Sheff Utd Post Match

Today made me realise why SYP have such a heavy presence on match days. Birmingham drinking with Oldham in Sheffield and Barnsley turned up too- Barnsley apparently did the pub I went in to watch the footy just before I got there, it took me 5 minutes to get in, and that's was with a local.

Doesn't stop SYP being murdering barstewards though. #allegedly

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with the assessment of Rachubka for the goal - and felt it was soft in real time. That said, only he will know how much of it he saw and its flight appeared to take a slight deflection to me!!

The sending off was soft......and would certainly not have been given the other way. I have rarely felt actually cheated by an official (and team of!) but yesterday was a disgrace!!

It actually disrupted our tempo yesterday as we were not able to press them in the top two thirds of the pitch as we clearly had set out to do!!

Is anybody else a touch concerned that we are fading so markedly in the final 20 minutes of games?

Strange one with rachubka, like has been said he's been at fault for a few and could have done better with a few but he also made two outstanding saves yesterday that kept us at 1-0... does etheridge get his chance on tuesday and see if he plays well enough to keep the spot?

Strange one with rachubka, like has been said he's been at fault for a few and could have done better with a few but he also made two outstanding saves yesterday that kept us at 1-0... does etheridge get his chance on tuesday and see if he plays well enough to keep the spot?

Why would you change a side that's only lost one in sixteen?

Rabs should have got a stronger hand to that shot for their goal yesterday, but he's still a quality 'keeper.

Rabs should have got a stronger hand to that shot for their goal yesterday, but he's still a quality 'keeper.

should have hoofed the ball out against crawley, should have done better with the peterborough equaliser... that's 6 points better off straight away, how many of those 16 have we drawn, 9 and how many have come from letting leads slip? 6.

It's the JPT.

To give another player game time and improve his morale.

Not convinced he's "quality". But part of what seems to be a decent side.

should have hoofed the ball out against crawley, should have done better with the peterborough equaliser... that's 6 points better off straight away, how many of those 16 have we drawn, 9 and how many have come from letting leads slip? 6.

Letting leads slip could be down to us not killing teams off when we're on the front foot, so shall we drop the strikers?

How many of the draws could have been defeats if it wasn't for Rabs' saves?

I think we can look to hard for someone to blame, when there's no real need.

We conceded once at Bramall lane and were the better team for the majority of the 90 minutes.

United were fortunate not to have a player dismissed as they were racking up yellow cards like they were going out of fashion.

It would have been nice to nick another goal or to keep a clean sheet but i for one am not going to moan about it, we have come away from another tough away fixture with a point

Job done in my opinion and a great day out !

but he's still a quality 'keeper.

I don't think he is, he has been at fault for a couple of goals this season. Last week being one and he did the exact same thing yesterday and was lucky to get away with it. He's average, certainly not quality. Makes some outstanding saves now and again but a lot of goals we have conceded this season I think a better positioned keeper would save.

The defence have been quality this season but I am not so sure the keeper has. Don't get me wrong he hasn't been bad, but I would be looking to give the new lad a game now. I think Johnsons words last week about the new keeper were meant as a kick up the arse to rachubca too

Edited by NIKI1234

It's the JPT.

To give another player game time and improve his morale.

If it's to improve his morale, rather than penalise Rabs for poor performance, then that's different.

However, if we're serious about progressing in the JPT then surely you stick with the side that's been playing well?

We played some really nice football yesterday. We passed the ball around with ease and were able to play keep-away at times.

Kelly was superb and ran his taters off for 90 mins. Johnson also impressed, I'd have liked to see a few more shots from him when he got into a good position, but overall the lad is quality.

Jabo was immense. I didn't rate him quite as highly as some did verses Crawley, but yesterday Sheffield Utd just couldn't deal with his strength and his ability to win 99% of balls that are pumped up to him. It was a great relief for the home side when he was sent off, which will be the softest red card any of us will see this season.

The referee wasn't the reason we only drew the game, (Cambell-Ryce totally changed the Sheffield side and gave them an outlet on the left) but I have to say he was shocking. Properly poor. His consistency and his ability to get a control of the game was completely lacking. Dreadful. Hope to god we don't see him officiating again this season. LJ summed it up at full time, shaking all the official's hands then laying into them.

We're remaining under the radar for now, I think just one Utd fan on BBC Radio Sheffield mentioned that we were actually very good, the rest just said that they should be beating "sides like Oldham". :censored: 'em. Kudos to the Latics fan who rang in to put them right.

I think you can only appeal straight reds.

I've been watching the football league highlights and just from watching the league one highlights so far I've seen three players getting their fellow professionals sent off through obvious play acting. Gary Jones sent off for Notts County, Chris Lines for Port Vale and Jabo Ibehre for us. I know people will say you can't raise your hands or put your head towards someone (but not actually headbutt them) or as in Ibehre's case do a little kick which wouldn't hurt my Grandma but I think it's a farce. If you're going to get sent off anyway you might as well get full value and really smack them one. The punishment is the same.

2 in the Championship and James Tomkins in the premiership too.

It's an issue. I guess it's canny, it's trying to gain an advantage and it's sometimes a 'well, they'd do the same if its the other way round' kind of thing; but - its cynical and minging.

Didnt realise you cant appeal a sending off if its 2 yellows? So, you could get 2 nonsense decisions and there's nothing to be done? Meh.

At least he'll be back for 'Dale though after missing Tuesday.

I think you can only appeal straight reds.

I've been watching the football league highlights and just from watching the league one highlights so far I've seen three players getting their fellow professionals sent off through obvious play acting. Gary Jones sent off for Notts County, Chris Lines for Port Vale and Jabo Ibehre for us. I know people will say you can't raise your hands or put your head towards someone (but not actually headbutt them) or as in Ibehre's case do a little kick which wouldn't hurt my Grandma but I think it's a farce. If you're going to get sent off anyway you might as well get full value and really smack them one. The punishment is the same.

Then you would get a straight red, the problem I have is he took no end of roughing up yesterday got zero protection from the ref yet went in the book for two of the most innocuous challenges ive seen. As for their captain he should be ashamed of himself it was a tough encounter very physical but largely fair, proper homer ref who seemed to struggle with consistency in his decisions spoiled it a little but the fact we still come away with a point is very pleasing.

Just seen the Football League Show. At the time, I thought Ibhere had pushed their player for the red, but I can't see anything he's done wrong. Must be so frustrating to have played as well as he did and have to miss the next game because Sheffield United's game plan was to fall over whenever they even saw a blue shirt. And the ref fell for it every time.

Also, what a spot and pass from Johnson for the goal.