Barnsley Away - Must Not Lose?

If we lose this one, that will be 5 straight defeats in December, having shipped a shed full of goals to boot.

Not often I advocate playing for a draw but I just feel we cannot afford to lose this one - we have to address the very rapid slide, particularly as we don't have another game then until 10/1/15.

The psychological effect of 5 straight defeats in one month would be very hard to recover from so, for me, batten down the hatches in South Yorkshire and bore everyone to death for all I care - just at least come away with a point (if we snatch it with a breakaway - fantastic).

Thoughts?

If nobody wants to discuss the point you made then ignore them, a messageboard is about interaction

It's fair to say we're stuck in a rut, confidence will be very low and Monday certainly won't be an easy game. This may sound a bit self-defeatist but I'd be bloody delighted with a point to stop the rot. We've seen it a few times over the years when we've gone on a losing run and picked up a point and a few have still not been convinced but then we've grown confidence and gone onto better results. Crewe away last season being a prime example.

Tell them if they win at Barnsley they can have the rest of the week off if they lose have them in all week twice a day, You should see a performance.

I think they get time off already instead of bonuses. Maybe a nice winning bonus carrot might do the trick.

Well we're useless against the bottom 6, who we've picked 3 points in total against from 6 games, and we're useless against the top teams, who we almost never beat, so if we're going to pick up points it'll be against the teams similarly 8-18. We're getting swamped into mid table, and a loss would make Barnsley another team around us. It's verging on mustn't lose for that reason and as much for our own confidence.

We'll draw 1-1.

Shame we didn't catch the Dongs on their off day, like Walsall did today!

Having said that, Tom Bradshaw is the exact sort of striker we could to with. Amazing that Graham Turner seemed so determined not to start him last season at Shrewsbury. You could see he had an eye for the onion bag with the few minutes he had against us in our 2-1 league win there. Brought a long ball down with one touch and then immediately struck a half volley across the keeper - which our keeper saved at full stretch.

Anyway, these mid-table teams are starting to click.

LJ really needs to work some magic in January, and hopefully his coaching can yield some quality out of the likes of Poleon....

Poleon is the major one.

If LJ and his team can do the unimaginable and turn him into a footballer who can actually play football, it'd be like a cracking January signing.

He has the pace, and body strength via the low centre of gravity...if they can teach him to kick a ball properly and actually start to play the game; we'd suddenly have a very useful forward player on our hands...