Needed For Success

A creative spark we are seriously lacking a player who can turn a game with a drop of the shoulder or a pass the average footballer just doesn't see, granted i know players like Baxter and Harkins became luxury players in the way Lee Johnson likes to play football but we really are lacking a match winner.

Secondly we need a fox in the box type player who will do nothing for 85 mins and his first touch would be a goal, Matt Derbyshire would thrive with the current squad we have built. For all the work Gros puts in i cant see him getting into double figures and the pre season expectations of JCH seem to be falling short at the moment and he seems to be low on confidence too and yes i know he has only played 2 games but all pre season he looked to shoot at every opportunity in the first 2 games he hasnt got himself in the right areas to even contemplate a shot.

Now i know asking for both of these types of players is a lot but if we did sign another Harkins and goal hanging striker i genuinely think we could flirt with the top 10 for most of the season.

Thoughts?

LJ has bought lots of 6/7 out of 10 players who generally play it safe, we need someone to actually make chances for the strikers with a bit of quality. Only Winchester seems to have this in his locker!

Looks like we are going to have to rely on the odd bit of individual for our goals this season but with the players we have I fear it's going to be in short supply

The 1st at Colchester was a run from our own half past several defenders, ok got a lucky break, but took it past the keeper and scored.

The 2nd at Colchester was an 18 pass move that ended with the striker getting across in front of the defender and tapping in a cross from the advanced full back.

Is Forte the creative spark and the fox in the box? Could be a lot riding on his form this season.

Dagnall would be a great addition still has property in the north west too.

It would be unfair to rely heavily on Forte as he is a player who hasn't played too much football recently but its clear to see he is our lynchpin so early into his career with us.

Agreed Matt. I think we run the risk of 'doing a Kuqi' on Forte if we rely on him heavily, particularly since he hasn't played too much football. Would prefer an actual signing as opposed to a loanee though.

Isn't Johnson already NOT doing a Kuqi by resting him last night?

Yes he did the opposite last night but I'm talking over a prolonged number of games Bosch. If he carries on knocking 'em in, it's going to get increasingly difficult to rest him, which is great for us as a team, not so good for burn out. We need another proven scorer preferably on contract terms as the other chaps have said.

we have David Noble on trial although he is still injured . according to LJ he is the genius type we may need . he rates Noble as one of the best he ever played with and should have been a premier player . seems to have had one or two issues in the past but if he gets fit and shows the right attitude he could be the one

Yes he did the opposite last night but I'm talking over a prolonged number of games Bosch. If he carries on knocking 'em in, it's going to get increasingly difficult to rest him, which is great for us as a team, not so good for burn out. We need another proven scorer preferably on contract terms as the other chaps have said.

Burn out, FFS, He's played zero football for a year but he might need to be rested......do me a favour!!!!!

A team set up to be overly reliant on just one player has, and always will be tactical madness.

I don't know who our one player would be though from the early signs of pre-season and the first few games?

Forte? JCH? Hmmm....

As disinterested and generally pish as JCH was last night, pair with Gros or Forte; they should cause problems for League One defenders.

But they'll only do that if they manage to get the ball in positions where they can look to attack.

Its the midfield that looks to need attention. The creativity, spark, drive needs to come from there to feed our strikers and show attacking threat.

Alot appears to hinge on Kelly finding some semblance of form and fitness, and Jones becoming our box to box midfielder. And that's if's, but's and maybe's at present.

We'll see how we are come the end of the window, and into September. If goals are again a problem across the side, then he does still have plenty of time to do something about it; which he'll need to if its the case

Burn out, FFS, He's played zero football for a year but he might need to be rested......do me a favour!!!!!

You haven't read what I have said. I'm talking prolonged period of over reliance, not immediate resting. Play a player constantly after being out for ages and you end up with a Kuqi/Abbott situation, a player that is under preforming because they are spent for playing too many minutes. Thus a spent player is an unhappy one. Look after Forte and he will be a good 'Un.

How about, you know, not having 10 new players every season who don't know each other, how they play and what runs they make?

They should know each others game by now. Some players can slot into a team without knowing anyone.

Maybe Turner or Morgan-Smith could be the fox in the box. If an offer comes in for JCH I'd snap their hand off. He was dominated by a good experienced defender last night,and simply gave up and just went through the motions.