Rumours and Transfers 2014

whilst other teams we are competing with have near enough done their deals, have a group of players and can concentrate on putting a team together for the new season our manager will be messing about trying to deal with agents and wasting time on donkeys instead of working with the group on the training pitch.

Which teams? Which players?

We're pretty much there with our business - we're ahead of many of the other sides in our division as far as I can see?

Trying way too hard on this thread pal....more subtle fishing needed IMO...

Edited by slystallone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a strange view to take given that both the signings we've made thus far have been of a decent standard. in fact, the vast majority on here believe we've improved on both the players that have been subsequently replaced. A few dodgy trialists mean nothing as far as next seasons team goes. I'd imagine we'll be seeing plenty more before preseason is up as well and from that we'll pick the best of what we see and try to get them on contracts, no problem really. We've started well up to now.

I mean implied reduced budget, Corney suggesting we may need to sell Smith and/or JCH to help fund stand and comments from manager that were to play our existing strikers pre-season with the aim/hope they provide a goal scoring solution. Doesn't bode well but as said, I'm hoping I'm wrong but a feelings a feeling.

Dont have to fish saying it as I see it people on here talkin about Leon Clarke, Izzy mcleod even shola Ameobi they must be well chuffed being linked with a goal every eight games target man with iffy knees, if he is bringing in another target man may I suggest he brings in a winger who can cross a ball or is that fishing as well, if you think this team is better than the one that started last season your deluded.

Baxter

Tarkey

Lanzoni

Wes

Grounds

Rooney

And we are still touting around our only saleable assets that are left smith and jch, wheres it gonna stop.

I mean implied reduced budget, Corney suggesting we may need to sell Smith and/or JCH to help fund stand and comments from manager that were to play our existing strikers pre-season with the aim/hope they provide a goal scoring solution. Doesn't bode well but as said, I'm hoping I'm wrong but a feelings a feeling.

To be fair our young strikers have a lot of potential and it's likely JCH would be starting most games anyway, that was the case towards the end of the season (same for Philly). If we need someone to come in the loan market will be there and so will plenty of experienced strikers who didn't find clubs. If JCH goes a striker will come in on a free, Korey we knew would be potentially sold. it isn;t to do with being desperate it's to do with selling for the right money if it's there. It's worth it if it means the stand gets finished given the long term benefits. We've seen Johnson can find players on free anyway that have the ability. Until late in the season i don't think he signed any players who could be said to be lacking in ability, even those that 'failed' had something to offer.

To be fair our young strikers have a lot of potential and it's likely JCH would be starting most games anyway, that was the case towards the end of the season (same for Philly). If we need someone to come in the loan market will be there and so will plenty of experienced strikers who didn't find clubs. If JCH goes a striker will come in on a free, Korey we knew would be potentially sold. it isn;t to do with being desperate it's to do with selling for the right money if it's there. It's worth it if it means the stand gets finished given the long term benefits. We've seen Johnson can find players on free anyway that have the ability. Until late in the season i don't think he signed any players who could be said to be lacking in ability, even those that 'failed' had something to offer.

If we sell players and reinvest the money into strengthening then fine. However any income from sales will go towards the stand. Understand we need to do this but it means we weaken the side further if we're reliant on frees, loans and cast-offs due to limited wage budget.

The stand will generate income to club in two or three seasons time but by then will our attendances drop and no guarantees of enticing lost fans back.

The owners have tried and failed with so many managers. We have one arguably with potential so let's back him to at least have a realistic chance of succeeding in the league and with success we increase attendances again. On field and off field success can go hand in hand with out one detracting from the other....

Dont have to fish saying it as I see it people on here talkin about Leon Clarke, Izzy mcleod even shola Ameobi they must be well chuffed being linked with a goal every eight games target man with iffy knees, if he is bringing in another target man may I suggest he brings in a winger who can cross a ball or is that fishing as well, if you think this team is better than the one that started last season your deluded.

Baxter

Tarkey

Lanzoni

Wes

Grounds

Rooney

And we are still touting around our only saleable assets that are left smith and jch, wheres it gonna stop.

Lanzoni? We didn't know what he was like . Wes wasn't as well thought of as he is now and it seems we've got at least a similar quality player in to replace him. Rooney I grant you, but never delivered. As good as Tarky's potential is, he's not as solid as the two we have now. Mills is a decent replacement for Grounds and Baxter is Baxter.

Touting saleable assets, we've always done that.

Lanzoni? We didn't know what he was like . Wes wasn't as well thought of as he is now and it seems we've got at least a similar quality player in to replace him. Rooney I grant you, but never delivered. As good as Tarky's potential is, he's not as solid as the two we have now. Mills is a decent replacement for Grounds and Baxter is Baxter.

Touting saleable assets, we've always done that.

After watching Lanzoni's trial game in the reserves I was so impressed I pledged £50 to playershare if he was signed, pity I didn't get much of a run for my money.

Edited by BP1960

Stop being sensible and reasonable Leyland; we'll have none of that here.

Don't you know we're screwed / doomed??!!??

After watching Lanzoni's trial game in the reserves I was so impressed I pledged £50 to playershare if he was signed, pity I didn't get much of a run for my money.

Good spot BP, lets hope we have a similar situation this year. Though as you say, we haven't seen them play yet. We can only get a like for like comparison with the benefit of hindsight.