The not retained list

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday's released list. Including a familiar name

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/sheffield-wednesday-reveal-player-list-1539262.aspx

Would probably take a few from them.

Reda Johnson is a beast. Saw him give one of the finest defensive performances I've ever seen for 9 man Plymouth when we beat them 4-2 about 4 years ago and he couldn't move. I assume part of the reason for a lot of the names on that list being let go is cost though which doesn't help us any.

I see Jason Taylor is on the Cheltenham list, someone we let go who has managed to make a living for himself in the lower reaches.

Edited by astottie

Wont lie but always liked Goodison at Tranmere a defender who seems to do a good job against us. If Wilson does leave maybe worth looking at.

Wont lie but always liked Goodison at Tranmere a defender who seems to do a good job against us. If Wilson does leave maybe worth looking at.

It'd take a very brave club to sign Goodison now...

It'd take a very brave club to sign Goodison now...

Wilson's staying.

From tonight's Chron

"On a more positive note, James Wilson’s contract option has been taken up".

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/85780/wait-for-weso

Not read the Chron someone else just txted me that also nice one. Good to see us getting the contracts signed early doors.