Wes Cleans up at the Awards

@OfficialOAFC: JW: "The supporters have been great to me for the time I have been here. There is something special going on here & I want to be involved."

From the man himself, will look like a bit of a dick if he leaves now ! But well done Wes 100% deserved

Apologies for ignorance here but is the Community Trust Player of the Season a 'does what it says on the tin' award (ie rewards players for their community work rather than being anything to do with the football side of things)? If so, good work Anton - that's genuine btw, if you can be frozen out for so long and still go above and beyond what's required in your job description, full marks to him.

@OfficialOAFC: JW: "The supporters have been great to me for the time I have been here. There is something special going on here & I want to be involved."

From the man himself, will look like a bit of a dick if he leaves now ! But well done Wes 100% deserved

He won't look like one the club will...he wants to stay so the club need to make It happen if they want him.

If someone offers more money and longer contract he'd be stupid to not take it!

I wish the player of the season award would be given out on the last home game as it used to. Or at least be given out before so home fans can acknowledge him.

Its a real annoyance to me. Before someone says "well go to the awards night" it isnt always possible. I dont want to either.

If we had a promotion season next year and 2000 want to go to the awards night, they all couldn't.

Should be handed out at the last home game. Quite a few posters cant even remember who won it last year.

Congratulations to wes though. Deserved for me

Edited by pukka

Somewhere out there, ChaddySmoker and Palmer1 are currently plotting deadly revenge on behalf of their boy Korey, truly one of the biggest miscarriages of justice this country has ever seen.

Haha! I have stated Wes was probably our most consistent player this season baring in mind our best player has carried an injury for months and needs surgery.

Wes won player of the season, not the best player at the club

Its a real annoyance to me. Before someone says "well go to the awards night" it isnt always possible. I dont want to either.

You should.

I never wanted to in the past as I thought it really wouldn't be my cup of tea & I like to keep Latics related activities to match days but I went last night and really enjoyed it.

It gives you a different perspective on things (maybe for a few weeks anyway :grin:) and makes you realise how many really nice people work for the club, on and off the pitch.

Oh, and there's the secrets you're told........

Edited by HarryBosch

You should.

I never wanted to in the past as I thought it really wouldn't be my cup of tea & I like to keep Latics related activities to match days but I went last night and really enjoyed it.

It gives you a different perspective on things (maybe for a few weeks anyway :grin:) and makes you realise how many really nice people work for the club, on and off the pitch.

Oh, and there's the secrets you're told........

I take your point, but I am currently in the process of buying my first house. Just shelled out for a season ticket, to pay for that when Im not bothered really doesn't appeal.

Care to elaborate?

Absolutely not. :grin:

Nothing earth shattering anyway.

I like to think the staff and players would get together before these things to plant a few bits of bull:censored: to see which untrustworthy souls spout them all over the internet. I know I would.

I like to think the staff and players would get together before these things to plant a few bits of bull:censored: to see which untrustworthy souls spout them all over the internet.

I think they did-look who got player of the season! (Just for deyres42)

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Absolutely not. :grin:

Nothing earth shattering anyway.

I like to think the staff and players would get together before these things to plant a few bits of bull:censored: to see which untrustworthy souls spout them all over the internet. I know I would.

Jack Ryan's canary trap. I like it.

Out of interest, can anyone who was there (and paying attention) tell me what the piece of music was which they used over the clip of the Peterborough comeback?

Ta

Edit:

Just read that Eden Creative put together the presentation last night. Doesn't somebody from there post on here?

Edited by danoafc

• 2 weeks later...