Needed For Success

So you'd rather him play all 46 league games plus league cup, FA cup and JPT games too?

Ritchie managed it without too many problems.....we haven't enough quality in the squad to rotate players.

I would rather play our best 11 every week and get some continuity going.... We didn't get consistent results last season until the last 10 games when we had a settled side.

Ritchie managed it without too many problems.....we haven't enough quality in the squad to rotate players.

I would rather play our best 11 every week and get some continuity going.... We didn't get consistent results last season until the last 10 games when we had a settled side.

Fair do's about the strength in depth issue hence what I was saying about bringing in one more to complete a rotation policy with forwards.

Richie managed it, yes, in the 90s. Totally different game now and we are asking more of our forwards now as we don't have the same quality players across the line or mid that we had back then.

It's a novel idea to keep playing the same players and yes I agree consistency helps form, however with Forte ' s injury record and lack of games it would be stupid to ask him to play all game, every game as you suggested.

Fair do's about the strength in depth issue hence what I was saying about bringing in one more to complete a rotation policy with forwards.

Richie managed it, yes, in the 90s. Totally different game now and we are asking more of our forwards now as we don't have the same quality players across the line or mid that we had back then.

It's a novel idea to keep playing the same players and yes I agree consistency helps form, however with Forte ' s injury record and lack of games it would be stupid to ask him to play all game, every game as you suggested.

I dont see what is different about the game in the 90's and today's game, 11 versus 11 surely, 90 minutes, or am I missing the point.

I dont see what is different about the game in the 90's and today's game, 11 versus 11 surely, 90 minutes, or am I missing the point.

Their diet, training and physiotherapy are better now.

Plus this is League One, not the (now) Championship or top flight.

Plus Forte won't have the run to a League Cup final or FA Cup semi to worry about.

The basic principles are the same. To me, the game is quicker, training routines are more strenuous, overall more physically demanding.

Anyway this is all moving way away from my initial point that Forte is a great player, just needs looking after to keep getting the best out of him.

Ritchie managed it without too many problems......

Erm no he didn't

You will find he spent a good couple of spells in both the 89-90 and 90-91 season injured. In fact if he wasn't injured for that final game against Sheffield weds it would have been him rather than Neil redfearn stepping up to take that penalty.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Erm no he didn't

You will find he spent a good couple of spells in both the 89-90 and 90-91 season injured. In fact if he wasn't injured for that final game against Sheffield weds it would have been him rather than Neil redfearn stepping up to take that penalty.

And on that note I am going to YouTube that moment right now and for the one millionth time get goosebumps! Good morning all...

Erm no he didn't

That was Redfearn's sixth penalty of the season.

Which means, by OWTB rules, he only scored 12 goals that season not 18.

Erm no he didn't

Apart from the fact Ritchie had missed a penalty in March, at Blackburn, and Redfearn had taken over the responsibilities as a consequence.

Apart from the fact Ritchie had missed a penalty in March, at Blackburn, and Redfearn had taken over the responsibilities as a consequence.

He wasn't on the pitch though because he was injured that's the main point and earlier on Marshall had spent time on the sidelines injured.

Fortunately we had a chap called roger palmer who could fill in as back up he could play abit.

Edited by GlossopLatic

He wasn't on the pitch though because he was injured that's the main point and earlier on Marshall had spent time on the sidelines injured.

Fortunately we had a chap called roger palmer who could fill in as back up he could play abit.

But if he had been fit Redfearn would have still taken the penalty, it's a chicken and egg thing. Ritchie being dropped from being the penalty taker came first.

roger palmer filled in as back up.....??? just let that sink in before you start to think about who we currently have as back up