An epicshambles

OAFC shambles-who to blame  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who is to blame for the shambles we find ourselves in over the signing of Ched Evans

• Simon Corney. He should have the final say cost wise, but should have called it off luch earlier. Is he even in the UK during this disaster?
    • Barry Owen. He has either offered to be involved in negotiations, after his Lee Hughes input, or has been told to be. His first loyalty is a fans rep, not a Director. He should be saying it is harming the fan base.
    • Neil Joy. Commercially it is disaster. He needs to show leadership and say enough is enough.
    • Lee Johnson. "It is up to the Board". Either he requested the signing, and that makes a mockery of his "Due Dilligence quote and disrupting the team, a lie if you will. Or it is being forced onto to him, the spineless chump.
    • All 4 of the Above. They are all up to their sorry necks in it. For a 4th day. And none have had the balls to call it off. No respect for any of them. They should all go.

He says what he has to, he is employed by the club, should every member of staff walk out because a director has pushed this through then ?

Now who is talking :censored:e. I was talking about LJ . No idea what you are going on about every member of staff for. And he is not just an employee, he is the team manager.

It is a given in football that he has the right to choose the team, and the manager has the final say on team recruitment and selection, apart from cost as I made clear.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now who is talking :censored:e. I was talking about LJ . No idea what you are going on about every member of staff for. And he is not just an employee, he is the team manager.

It is a given in football that he has the right to choose the team, and the manager has the final say on team recruitment and selection, apart from cost as I made clear.

Okay thays how it works then, Didnt Corney give Worrall a man of the match award against Bury only for him to arrive on loan ? If you think Corney has no say in transfers then your deluded, LJ like 99% managers has to tow the line, he says what he has to, its how the game works im afraid.

James Cooper, SSN,has spoken to PFA and OAFC.

Oldham & PFA still deep in negotiations. Oldham not as far down the line as the PFA would like them to be. Split at the club. There's a will to get him here to help try and get Oldham into the play-offs.

But there is only 1 person going to allow Ched Evans get the team into the play offs. Lee Johnson.

So, clearly he is a Yes

Simon Corney could pull the plug at any time, final say on costs. Plus he has a long record of backing the managers signings So he is almost certainly a Yes

THis may leave Neil Joy and Barry as the No's.

Edited by singe

Okay thays how it works then, Didnt Corney give Worrall a man of the match award against Bury only for him to arrive on loan ? If you think Corney has no say in transfers then your deluded, LJ like 99% managers has to tow the line, he says what he has to, its how the game works im afraid.

Where did I say that Corney has no say. I said he has the final say. I have no doubt he gets notified of players, and passes them onto the manager. But the manager has the final say whether to actually recruit him wise. Corney giving Worall the Man of the Match to him signing has to be the biggest jump in history.

Of course he has to toe the line from time to time. But you are saying Lee Johnson is being forced to sign Ched Eans against his will, and I am saying Lee Johnson is therefore spineless idiot if this was indeed case.

This is such a massive deal, the world is looking on. Lee Johnson would walk rather than that be forced on him. Any manager would.

If LJ stays and accepts the signing then he will been seen as being in support of it and will have to take what comes with that.

Personally I don't care what LJ thinks about it. His job is to get three points at the weekend and that is where expectations should start and finish. The issue of the club scrapping the barrel and ruin it reputatation is one for the directors and owners to answer for.

Edited by oafc0000

Where did I say that Corney has no say. I said he has the final say. I have no doubt he gets notified of players, and passes them onto the manager. But the manager has the final say whether to actually recruit him wise. Corney giving Worall the Man of the Match to him signing has to be the biggest jump in history.

Of course he has to toe the line from time to time. But you are saying Lee Johnson is being forced to sign Ched Eans against his will, and I am saying Lee Johnson is therefore spineless idiot if this was indeed case.

This is such a massive deal, the world is looking on. Lee Johnson would walk rather than that be forced on him. Any manager would.

Okay sherlock will leave you to it I think youve been playing a bit too much Cluedo over Christmas myself.

I actually couldn't give a :censored:e now if we get 3 points on Saturday or not. This has gone way beyond football, I need to channel everything into making it as difficult as possible to let the board get off lightly. They have ruined my passion for my football club, f*** the lot of them and f*** Ched Evans too.

If Johnson truly doesn't want to sign him he could and should offer his resignation.

He's built up enough of a reputation and doing so would further add to that.

He'd be in another, probably better, job by the end of the season.

I love the bloke but I don't buy that he's against the signing.

Without Liverpool away it will ultimately come to his, Blitz or Gazal's pockets - won't it?

I might have missed something but the Blitz and Gazal gravy train ended years ago and its widely believe Corney doesn't have the sort of money the other two had to be bank rolling us.

Happy to be corrected.

I blame the media sh*itstorm which has engulfed the club, the fans, directors and sponsors. Yes, the board have shown themselves to be incompetent and weak in terms of handling the PR, and in their decision making, but it is the media which has had the biggest impact on this sorry affair.

I blame the media sh*itstorm which has engulfed the club, the fans, directors and sponsors. Yes, the board have shown themselves to be incompetent and weak in terms of handling the PR, and in their decision making, but it is the media which has had the biggest impact on this sorry affair.

You really didn't expect anything else from the media did you?

IF we sign him and LJ resigns will the same people be baying for the new managers head when he is appointed then ? I dont get where we are going with some off these threads its like the witch hunt and kangaroo court all rolled into one, nobody knows so stop speculating and see what happens, this whole sorry saga should have its own prediction league with the amount of theories flying around.

I don't want ched evans because

1 he is a convicted rapist

2 we as a club don't need all the bad publicity and negativity that comes with him

3 don't care what he might do as a footballer there are plenty of alternatives starting with the players already at the club

who is to blame for this , I suspect barry owen with his personal agenda of all criminals can be re- habilitated .

they are criminals . this one has served half his sentence . had one appeal turned down .

why look for all this grief ? let him go elsewhere . not our problem to re-habilitate criminals .

that's just my opinion but I bloody love this club and this is a horrible mess

Lee Johnson could yet resign. He said he would go along with the board's decision - but what's to stop him doing a u-turn? Nothing.

I wouldn't blame him if he stayed despite being against the signing (presuming he is) as he may love his job.

However I believe he is too smart to want Ched - so I reckon he's being shafted.

Like just about everything else this is just based on what I reckon.

I don't want ched evans because

1 he is a convicted rapist

2 we as a club don't need all the bad publicity and negativity that comes with him

3 don't care what he might do as a footballer there are plenty of alternatives starting with the players already at the club

who is to blame for this , I suspect barry owen with his personal agenda of some criminals can be re- habilitated .

they are criminals . this one has served half his sentence . had one appeal turned down .

why look for all this grief ? let him go elsewhere . not our problem to re-habilitate criminals .

that's just my opinion but I bloody love this club and this is a horrible mess

The situation with the fraud at the Trust, Montano, and his previous job as head of the riot squad for GMP (especially during the Strangeways Riots) suggest that Barry isn't interested in rehabilitating ALL criminals just the ones who once kicked a football for a living and had been convicted of a crime. Edited by rudemedic

The situation with the fraud at the Trust, Montano, and his previous job as head of the riot squad for GMP (especially during the Strangeways Riots) suggest that Barry isn't interested in rehabilitating ALL criminals just the ones who once kicked a football for a living and had been convicted of a crime.

Yeah, never let his job of rehousing rioting prisoners get in the way.

He should have turned up at strangeways and said 'release them all!'

Edited by blueatheart

We have a new director, isn't he chipping in, or what's the point of him being here?

I don't agree at all. We should not have been in negotiations in the first place. Simple as that. It then should not have got this far, once it broke, pull out. Even then we should not be in a 4th day of public negotiations. And statements about non statements. And the reason, in my view All the Inept 4 above, who all now entangled.