Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not good enough looks busy but no end product

Bluddy hell.....the lad steps up 2 divisions, plays about 120 mins over 4 games, shows more intent on getting past a player than Worrall or Dayton and is not scared of trying a long pass and is not scared to tackle. I dread to think of what your opinion of Winchester is (one goal and one good cross in several seasons)!!!

So, yes, Kissock is definitely one to bring back.......hellfire, even Roy had some very good words to say about him.

Edited by mikejh45

Bluddy hell.....the lad steps up 2 divisions, plays about 120 mins over 4 games, shows more intent on getting past a player than Worrall or Dayton and is not scared of trying a long pass and is not scared to tackle. I dread to think of what your opinion of Winchester is (one goal and one good cross in several seasons)!!!So, yes, Kissock is definitely one to bring back.......hellfire, even Roy had some very good words to say about him.

He's scored two I can think of.

Never saw kissock beat a man or try a long pass for that matter. If he did it probably didn't make his target?

Looked busy but nothing more.

Put in the section where we can start a would you have Kissock back thread every seasson

Bluddy hell.....the lad steps up 2 divisions, plays about 120 mins over 4 games, shows more intent on getting past a player than Worrall or Dayton and is not scared of trying a long pass and is not scared to tackle. I dread to think of what your opinion of Winchester is (one goal and one good cross in several seasons)!!!

So, yes, Kissock is definitely one to bring back.......hellfire, even Roy had some very good words to say about him.

dont think Winchester will make it either but compared to kissock he's a world beater

Never saw kissock beat a man or try a long pass for that matter. If he did it probably didn't make his target?

Looked busy but nothing more.

Put in the section where we can start a would you have Kissock back thread every seasson

I think he had a lot more to him & his game other than 'busy'.

We share the same opinion of the "Sheffield Cafu" and his abilities; but i think we disagree on this one.

I think Kissock would be a solid and worthwhile signing. I rate him higher than a Worrall or a Petrasso...

Maybe I have not seen enough of him but from what I was able to see he did nothing wrong. But he did just look busy

I always say give someone 10 games.

If he came back would he get 10 games in a season?

Edited by palmer1

Maybe I have not seen enough of him but from what I was able to see he did nothing wrong. But he did just look busy

I always say give someone 10 games.

If he came back would he get 10 games in a season?

Millar played in 15 last season, so I'd expect Kissock, who I rate more highly, to play in more. Kissock suits playing the 4-1-4-1 we played in the last 10 games, and I'm fairly certain Johnson rates home, so I think we might bring him back, but we might be biding our time about doing so.

My arse, you gotta be joking

No I'm not, why?

I thought Petrasso improved the more he played; but he didnt really affect games nor see the ball enough; he was happy to hide for large chunks of games.

Kissock wanted the ball and went and found it when it wasn't coming his way. And when he had jt, he used it better than Petrasso did; for the team.

Petrasso looked good as he has pace and ran with the ball directly. But very little of that achieved anything at all.

Kissock's work was more worthwhile and effective.

I also notice you edited out my Worrall point from your quoted bit - do you agree with me on that one then?

I thought Petrasso improved the more he played; but he didnt really affect games nor see the ball enough; he was happy to hide for large chunks of games.

Kissock wanted the ball and went and found it when it wasn't coming his way. And when he had jt, he used it better than Petrasso did; for the team.

Petrasso looked good as he has pace and ran with the ball directly. But very little of that achieved anything at all.

Kissock's work was more worthwhile and effective.

I also notice you edited out my Worrall point from your quoted bit - do you agree with me on that one then?

I wasnt so much disagreeing with you about the workmanlike attributes of Kissock just about him being better than Petrasso, who i really do rate.

The current trend against wingers as they seem to have been replaced by hard running midfielders who dont beat the full backs really annoys me as I think there is room in our team for at least 1 pure winger which Petrasso is-Worrall isnt. I do agree that Worrall isnt the best but can actually play in several positions.

If we sign Harkins, we couldnt have the luxury of Petrasso. If we dont sign Harkins we really do need some speed in the wide areas-not Worrall nor Kissock!

I wasnt so much disagreeing with you about the workmanlike attributes of Kissock just about him being better than Petrasso, who i really do rate.

The current trend against wingers as they seem to have been replaced by hard running midfielders who dont beat the full backs really annoys me as I think there is room in our team for at least 1 pure winger which Petrasso is-Worrall isnt. I do agree that Worrall isnt the best but can actually play in several positions.

If we sign Harkins, we couldnt have the luxury of Petrasso. If we dont sign Harkins we really do need some speed in the wide areas-not Worrall nor Kissock!

Yep, i can see your point.

I've massively enjoyed watching Harkins play, but he's certainly not a winger in the classic sense.

On our books, the only traditional winger we have ATM is James Dayton. I'm undecided on him; i was pretty disappointed with his overall season's contributions, but i want to give him the benifit of a full pre-season that is well & truly injury free and see how that affects him. I cant help think he has been affected by the lung puncture and its knocked him. Hopefully thats out of the way and we see the player we thought we were signing this time?

In my 2 preferred formations and tactics; neither involve the use of the traditional style wingers. I don't think the game needs them now; especially as the full backs are now more winger than defender anyways. I think the most effect wide players, for the team and for performances, that we've had in years were Jones & Allessandra; and neither of them were wingers. But, that is at odds with what first got me hooked on Latics. When i first stated coming, Rick Holden was my idol and my favourite player.

I'm not saying i dont like wingers, nor see their merits. I just think there are formations and playing styles that are out there, being used and being successful, that dont use them at all. And i think with who we have right now; that its those styles we should be looking at.

In that, Kissock is by far a better fit than a Petrasso-esq flyer.

Hopefully that means we are not selling JCH -YET!

If we could get adiquate cover, and if the the figures banded about by rumour sites are true (£400-500k), stick on a sell-on %, keep Smith and bite their hands off! (In my humble opinion, of course).

Easy this managing lark.

If we could get adiquate cover, and if the the figures banded about by rumour sites are true (£400-500k), stick on a sell-on %, keep Smith and bite their hands off! (In my humble opinion, of course).

Easy this managing lark.

Agreed! But the difficult bit for Latics will be to turn down offers of £250-£300K. Thats when its not such an easy lark

Yep, i can see your point.

I think the most effect wide players, for the team and for performances, that we've had in years were Jones & Allessandra; and neither of them were wingers. But, that is at odds with what first got me hooked on Latics. When i first stated coming, Rick Holden was my idol and my favourite player.

I'm not saying i dont like wingers, nor see their merits. I just think there are formations and playing styles that are out there, being used and being successful, that dont use them at all. And i think with who we have right now; that its those styles we should be looking at.

In that, Kissock is by far a better fit than a Petrasso-esq flyer.

He might be a better fit but he isnt the better player. Even with Dayton in form we still need some raw pace up top.

I always liked Alessandra and thought that he would turn into a good player which Plymouth seem to be getting the benefit of now.

wouldn't mind seeing the Crewe winger Byron Moore here, always stood out for me when i've seen them, pacey left winger, can also play up front as well

Turned down a new deal so maybe we are interested with LJ living round Nantwich area?

Hope so. His hairline makes mine look OK.

wouldn't mind seeing the Crewe winger Byron Moore here, always stood out for me when i've seen them, pacey left winger, can also play up front as well

Turned down a new deal so maybe we are interested with LJ living round Nantwich area?

would mind him at all.. but just because johnson lives in the Nantwich area doesn't mean we'll be interested haha? a load of footballers live in the nantwich area in general and we're not interested in them at all haha

would mind him at all.. but just because johnson lives in the Nantwich area doesn't mean we'll be interested haha? a load of footballers live in the nantwich area in general and we're not interested in them at all haha

Wes Wilkinson was signed from Nantwich, say no more.