forte

Congratulations and well deserved.

Who was our last player to win a POTM?

Matt smith for April then before him possibly Porter http://www.npowermediacentre.com/Press-releases/npower-League-1-Manager-and-Player-of-the-Month-Howe-and-Smith-win-April-Awards-1256.aspx Edited by SavageTheBeast

[media]

[\media]

He doesn't know who Roger Palmer is.

It seems strange to me that footballers wouldn't read up on the history of a club they join.

I love the confused look on his face when Gordon says he looks like him.

You can almost read the thought process - "record scorer? Must be going way back? Called Roger? He can't be black? Looks like me? Is Gordon just being right on here?" :lol:

It seems strange to me that footballers wouldn't read up on the history of a club they join.

Having interviewed a lot of people over the years for posts at the organisation I work at I am still surprised by the number of people that don't do this basic process.

Asking people "What do you know about the company and why do you want to work for us?" is often met with bland answers showing they have done no research.

My personal favourite answer to the question "What interests you in the role?" was "You know, being honest, I've never even given it any thought". Next....

Having interviewed a lot of people over the years for posts at the organisation I work at I am still surprised by the number of people that don't do this basic process.

Asking people "What do you know about the company and why do you want to work for us?" is often met with bland answers showing they have done no research.

My personal favourite answer to the question "What interests you in the role?" was "You know, being honest, I've never even given it any thought". Next....

Would you not rather employ those people though?

"Look mate - I work hard, I'm reliable, I need a job and this looks like it'll suit"

I've always distrusted anyone who interviewed too well whenever I've done it. And usually been right too.

Off topic but my favourite is one my brother in law heard:

"describe yourself in one word"

"Good looking"

My fav to same question was "well I really want a job in investment banking but couldn't get in so thought I'd try this..."

Funny how he didn't even pick up one MotM award on this site, and wasn't our player of the month - Mills and Jones have been exceptional in October. Goes to show what rubbish these 'individual' awards really are, although if it boosts his confidence and he scored 5 more in November I won't be complaining.

Just thinking with Marcus Maddison being on that list, who is the best player in the league this season? He must be well up there with the best. So would Johnson for Chesterfield, Aden Flint for Bristol and Delle Ali at MK I reckon.

Edited by NewBlue

Delle Ali looks the dogs bollocks. He won't be at MK for much longer.

So far this season Maddison stood out at Posh, as did the lad with dreadlocks for Chesterfield, Other than that I've not seen a better player than Forte/Winchester.

My dad went to Swindon away (I couldn't make it) and said one of their players was outstanding, a wing back I believe. Went on their forum after it and they all seemed to agree he was far too good for them.

Think Gillingham's right winger has looked decent but against us Mills didn't give him a sniff.

Edited by aaronoafc

Funny how he didn't even pick up one MotM award on this site, and wasn't our player of the month - Mills and Jones have been exceptional in October. Goes to show what rubbish these 'individual' awards really are, although if it boosts his confidence and he scored 5 more in November I won't be complaining.

Just thinking with Marcus Maddison being on that list, who is the best player in the league this season? He must be well up there with the best. So would Goodison for Chesterfield, Aden Flint for Bristol and Delle Ali at MK I reckon.

Its not normally a goalkeepers award but Roy Carroll has been a huge signing for Notts County and seems to be mom most weeks for them including against us.