Friendly vs Newcastle

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forte used to be at Southampton, bags for fun in League 1. He's a striker not a winger so is playing well out of position.

Mo Sheriff is a made up name I believe

Tx b0nd

I hear Newcastle are playing their strongest possible team (Newcasle Chronicle say - according to Roy)

Played alright. jch and turner havent been in it much. Midfield seems well organised, fonte and jones playing well. Mills and dayton connecting well. Wilson commanding at Cb and kusungu relatively solid.

Started the game well, newcastle came on top and retained alot of the ball around 25-35 mins, goal came from a deflected freekick which fell to de jong who smashed it in top right.

Finished the last ten minutes well with fonte making some good crosses, a narrow miss with his head and mike jones unlucky with a run on goal.

ht: 1-0 geordies

Tx b0nd

I hear Newcastle are playing their strongest possible team (Newcasle Chronicle say - according to Roy)

I heard earlier that Newcastle were going to field a full strength team but there's no Krul, Santon, Williamson, Ben Arfa, Remy, Coloccini, Sissoko, Cisse, Guttierez, Marveaux, Tiote, Debuchy or Cabella, so not exactly the most recognisable Toon side.

I heard earlier that Newcastle were going to field a full strength team but there's no Krul, Santon, Williamson, Ben Arfa, Remy, Coloccini, Sissoko, Cisse, Guttierez, Marveaux, Tiote, Debuchy or Cabella, so not exactly the most recognisable Toon side.

Apparently still there best possible team, apart from those on their jollies.

Is Forte another JCH - pace, power etc - but not the goals?

Was hoping for so much with some names banded about and becoming underwhelmed following the quality acquisitions earlier in pre-season.

Also do you reckon the new shirt will be on sale before start of season? Not unveiled tonight and appreciate they've shut the shop but no news or confirmed launch date even if it's July or August.