Steaua Bucharest

Lol you are technically correct!

This board should be used to moan about :censored: footballers. But he has improved and if he starts at right back on the first day of next season then you may have an argument...... He won't by the way.

Long time reader right? Long time club\ corney hater right?

Whoa is me ....

You're correct, of course he won't. With Wilson and Kusunga able to play in that position it's likely he's going to be able to count his number of starts on one hand next season. As for being a 'Corney hater' that certainly isn't true. I'll be the first to admit that in the past I have spouted some bile on here, mainly due to a seeming lack of ambition after the figure Brentford's local reported we got for Tarky.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans can't get into announced behind closed door friendly (don't go its been announced as behind closed door)

Some who didn't go take as personal attack on clubs fans.

sounds to me more like you are looking for an excuse just have a pop at CLUB

I agree. It's been announced for a while it's behind closed doors. I do think they went a bit over the top, though. Not letting the media and fans who didn't know in, is ridiculous... Edited by Ryan

You're correct, of course he won't. With Wilson and Kusunga able to play in that position it's likely he's going to be able to count his number of starts on one hand next season. As for being a 'Corney hater' that certainly isn't true. I'll be the first to admit that in the past I have spouted some bile on here, mainly due to a seeming lack of ambition after the figure Brentford's local reported we got for Tarky.

Think you're wrong about Connor Brown and if he carries on where he left off towards the end of last season I think he'll take some shifting....I can't quite understand why he gets so much grief on here, he's a young lad still learning the game, gaining experience all the time , and one who I think will go on to prove a lot of people wrong!

Think you're wrong about Connor Brown and if he carries on where he left off towards the end of last season I think he'll take some shifting....I can't quite understand why he gets so much grief on here, he's a young lad still learning the game, gaining experience all the time , and one who I think will go on to prove a lot of people wrong!

I like Connor, a lot. I just feel that with two very solid defenders for this level ahead of him he might not get much game time. I'd love for him to prove me wrong!

I've just read a thread about a meaningless pre-season friendly, barely a week in to training, where one poster has stated a range of facts about our performance based, it seems, on a Romanian Twitter feed. Another has slated our fitness for conceding three goals to one of the stronger sides in a foreign league and there is a request for a statement from the Fans' Representative to explain why people couldn't get into a behind closed doors pre-season friendly?

Me? I have a vague interest in knowing the identity of the trialists. Beyond that I don't get why anybody gives a flying :censored:.

I've just read a thread about a meaningless pre-season friendly, barely a week in to training, where one poster has stated a range of facts about our performance based, it seems, on a Romanian Twitter feed. Another has slated our fitness for conceding three goals to one of the stronger sides in a foreign league and there is a request for a statement from the Fans' Representative to explain why people couldn't get into a behind closed doors pre-season friendly?

Me? I have a vague interest in knowing the identity of the trialists. Beyond that I don't get why anybody gives a flying :censored:.

Absolutely..........some on here are unreal!

It's the principal of keeping fans from watching the team they support. LJ has said he will be doing it this coming season for reserve games, why not play matches at grounds where fans can see them, what's there to hide?

Potential signings most importantly.

Keep Scouts out?

Fans going over the top in their reaction to the first game back, maybe?

Edited by singe

Perhaps Barry Owen can do something on behalf of the fans and request a stop be put to these behind closed door games - which will now become even more frequent with the loss of the reserve team fixtures.

Keeping fans away from watching their team is not only frustrating, but smacks of 'we couldn't care less about fans'.

Did these never happen in your scouting days BP?

Only Latics fans could have a moan at not getting in to a 'behind closed doors/no fans allowed/stay the :censored: away' friendly.

The clue is in the name. People would soon be whinging if we had a decent trialist pinched from us or something like that.

Only Latics fans could have a moan at not getting in to a 'behind closed doors/no fans allowed/stay the :censored: away' friendly.

The clue is in the name. People would soon be whinging if we had a decent trialist pinched from us or something like that.

I believe the teams were named in the Chron one day this week. Nice to see JCH get a goal but I don't read much into friendlies, anymore. The result doesn't mean anything and certainly shouldn't be read into. Curzon should see a decent following..

how did savage the beast get in to watch the game when nobody else could?

unless he's billy quarmby

He didn't.

He picked up a couple of hit and miss Twitter feeds, made his own interpretation of 140 characters and presented it here as fact.

They are playing in their Champions League qualifier next week. I would imagine that S Bucharesti don't want to be scouted by their opposition, hence why behind closed doors and the tough security.

It wasn't Steaua's choice, and the gripe of their supporters and those of Ludogorets Razgrad, was that their Clubs' official sites advertised last Tueday's match without reference to it being behind closed doors. It's the policy of the F.A. and nobody can understand the logic of it.

I warned those Oldhamers I knew were planning to attend, about Tuesday's strict security, to save them having a wasted journey. I still find it incredible that the Chron representative was not allowed to watch the match.

They are playing in their Champions League qualifier next week. I would imagine that S Bucharesti don't want to be scouted by their opposition, hence why behind closed doors and the tough security.

Agreed. Plus calling it a friendly is misleading - it was a training and tactical fine tuning exercise for Bucharest. We were invited to take part and it appears Bucharest learned something by the way they turned it around against our limbering up, two teams squad.