's Man at C&A suit.

3. You get to launch your wittiest heckle at the 17 year old opposition substitute within his earshot.

4. You can actually see the action really well in BOTH goalmouths

5. The linesman is normally an absolute cock and you can actually tell him so.

6. Every now and again you get a close-up view of Paulo Di Canio, That :censored: from Franchise Scum or the fat Rotherham manager who wears eyeliner.

7. There's been a bizarre clap-a-thon in the paddock lately.

8. Whenever there's a complete nugget of a referee like Andy Woolmer you can approach the tunnel, veins bulging out of your temples and unleash a torrent of frothy abuse for about 1.5 seconds as he passes you walking back up the tunnel.

In the league we've been moved for...

Bradford

Wolves

Preston

Coventry

Sheffield United

Notts County

We were also asked to move for Crawley but people still stayed in the RRE.

So, 6/23 games, usual for a season? I think we've just been unlucky in that the games have fallen at the end of the season with 3 consecutive games.

In the league we've been moved for...

Bradford

Wolves

Preston

Coventry

Sheffield United

Notts County

We were also asked to move for Crawley but people still stayed in the RRE.

So, 6/23 games, usual for a season? I think we've just been unlucky in that the games have fallen at the end of the season with 3 consecutive games.

If that's right and those games were publicised before the season started would anyone have complained?

Some on here would have taken more of a gamble and not moved for some games, but the club were more cautious. Fair enough. I'd rather that approach than using hindsight to predict away attendances.

If you got the same match day experience in both stands then fair enough. The fact is you don't. The RRE has no restricted view, in the chaddy you spend your time ducking round the posts. Taking my 6 yr old daughter to the cov game was a nightmare. Toilet facilities are poor for a young girl, the view is poor, atmosphere is poor no matter how hard everybody tries. Why on earth should you condemn your own supporters to the poorest facilities. For me it shows a complete lack of insight and understanding of the fans match day requirements from the latics hierarchy. Granted there is a need to maximise match day income for the club but for as long as the current policy exists I will not be renewing our RRE season tickets and will pick my games where I can sit in my preferred stand with the facilities that best suit our needs.

I must say, I don't see why people shouldn't be upset at being moved out of their reserved seat for no reason but to save costs. I don't think that was the deal that was sold to them.

Absolutely.

The Chaddy End stick in the muds do put forward much better arguments than their RRE counterparts though.