post match reaction Sheffield

Well for a nothing game that was quite entertaining, thought they were the better side, but a great cross from Conor for our goal, thought he was one of our best players tonight. Harkins is starting to mystify me, have we seen the best of him and now he has reverted to type.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for a nothing game that was quite entertaining, thought they were the better side, but a great cross from Conor for our goal, thought he was one of our best players tonight. Harkins is starting to mystify me, have we seen the best of him and now he has reverted to type.

The changes were for the worst IMO, Byrom invisible, Kissock ran about going nowhere, Worrall a square peg in a round hole.

Sat too deep and allowed Sheffield to dictate the second half.

Brown and Wilson played well, Rachubka outstanding.

Edited by BP1960

Just think Harkins is running out of steam a bit. Looked solid in the tackle for a self confessed non tackle backer (I'm coining that like bouncebackability) and some good passes. If he worked on his fitness he wouldn't be playing at league 1 level, put it that way.

Missed Wes, Korey sat on Lockwoods toes second half and we had no way of breaking them down and relieving the pressure only pluses for me rachubka, brown, lockwood and wilson on the flip side macdonald kissock and dayton were poor the rest did a job. Crowd was outstanding.

Missed Wes, Korey sat on Lockwoods toes second half and we had no way of breaking them down and relieving the pressure only pluses for me rachubka, brown, lockwood and wilson on the flip side macdonald kissock and dayton were poor the rest did a job. Crowd was outstanding.

I didn't see Byrom do any job.

Edited by BP1960

Disappointed about the quantity of fans they brought and last away game of the season only about 4 in fancy dress too...

Thought we were lucky to get away with a draw, they were certainly the better the second half until winny and philly came on.

Overall a good team performance and superb atmosphere and did Baxter fluffy it?..ooooo controversial...heheh

Coincided with Dayton going left wing, Kissock right wing and Harkins just behnd JCH. Shouldn't of changed it.

Kissock was continually being dispossessed in midfield, I thinks that's why the change was made.

First half Kissok and the back-four impressed. Second half we sat back too much and the equalizer by Porter (I'll say his name) was inevitable.

All in all though a very good shift from the lads. About time Winchester got some more games.

Bit unfair he is no Wes but his first game in 6 weeks and it showed too early to judge, wes and grounds missing means the inevitable is going to happen.

Iv'e seen Byrom at Crewe and this match, he stands around while the game passes him by.

The one up front at home won't sell many extra season tickets.

It might do, if we continue to get results - it's not like we're playing unattractive football. We do need a back-up for JCH, though, as it's a big ask of him to play the lone striker for 90 minutes. Unfortunately, Charlie Mac isn't designed for the role..

Another thing that might sell season-tickets is the fact that there is a real air of optimism around Boundary Park. Again, credit to the "A" Block in the Chaddy End for instigating some noise. Since the Crawley match, the atmosphere has been the best for years (and on a game-to-game basis - probably the best since the Glory Years!). Not sure what the catalyst was, but maybe it's the feeling we've turned the corner, and progress is being made on and off the pitch.

Agree about Byrom, though! Doesn't seem up to much...

It might do, if we continue to get results - it's not like we're playing unattractive football. We do need a back-up for JCH, though, as it's a big ask of him to play the lone striker for 90 minutes. Unfortunately, Charlie Mac isn't designed for the role..

Another thing that might sell season-tickets is the fact that there is a real air of optimism around Boundary Park. Again, credit to the "A" Block in the Chaddy End for instigating some noise. Since the Crawley match, the atmosphere has been the best for years (and on a game-to-game basis - probably the best since the Glory Years!). Not sure what the catalyst was, but maybe it's the feeling we've turned the corner, and progress is being made on and off the pitch.

Agree about Byrom, though! Doesn't seem up to much...

The fans are doing there bit I agree, but it's not helped when building a side the best players move on and the rebuilding has to start again.

If you cannot realise what a good game from two decent sides that was tonight, then words just fail me!

I will tell you who will win our League next season, them! And we weren't far behind them tonight.

We were up against a very good team tonight and could have won it!

If you cannot realise what a good game from two decent sides that was tonight, then words just fail me!

I will tell you who will win our League next season, them! And we weren't far behind them tonight.

We were up against a very good team tonight and could have won it!

Unfortunately Chaddy they will still retain most of their best players while we will lose ours, it's this constant rebuilding season after season which hinders progress.

Edited by BP1960