The not retained list

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have :censored: back tomorrow, a great player.

Was he?

Scored on debut with a type of the goal that gets you excited for him as a player - late surge into the box and tidy finish.

That's all i remember of him for the rest of the season though.

Think he ran around a bit, and filled in once at CB when we were short there. Other than that; meh?

Not delivered at Crystal Palace nor Blackburn, and from watching him play for both of those teams; he's gone backwards if anything...

He's not someone i would be jumping through hoops to sign personally.

With boths Hearts & now Hibs dropping out of the SPL, i would expect 1 or 2 from Edinburgh to feature heavily on LJ's radar.

He was in Scotland looking at players last week wasn't he?

Hearts wise - Ryan Stevenson & Jamine MacDonald, and Hibs wise, Liam Craig and Owain Tudor Jones would more than do for me...

Judging by lee Johnson following him on twitter has not got any of the contracted squad but has Wes brown and worrall

That's a hell of a leap to leaving the club.

But a good theory to test. I see it more as a "he's considering his options" than likely to go.

(I assume you mean Wesolowski and Brown rather than the orange Sunderland defender).

Edited by opinions4u

With boths Hearts & now Hibs dropping out of the SPL, i would expect 1 or 2 from Edinburgh to feature heavily on LJ's radar.

He was in Scotland looking at players last week wasn't he?

Hearts wise - Ryan Stevenson & Jamine MacDonald, and Hibs wise, Liam Craig and Owain Tudor Jones would more than do for me...

This I can see us making approaches to Owain Tudor Jones especially, he is one of those players who is probably connected to Johnson and Johnson follows him on twitter.

That's a hell of a leap to leaving the club.

But a good theory to test. I see it more as a "he's considering his options" than likely to go.

(I assume you mean Wesolowski and Brown rather than the orange Sunderland defender).

That's what I meant just re read it now hahaha

I can see Worrall coming back to BP. Plenty were chuffed when we got him last season, so I guess there were those who had seen enough of him to see it as a good signing. Get the best out of him and it may not turn out too bad.

Depends how much they want for him....didn't they pay over 100k for him?

If it's nominal around 30k then I trust LJ to decide whether that sort of a fee would be worth paying....I'm pretty sure there is a lot more to come from Worrall but for me he would have to prove he was fully over his injury before committing to a fee and contract.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Bury whose new owners are spending a few bob.

Edited by oafc1955

Rule of thumb, unless a former player left us to play at a higher level and was generally loved and successful here in the past they are not worth discussing as option for next season as they are not good enough!

O'Grady left to play at a lower level... initially! massive shame letting him go always thought he had something there