Team for Crawley

Reading the chron, LJ talk about going to a back 3 when his 4 centre halves are fit. Lockwood is one of them but Dieng isn't. That tells me all I need to know about Dieng

We'll get battered more often than not playing 3 at the back. Showed against Middlesborough the inheirant weakness of the system, leaving us very exposed on the wings.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dieng is exactly that - a midfielder. He will benefit greatly from his experience playing in the back four and was getting better the more games he played. I can see a decent defensive midfielder in him.

No way, he's more a centre half than a midfielder. He's a poor midfielder.

The times Ive seen him in midfield which to be fair was pre season he was one of the better players on the pitch, Im sure he has struggled with the pace of League one football, but to be fair he is adjusting to life in a new enviroment, he is definately one for the future in whichever position he is asked to play and for me he has all the attributes to be a very good player for us.

Edited by athleticosOA95

3 mate. He doesn't have the greatest awareness. He's better in defence where the majority of play is in front of him

Got to disagree watched him very closely pre season particulaly at Barrow and he read the game very well for such a young player, when I spoke to him recently he described himself as an holding midfielder so I would say thats the position he probably feels most comfortable in.

Got to disagree watched him very closely pre season particulaly at Barrow and he read the game very well for such a young player, when I spoke to him recently he described himself as an holding midfielder so I would say thats the position he probably feels most comfortable in.

Fair point. I think he has more chance of making a good career for himself if he focussed on being a centre half as he could be a quality one if he improves a few aspects of his game.

I'm not saying he'd be anywhere near as good as Tarky became but Tarky was a centre mid for Maine Road before he moved back into defence

Lockwood just needs match fitness Elokobi 50/50 for dale so prob be fit for mid December

In his latest LP interview LJ says that they've arranged a friendly on Monday so that Locky can get some game time.

It will greatly benefit the other fringe players as well.

Edited by laticsrblue

Dieng is exactly that - a midfielder. He will benefit greatly from his experience playing in the back four and was getting better the more games he played. I can see a decent defensive midfielder in him.

Not after his performance against Orient. May deputise for Liam Kelly during injury/suspension, but wont ever be that for us. Is most definitely an average back up centre half, pushed back in the pecking order by Lockwood.

I wonder if Tidser will start tomorrow to give Kelly a break?

Whats with all this resting players lark we are 9th in the division not top by six points, we have got where we are from putting out the best team available, from the talk Im hearing this week seems to me that we think we are now in a position to play about with personel and formations, that could prove to be a huge mistake, play the best 11 available they have all had a week off and with a full week to the Sheff Utd game it shouldnt even be being considered in my opinion.

Whats with all this resting players lark we are 9th in the division not top by six points, we have got where we are from putting out the best team available, from the talk Im hearing this week seems to me that we think we are now in a position to play about with personel and formations, that could prove to be a huge mistake, play the best 11 available they have all had a week off and with a full week to the Sheff Utd game it shouldnt even be being considered in my opinion.

Having said that Tidser is a very good player and needs game time.

Yep, but is it really our problem if he needs game time? He's not our player.

Kelly doesn't need a rest - he gets that every afternoon after training finishes.

Tidser looked decent enough on his 1 game for us.

That's not enough to warrant a clamour for him to replace one of arguably our most consistent performers, our Captain, and one the most central key cogs in the way we're set up and currently play.

There's not even a debate to be had here as far as I can see...

Edited by slystallone

In the game ive seen him he was great and I have no doubt he could do a job but for me its just not worth it, all the chopping and changing talk reminds me too much of last season, if we have suspensions or an international call up fine but other than that best 11 for every game.

Not after his performance against Orient. May deputise for Liam Kelly during injury/suspension, but wont ever be that for us. Is most definitely an average back up centre half, pushed back in the pecking order by Lockwood.

And we've carried him well enough results wise since he came in. He's done very well to say how raw he is.