Grounds Probably been the worst defender in the second half of the season. Passes gone astray and defending not that great. Also for the penalty yesterday what was he doing he's done that before at Preston away and Johnson pelted balls at him all week. Glad he is going

Grounds Probably been the worst defender in the second half of the season. Passes gone astray and defending not that great. Also for the penalty yesterday what was he doing he's done that before at Preston away and Johnson pelted balls at him all week. Glad he is going

I agree that his passing isn't great, but I'd go as far as saying the majority of League One (maybe even Championship) defenders don't pass the ball well.

As for the rest, the perfect example is how painfully exposed we looked when Mellor played at Left Back, then how solid we looked when Grounds replaced him there. Mellor was a liability, Plummer was a liability, Grounds has helped the whole back four to become reliable, even if he has not offered as much going forward as Mills for example.

There are some players who we could get in who could do a good job at left back, but on past experience I'm not convinced that we will get an upgrade in this position.

If you're glad Grounds is going then you must believe that we can get a better left back who can also play centre half in League One on our budget?

If, in the highly unlikely event, Grounds stays, then I will be doing laps of celebration. However, I think he is off, and whilst he was very non-committal about it when he spoke about it last night, he is more than likely to be going somewhere bigger, better and for more money.

Wes conceded a penalty away at Preston with a foul on Kevin Davies.

Simon Charlton was one of the best signings of the last decade for me. Another like that would do me fine.

Charlton was fantistic until the last quater of the season and then it seemed time caught with him very quicky

Grounds isnt a liability.

He's just not as good as some make him out to be.

Pretty decent defender, terrible 'player' - passing to a teammate should be pretty high up a professional players skill set list. Its bottom of Grounds' one.

Replaceable. Very, very replaceable player.

Truelove?

I'd be surprised and worried if we are relying on Truelove to be our 1st choice left back next year. Maybe the year after but he's barely played for the 1st team and has just had most of his first pro season out injured.

He looked promising last year at Orient, but no more than that.

I don't understand the downer that some have on Grounds.

He has proved himself to be versatile, durable and highly effective wherever he has played across the back 4.

He consistently offers an outlet when in possession and can genuinely shut down his flank when playing as a full back. As with any player he is clearly replaceable, but he has offered nothing but professional service and a professional attitude towards his employer.

Fair play to him, and our squad is weaker for his absence.

Grounds is more than good enough for us. Id prob say he is in the top 5 or 6 left backs in the division.

BUT

If you are going to give a player one of the biggest wages in your squad would you want it to be a left back, or a striker? Personally think he is good but not that good he justifies such a high wage for a left back. I would say trim the wage budget down in that position, get an adequate replacement and stick the big bucks up top and land ryan lowe for a season

Grounds is more than good enough for us. Id prob say he is in the top 5 or 6 left backs in the division.

BUT

If you are going to give a player one of the biggest wages in your squad would you want it to be a left back, or a striker? Personally think he is good but not that good he justifies such a high wage for a left back. I would say trim the wage budget down in that position, get an adequate replacement and stick the big bucks up top and land ryan lowe for a season

Can certainly see what you are saying but Grounds has proved his worth to me playing at LB with Harkins LM/LW. Having quality defenders at RB/LB means that we can afford to play that maverick genius at a nominal RW/LW. It is much easier to win games knowing you don't have to score at least 2 to do so.

Fookin ell!!! 2 Connor Browns!!!???

A player who I've admitted is improving but come on!?

He has poor distribution, questionable positioning and is liable to errors because he ball watches, he also hides from the ball when its going badly for himself....none of which over 40 odd games can be denied by anyone

I swear sometimes people don't want to challenge at the top of the table.

BUT

Does any1 actually know who are our highest paid players?