Feel sorry for the rest of the team!

From Jenny's status on FB last night she's been subjected to abuse and threats - despicable and those involved should take a long hard look at themselves - this is destroying the club

That's a police matter and the culprits can be traced.

From Jenny's status on FB last night she's been subjected to abuse and threats - despicable and those involved should take a long hard look at themselves - this is destroying the club

Same people shouting from the moral high ground no doubt, read her status myself the poor woman is just going to work and shouldnt be subjected to the abuse she has received, those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

This squad has done us proud (until December anyway :wink:)

It's such a shame that the upper echelons have decided to :censored: on everyone's parade. There's players in that team for whom this season could have been the best and most enjoyable of the career. Even in the unlikely event of any on pitch success, what a :censored:ing shadow this is going to have.

OMG.....the baggage on this player is not worth it, the heat we are getting and if this right OAFC staff now abused. The club has to act.

My place of work is not good at the mo....and I have joked today that it could be worse, at least I don't work at latics.

Makes you wonder how all the staff are coping with it all

The club have a duty to protect her from abuse as her employer.

Here's an idea, why don't we just not sign the rapist and save the club a fortune in legal fees and payouts.

Hounding club staff who had no say in the decision is utterly despicable.

On a vaguely related note, there was a BBC article today talking about the steps the club would have to take to consult with/address the concerns of female employees who might work with Evans, especially any physios, doctors, advisors, admin staff, etc.

On a vaguely related note, there was a BBC article today talking about the steps the club would have to take to consult with/address the concerns of female employees who might work with Evans, especially any physios, doctors, advisors, admin staff, etc.

One of our former players lost his starting place over an altercation with a female physio according to a very reliable source.

Players wives and girlfriends might feel uncomfortable too.

Players wives and girlfriends might feel uncomfortable too.

:censored:ing hell. Seriously?

The whole problem with Ched is that he is famous.

The fact that the WAGs shih tzu is groomed by an anonymous rapist or that their friendly Tesco checkout guy or their local chippy bloke is a rapist doesn't matter. But a rapist who has served his time and is also in a very public place, christ run to the hills.

:censored:ing hell. Seriously?

The whole problem with Ched is that he is famous.

The fact that the WAGs shih tzu is groomed by an anonymous rapist or that their friendly Tesco checkout guy or their local chippy bloke is a rapist doesn't matter. But a rapist who has served his time and is also in a very public place, christ run to the hills.

Your reply is disgusting.

Your reply is disgusting.

I don't get worried that the bloke next to me in tesco has been done for unprovoked GBH.

I don't get worried that the lass in the car five back in the queue for the lights has been banned for causing death by dangerous driving five years ago.

I also don't get worried that my window cleaner could have committed manslaughter twenty years ago.

I don't get worried my plumber could be a rapist out on licence.

If Evans was anything but a footballer, they wouldn't give a :censored: because they wouldn't know. The justice system would have done its job and the hypothetical criminal would have served his time and be abiding by the terms of his release licence becuase that is what the state has said is right in that case.

Guess what, the state has said its right. It could even be argued that Evans is actually being discriminated against becuase other rapists don't get this publicity cover when they try to secure employment.

If you don't like the terms of his release or sentence write to your local MP or stand as a single issue candidate in the general election.

I don't get worried that the bloke next to me in tesco has been done for unprovoked GBH.

I don't get worried that the lass in the car five back in the queue for the lights has been banned for causing death by dangerous driving five years ago.

I also don't get worried that my window cleaner could have committed manslaughter twenty years ago.

I don't get worried my plumber could be a rapist out on licence.

If Evans was anything but a footballer, they wouldn't give a :censored: because they wouldn't know. The justice system would have done its job and the hypothetical criminal would have served his time and be abiding by the terms of his release licence becuase that is what the state has said is right in that case.

Guess what, the state has said its right. It could even be argued that Evans is actually being discriminated against becuase other rapists don't get this publicity cover when they try to secure employment.

If you don't like the terms of his release or sentence write to your local MP or stand as a single issue candidate in the general election.

Slightly OTT but I think you are basically right.

This is why i can't find it in myself to say he shouldn't return to football....he's a footballer and is just trying to return to his work after serving the sentence that a judge deemed appropriate for the crime he committed.

The role model thing for me doesn't wash, I honestly think people just don't like the idea of him earning big money and appearing to return to a privileged lifestyle as though nothing has happened but the reality is that he has served his punishment and I don't understand how we can have a society where we refuse to give people a second chance.

It is hard to see how this can be anything other than disruptive to the current team ethic and bonding.

Its normally bad enough I'd imagine when more competition for your starting place appears on the doorstep, but one that will obviously draw conversations constantly (as it does on here) will create arguments and disagreements in all likelihood.

The only potential positive is that the team and LJ develop a siege mentality / everyone is against us approach - other teams have used this very successfully in the past.

I honestly think people just don't like the idea of him earning big money and appearing to return to a privileged lifestyle as though nothing has happened but the reality is that he has served his punishment and I don't understand how we can have a society where we refuse to give people a second chance.

Well bankers well and truly shafted the rest of us , they have returned to their normal lifestyle without a sh*t for anybody else and none of them have been punished !!!!