Latics 1-1 Notts County: post match reaction (Tranmere relegation special edition)

Only 7 wins and 23 home goals all season...if you take away the freak Peterborough result it's even worse at 18 in 22.

The defence looks really tight now and the Lockwood, Wilson, Rachubka triangle has proved a master stroke by Johnson but scoring goals at home is still proving a massive problem.

Today was a chance to play with freedom and without fear but a lone striker at home with just about zero support is not what the fans want to see.

The 10 match unbeaten run has saved our season and must be commended, however, next season I would like a much more adventurous formation at home. The new stand and feel good factor will probably help increase attendances next term but unless the entertainment and 'goals for' column improves crowds will continue to fall away.

We have a much more 'local' league to look forward to next season and I just hope the back room staff can take advantage and deliver an exciting brand of attacking football at BP that can not only help increase the fanbase but can also keep them coming back for more.

I live in hope!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grounds - not great today, but up against a good right winger and generally one of our better players. Those who think we won't miss him are not footballers.

i don't think we'll miss grounds, and im a footballer.... anyway you've seen what 6/7 games this season and you're ruling out the opinion of someone who's seen roughly 35/40?

grounds is a good player, will probably go to a bigger club and pick up a bigger wage... but he's not been no where near as good as his first season under us and if he's our biggest earner, i think we could spend that wage elsewhere!

having said that... and read your comments on the rest of the team, you're spot on with most

Edited by kieranmcandrew

i don't think we'll miss grounds, and im a footballer.... anyway you've seen what 6/7 games this season and you're ruling out the opinion of someone who's seen roughly 35/40?

grounds is a good player, will probably go to a bigger club and pick up a bigger wage... but he's not been no where near as good as his first season under us and if he's our biggest earner, i think we could spend that wage elsewhere!

having said that... and read your comments on the rest of the team, you're spot on with most

Most footballers are thick, e.g. Beckham and Gazza etc. No disrespect Kieran but you tell me what is wrong with our team and I will tell you my thoughts for next season. Philly wrong position, I just don't get this. Left winger NO so in which position?

Chubs - always in the right place at the right time. Some good saves today.

Wilson - looks superb

Smith - class above the rest.

Philly - Good footballer, wrong position.

JCH - potential. Doesn't score enough and gets left on his own (not his fault)

So we just need another 6, don't we?

They were the same in the paint pot game earlier this season- iirc abbot and johnson had a 'toe to toe' which ended with johnson holding his nose suggesting abbots breath stunk! To me derry is a bigger c**t than robinson and evans who are more 'pantomime villians' than nasty bastards.

He ruined our lap of honour too. I've got no problem with him going over to their fans, but he shouldn't do it, whilst we are doing our "lap" of honour. For me, Ronnie Moore is a pantomime villain, but he is likely to be out of football management for good now. Whereas, Fergie jnr, Robinson, Evans (and his assistant) are c**** with Abbott now amongst them, Derry is getting there too, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment mainly thanks to his recent QPR playing history.

Think there are a few policing organisations who ought to have learned some valuable lessons about football policing in recent weeks, on today's showing GMP are up there. It didn't turn nasty, apart from a little bit of pushing and shoving, in the paddock, but it had the potential to and it wouldn't have taken much more.

He ruined our lap of honour too. I've got no problem with him going over to their fans, but he shouldn't do it, whilst we are doing our "lap" of honour. For me, Ronnie Moore is a pantomime villain, but he is likely to be out of football management for good now. Whereas, Fergie jnr, Robinson, Evans (and his assistant) are c**** with Abbott now amongst them, Derry is getting there too, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment mainly thanks to his recent QPR playing history.

Think there are a few policing organisations who ought to have learned some valuable lessons about football policing in recent weeks, on today's showing GMP are up there. It didn't turn nasty, apart from a little bit of pushing and shoving, in the paddock, but it had the potential to and it wouldn't have taken much more.

County defined the great escape this season. I would expect them to be going mental.

Most footballers are thick, e.g. Beckham and Gazza etc. No disrespect Kieran but you tell me what is wrong with our team and I will tell you my thoughts for next season. Philly wrong position, I just don't get this. Left winger NO so in which position?

He is a number 10 in a front two, yet LJ persists on using him in a position where the shackles on him and defensive duties he was asked to perform means he is extremely reluctant to venture forward, leaving Wes as our most advanced midfield player - he better not have got a tw0-year extension as a CM.

He is a very good forward.

Really can't see the problem with Notts County applauding their fans at the end. Their players applauded their fans, our players applauded ours. What's the problem? Considering they had a good turnout and they were all but down in march, I think it would have been a bit :censored:ty if they hadn't.

Tranmere, though. Hahaha. Hahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa.

Wow you sound like a happy chap.

I was half hoping that our little 15 yr old FYC wannabe in red who was goading the County fans during the pitch invasion was going to get a smack. Well behaved set of fans, good crack, loyal to the ground, see you all again next season

It was another decent game, just a shame we couldn't have ended it with a win. Bit of positivity going into pre-season though for once. Glad it's over though. Always look forward to the break (as does the bank balance) but come mid-June, I'll be eagerly waiting on thr fixtures.

All in all, we've been poor for a lot of the season but we've ended well and Johnson seems to learning from mistakes. Funny how a good ending to the season changes the complexion of things but there are reasons to be optimistic. Makes a nice change.

Wow you sound like a happy chap.

I was half hoping that our little 15 yr old FYC wannabe in red who was goading the County fans during the pitch invasion was going to get a smack. Well behaved set of fans, good crack, loyal to the ground, see you all again next season

I'm very happy at the moment. You however, sound like you need cheering up.

Hopefully this will cheer you up. warning NSFW

Tranmere, though. Hahaha. Hahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa.

Well, I popped over before the weekend, so didn't want to hide after the event.

To be fair, I understand you glee - if the roles were reversed I would probably be delighting in similar schadenfreude, so fair play to you.

That said, you will appreciate I feel absolutely devastated, and just numb really. Relegations are always hard to take, but given the perilous finances our club, and the "modern football" environment (sky generation etc) we now live in, I'm not sure we will bounce back from this, and am fearful that we might even do a Stockport.

Anyway, there it is. I guess our clubs are similar in many ways, struggling against the lure of big city neighbours, so until our paths cross again, adios Latics, it's been fun! :applause1:

To be fair, I understand you glee - if the roles were reversed I would probably be delighting in similar schadenfreude, so fair play to you.

That said, you will appreciate I feel absolutely devastated, and just numb really. Relegations are always hard to take, but given the perilous finances our club, and the "modern football" environment (sky generation etc) we now live in, I'm not sure we will bounce back from this, and am fearful that we might even do a Stockport.

Anyway, there it is. I guess our clubs are similar in many ways, struggling against the lure of big city neighbours, so until our paths cross again, adios Latics, it's been fun! :applause1:

Good luck down below.

Hopefully we'll be playing you in the Championship in three seasons!

Fair play, eventually it didn't matter what we did, you managed to throw it away on your own. Good luck for next season.

We tried but luck and the ref at our game were against you I'm afraid. There was definitely a chant of send them down from the often quiet main stand yesterday.

I can see you bouncing straight back up, especially if you keep Ryan Lowe, but the fourth division has ways of biting teams on their backsides, see Bristol Rovers yesterday.

Fair play to you pal. Good luck next season.

If we won every game 1-0 next season would anyone seriously complain? We've been in this damn division so long getting out of it - at the 'right' end - by whatever means possible should be the order of the day.

If we won every game 1-0 next season would anyone seriously complain? We've been in this damn division so long getting out of it - at the 'right' end - by whatever means possible should be the order of the day.

Oath

Agree 100%