No Chris Porter in Sheff Utd Squad

Ex Bury Grammer lad suggests he's no fool too...he hasn't earned enough in his career so far to put his feet up

He is no ex Bury Grammar lad. He's ex-QEGS Blackburn, that's like saying someone is ex-Bluecoat when they are ex-Oldham Hulme

What has any of this got to do with anything? Ex Hulme grammar? Means what? His parents were rich enough to send him to a posh school. Means nothing if you don't apply yourself. I know plenty of people from rough schools who went on to do well and plenty of wasters that went to posh schools. We want him to score goals FFS not translate Latin.

Danny Philliskirk wasn't good enough for Sheffield United.

Different ends of the career spectrum. DP had the motivation to work hard, Porter wouldn't. He's always looked like a lazy player and at his age and stage in his career i don't see him coming to Oldham and finding the motivation to go and score goals. I couldn't really care less about what happened. Most players do what their agent tells them. I just think he's crap and wouldn't do the job.

What has any of this got to do with anything? Ex Hulme grammar? Means what? His parents were rich enough to send him to a posh school. Means nothing if you don't apply yourself. I know plenty of people from rough schools who went on to do well and plenty of wasters that went to posh schools. We want him to score goals FFS not translate Latin.

Think you have totally missed the point...the fact he is no numb nuts suggests he knows he can't let his career just peter out yet... People's comments of 'he has lost it' are totally unfounded...if he's a target for Johnson it's good enough for me

Being able to afford to send a kid to a private school doesn't necessarily mean you are rich...and the money you can earn out of football is a world apart anyways.

It means something if you went to one of those schools and would rather not be associated with him.

It means something if you went to one of those schools and would rather not be associated with him.

I went to one of this schools (hulme) and proud of it

My parents didn't have loads of money , but there were a few kids whose parents did, and some of them were TAPS

?

Edited by stevesidg

Different ends of the career spectrum. DP had the motivation to work hard, Porter wouldn't. He's always looked like a lazy player and at his age and stage in his career i don't see him coming to Oldham and finding the motivation to go and score goals. I couldn't really care less about what happened. Most players do what their agent tells them. I just think he's crap and wouldn't do the job.

Thats not really the point that I was making though. I'm not even saying if I think we should or shouldn't sign him, but if we are going to look at players and say well he's not good enough for Sheffield United then he isn't good enough for us, then basically we'd never sign anyone. We've got cock all money, so we need to build from other clubs rejects, loanees and youth players. And that will mean signing players who have previously failed at clubs in this division.

I went to one of this schools (hulme) and proud of it

My parents didn't have loads of money , but there were a few kids whose parents did, and some of them were TAPS

Think loads of people missed my point I was using Hulme and Bluecoats as an example that more people on here would be aware of.

It's a bad sign when we're chasing another average League One side's rejects.

A large percentage of our summer signings are other league one rejects.

Plus he conned us out of £700k (I know - it was his agent, etc)...

Yeah, it was supposed to be tongue in cheek, having a poke at how low Sheffield United have fallen..

Think you have totally missed the point...the fact he is no numb nuts suggests he knows he can't let his career just peter out yet... People's comments of 'he has lost it' are totally unfounded...if he's a target for Johnson it's good enough for me

Being able to afford to send a kid to a private school doesn't necessarily mean you are rich...and the money you can earn out of football is a world apart anyways.

No, my point is just because he went to said school doesn't mean he ISNT a numbnuts.

And Rude, I take ur point about not wanting to be associated with him now....