No Chris Porter in Sheff Utd Squad

I'd rather not bother. I'm not concerned about what he did to us (or, rather, what his agent did), I just don't think he's what we need. He's not been able to keep a place in the Sheffield team and i don't think he'd be exactly motivated if he came here. He's always been a lazy player.I suspect he'd be a waste of time and money.

Porter is very keen on coming back, Johnson wants him but Corney is 50/50 mainly worried about what the fans will think/give him as reception

Regardless of what anyone on here or in the stands thinks (be that based on history or opinion on his ability), if Johnson wants him & he falls within our budget then we should sign him. We're on a decent run & we've managed to get a promising squad together due in no small part to the manager's judgement. If he thinks Porter would work then he should get the backing he deserves.

Porter is very keen on coming back, Johnson wants him but Corney is 50/50 mainly worried about what the fans will think/give him as reception

Sorry don't buy this. If Porters so keen and LJ is too then he'd be here by now. Corney wouldn't consider the fans if he thought Porter would add to the team...that said, I doubt he would stand in the way if LJ wanted him and the budget was there.

I think any delay is purely down to the budget or were not that keen on him.

For his salary, Corney would look elsewhere especially with his Porter left us...

He's the kind of player who won't be involved In any of the build up play as he is that immobile.

Would be change our style of play to accommodate him? I wouldn't want us to.

If he changes our style of play from creating loads of chances with nobody with the nous to put them away consistently to creating loads of chances with a horrible, experienced old head WITH the nous to put them away consistently I WOULD want us to.

And he'd be the right type of loanee - one who'd sign permanently come January should that be right for all parties. Sheff Utd don't want him.

If Johnson wants to sign him, he wants to come back and Sheffield United are happy to let him leave and we can afford him in our budget then Corney will do his best to sign him.

Lets not forget Porter almost resigned for us when Dickov was in charge and Corney was fine with it until SU came in at the last minute...

Are some of you contriving, again, to make out that a player who would be far and away our best centre forward is somehow not good enough for us?

It's a bad sign when we're chasing another average League One side's rejects.

Plus he conned us out of £700k (I know - it was his agent, etc)...

Nothing a quick statement on the website apologising for the way he left and a goal on your debut can't change

Again, as with these things all we ever heard was the OAFC side of the story, not that any of what we were told at the time was incorrect; but we also never heard his side, so who really knows what went on?

Purely on footballing ability (as it should be) - tough one. His knees have gone and although he would take over from Wilkinson and be in the same mould, Wilkinson has more pace and mobility than him. In the box he would be a target, but i have never been impressed with him since he has left us and feel we definately had the best of him when we has here 1st time.

But end of the day it's up to LJ, If he thinks he is what we need then we'll have to take it on the chin and hope he does his best for us, that's all you can ask

Edited by shefflatic

Disagree...if he wants to stop the slide on the slippery slope I think he needs to re-ignite his career ASAP. Ex Bury Grammer lad suggests he's no fool too...he hasn't earned enough in his career so far to put his feet up

He is no ex Bury Grammar lad. He's ex-QEGS Blackburn, that's like saying someone is ex-Bluecoat when they are ex-Oldham Hulme

Mendi/roylearmy or whatever he wants to be called is at it again on the Sheffield United forum...

After telling his fellow Sheffield united fans (he seems to be one of them now) a few weeks back,that he was in training with us...he's now claiming Porter rejected a loan to us and is asking why he's not been involved.

The overwhelming response is that its because he's :censored:e.

Let's face it, regardless of how many (including me) don't like the guy now, if (suspending belief that he would actually come back) he bagged 20 goals there would be virtually no-one on his back.

Goals dictate....

If Porter rejoined us and bagged 20 goals for us then Joesph Mills would bag 21

Let's face it, regardless of how many (including me) don't like the guy now, if (suspending belief that he would actually come back) he bagged 20 goals there would be virtually no-one on his back.

Goals dictate....

True ......

But if he went 5 games without scoring and then missed a couple of easy ones in the FA cup that saw us getting knocked out and missing a $700,000 away tie against Man utd - would we not be a little upset / frustrated / angry / public crucifixion on the RRE crossbar (delete as appropriate)

Are some of you contriving, again, to make out that a player who would be far and away our best centre forward is somehow not good enough for us?

Danny Philliskirk's better and he doesn't look like a fat squirrel.