Do I think the conviction was safe? No.

Does this matter? No.

Has Ched served his sentence? Yes.

Do I think this matters? Yes.

Was he released early? Yes.

Should he be allowed to work again? Yes.

Should OAFC offer him a job? This is of course the difficult one. Given that I think he shouldn't be hounded out of work in the way he has been I suppose the answer is Yes.

Should OAFC have handled this better? Most certainly. Firstly the Board should have considered all the angles and supported the idea 100%. Secondly the Board should have made sure LJ supported the decision 100%. Thirdly they should have spoken to the club sponsors. Then and only then if everyone was on board, they should have signed him and made the announcement.

What should they do now? Sign him! To give in to the mainly ill informed over reactions that I have read on this thread would be wrong. There are arguments for and arguments against which I respect but mainly there is the sort of mass hysteria which these instant forms of communication promulgate.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this matter? No.

Should OAFC offer him a job? This is of course the difficult one. Given that I think he shouldn't be hounded out of work in the way he has been I suppose the answer is Yes.

Should OAFC have handled this better? Most certainly. Firstly the Board should have considered all the angles and supported the idea 100%. Secondly the Board should have made sure LJ supported the decision 100%. Thirdly they should have spoken to the club sponsors. Then and only then if everyone was on board, they should have signed him and made the announcement.

What should they do now? Sign him! To give in to the mainly ill informed over reactions that I have read on this thread would be wrong. There are arguments for and arguments against which I respect but mainly there is the sort of mass hysteria which these instant forms of communication promulgate.

Absolutely spot on ,

Not signing him now is as bad as signing him in the first place.

What a shambles the club have got themselves into.

I've got to the point where I think we might as well sign him.

Clubs name has been dragged through the :censored: already now.

When you drop something on the ground you can continue to wipe it in :censored: or pick it up, clean it and carry on.

I also dred to think what stick I'm going to get when I go back to work, or those that maybe getting it now.

I've had plenty of grief but I made my views clear when it was discussed in work last year. It's more understandable colleagues not knowing the facts of the case than it is people on here making excuses for Evans that have already been countered time after time.

I am very concerned by the LJ phrase "I will abide by the Board decision" so he is either not involved, or it was his request in the first place.

The only reason Ched Evans was a "good" signing was if he played a blinder and was sold for a profit, as best a risk.

Am I the only one who is beginning to think LJ's position is possibly untenable.

Either he does not have the final say so should resign or he was instrumental in requesting the signing, the Due Dilligence was all bollocks and as Evans won't be match fit till March and he should resign for an appalling football and moral decision.

Please note I am not calling for him to go, we need the statement(s), but something is rotten in the state of Boundary Park.

If the media is correct and the decision to try and sign Ched Evans was down without the backing and support of the Manager then I would completely support LJ walking out and wish him every success in a new job. I hope that he didn't do that, but I am not sure I could stay in a role in similar circumstances.

He seemed to be okay in an interview just played on national radio. He's just back from a training session. It appears that we are finally backing out.

Jesus there are some tarts supporting OAFC,

'oh im frightened what people will say at work'.

Get a fecking grip...

It takes a real man to enjoy being associated with a rapist who even Sheffield :censored:ing United washed their hands of. I'm not exactly sat cowering at my desk but it does concern me that this is what the general public will think about us for a couple of years. Is that okay for you, tough guy?

It takes a real man to enjoy being associated with a rapist who even Sheffield :censored:ing United washed their hands of. I'm not exactly sat cowering at my desk but it does concern me that this is what the general public will think about us for a couple of years. Is that okay for you, tough guy?

lol.

next...

Does this matter? No.

This

Washed there hands of him....

3 year deal offered negotiated whilst in prison, club officials regularly visited him, was going to go back to the club before social media interveened, reportedly paid some of his lawyers bills...

Yep they washed there hands of him....