deadline day - Prediction

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would thy take any notice? if he has potential his name proberly would of been passed on anyway.

I have had a reply and they have taken notice, they aren't aware of him and I've been told is to he is to be followed up asp.

I never buy the argument about why haven't other clubs snapped him up, for example many league clubs would have seen and dismissed Matt Smith at Solihull, if Latics hadn't signed him the the chances are he would probably still be in non league now instead of being sold for a reported £1 million today.

Remember, a player I liken this lad to David Eyres was in non league until 26 years of age and must have been watched by umpteen league clubs who did nothing.

It's all about opinions anyway, if the Latics don't agree fair enough, at least they are interested.

Edited by BP1960

I have had a reply and they have taken notice, they aren't aware of him and I've been told is to he is to be followed up asp.

I never buy the argument about why haven't other clubs snapped him up, for example many league clubs would have seen and dismissed Matt Smith at Solihull, if Latics hadn't signed him the the chances are he would probably still be in non league now instead of being sold for a reported £1 million today.

Remember, a player I liken this lad to David Eyres was in non league until 26 years of age and must have been watched by umpteen league clubs who did nothing.

It's all about opinions anyway, if the Latics don't agree fair enough, at least they are interested.

LJ was down at Stalybridge on Bank Holiday Monday with Tony P for the Stockport County game. Not sure if they were scouting or just watching the loanee.

Well done BP, and credit to th club for acting on your advice

LJ was down at Stalybridge on Bank Holiday Monday with Tony P for the Stockport County game. Not sure if they were scouting or just watching the loanee.

Not to see the player I recommended, it would probably be to see how Truelove was shaping up at Stalybridge and Stockport may have another prospect worth looking at.

One thing I have learned though is you can go to scout one player and another player you have never heard of takes the eye.

I was at a local non league game once with a league club manager watching a player I'd recommended, but a player from the opposition looked much better to me.

The manager left early and said there's nothing for him here, the player I liked better was not followed up on, but went on to play in the Championship.

Mind you, the player I recommended at the local club didn't go much higher.

You can't win them all.

Edited by BP1960