Lee Johnson's Role In The Ched Evans Signing

Barry is quoted as saying "it is being driven by the PFA" so clearly they have aproached the Board and/or Lee Johnson.

I have been concerend that the answer by Lee Johnson "I understand these are very difficult circumstances. I respect that for everyone. It's a board decision... Whatever the board decides I will be a part of," is PR spin.

I have asked around and Dan Roan, BBC Sports Editor has confirmed:

Dan Roan @danroan 28m28 minutes ago

@kent_latic am told by director he has concerns but being done with his blessing

To use the vernacular; Clear and Undisputed facts:

• Lee Johnson is not having Ched Evans forced ointo him. This is an important point.
  • Simon Corney is not signing Ched Evans above Lee Johnsons head. Another important point.
  • Simon corney is, as I feel he has done in the past, backing his managers decsion which player to sign. But, I do not hold him in higher regard for doing so. Quite the opposite.

I reiterate past points. None of the 4 have covered themselves in glory.

Barry Owen should not be part of the unanimous vote in favour and has no mandate to do so.

Simon Corney should have stopped this getting any further.

Lee Johnson has now porved that the Due Diligence and not signing any player that will disrupt the team was PR spin, and not an conviction of his.

MODS. I feel thisd is a seperate line in the issue, but will clearly abide if you decide it should be merged into the main thread.

MODS. I feel thisd is a seperate line in the issue, but will clearly abide if you decide it should be merged into the main thread.

I am in agreement that this is a distinct conversation in principal and thus happy for it to be a stand-alone thread. I would ask that people stay on topic and avoid this becoming a thread focused on Ched Evans alone - if that does happen I'll just lock it.

I think its good you have started a thread out all for yourself Singe it makes it clear what your motives are, its obvious you have a personal vendetta about the manager and without even knowing the facts of the case you want to set out to assassinate his character, its simply not fair of you to continuously single one man out who has no way of defending himself against the tripe your typing, can I ask what your motives are in all this and will you carry on the same campaign against any other manager who may be asked to work with the player.

Remember though that this is the same Dan Roan who excitedly retweeted the providers of the 2nd prize in our halftime draw - a chicken voucher - announcing that they were withdrawing their "sponsorship"................

Did he :censored:. If he had commented fair enough your comment would stand. He did nothing of the sort He simply RT'd it.

Or are you aying RT means you "excitedly" approve of it?

I think its good you have started a thread out all for yourself Singe it makes it clear what your motives are, its obvious you have a personal vendetta about the manager and without even knowing the facts of the case you want to set out to assassinate his character, its simply not fair of you to continuously single one man out who has no way of defending himself against the tripe your typing, can I ask what your motives are in all this and will you carry on the same campaign against any other manager who may be asked to work with the player.

Personal vendetta? FFS grow up.

As you can see by my asking Roan, amongst others, I have actaully set out to find the truth. I am very concerned about his role, and the fact most are accepting he had him foisted upon. That falsehood has been nailed.

I have not singled him out, at all, I have called them all the Inept 4 for starters. You need to read my posts, not what you want to interpret.

So far, Johnson has escaped attention through PR spin.

I cannot help it if I am no longer (and I was until very recently) able to see no wrong in Lee Johnson.

Make no mistake, everyones actions in this sorry mess should be looked at.

Did you read my last paragrpah at all?

Here it is as posted initially:

I reiterate past points. None of the 4 have covered themselves in glory.

Barry Owen should not be part of the unanimous vote in favour and has no mandate to do so.

Simon Corney should have stopped this getting any further.

Lee Johnson has now porved that the Due Diligence and not signing any player that will disrupt the team was PR spin, and not an conviction of his.

Edited by singe

Think Singe has been one of the biggest fans to be fair.

Thank you Deyres. It is true. I really thought he was the new Joe Royle. I am gutted and hugely disapoointed.he has been proven not fit to be mentioned in the same sentence.

Thank you Deyres. It is true. I really thought he was the new Joe Royle. I am gutted and hugely disapoointed.he has been proven not fit to be mentioned in the same sentence.

To be fair Big Joe took a few seasons to prove himself, I don't always agree with LJs tactics, but he's doing the best he can under the circumstances with the budget he has.

To be fair Big Joe took a few seasons to prove himself, I don't always agree with LJs tactics, but he's doing the best he can under the circumstances with the budget he has.

That is possibly the best example of completely missing the point that I have ever seen

Disappointing that the weekly interview with LJ was conducted as if it had been a normal week at the club.I know

they wouldn't want to add further fire to the coals,but come on treat us like adults,we are fans who actually pay

for the service. To not actually mention it is another symptom of the gulf that is developing between the club and fans.

Disappointing that the weekly interview with LJ was conducted as if it had been a normal week at the club.I know

they wouldn't want to add further fire to the coals,but come on treat us like adults,we are fans who actually pay

for the service. To not actually mention it is another symptom of the gulf that is developing between the club and fans.

He either truly didn't want to sign him, or more likely, he was purposely distanced from it from the outset - probably the only thing the club got right all week.

In light of that I can understand him and/or the club wanting his usual Thursday interview to mark the start of a return to normality.

I don't think we'll find out his true involvement, or lack of, until he's as bald as his dad.

Think it was probably more a case of a conversation along the lines of -

LJ to SC - "Are we going to sign a striker in Jan window"

SC - "yes - Evans is available on a free"

LJ -" ok will leave that one to you to sort out"

Edited by losesome

• Lee Johnson is not having Ched Evans forced ointo him. This is an important point.
  • Simon Corney is not signing Ched Evans above Lee Johnsons head. Another important point.
  • Simon corney is, as I feel he has done in the past, backing his managers decsion which player to sign. But, I do not hold him in higher regard for doing so. Quite the opposite.

I am not sure the last one of your points rings true from Dan Roans response, the quote you posted says LJ has concerns but being done with his blessing.

That is not the same as Simon Corney is backing his managers decision; it reads to me that it wasnt the managers request but he has been consulted on the move and given his opinion. IN which he has concerns about it but not enough to be vocal enough to tell the directors to stop doing what they are doing.

If he did the latter then that would be conversation between the directors and LJ which if either party felt strong enoguh could have led to Lee Johnson leaving his job. Now would LJ want force that situation and be out of a job with a family to support ? Would any of us who disagree with our employers actions be so principled that we force a situation that could result in being out of work?

I am not sure the last one of your points rings true from Dan Roans response, the quote you posted says LJ has concerns but being done with his blessing.

That is not the same as Simon Corney is backing his managers decision; it reads to me that it wasnt the managers request but he has been consulted on the move and given his opinion. IN which he has concerns about it but not enough to be vocal enough to tell the directors to stop doing what they are doing.

If he did the latter then that would be conversation between the directors and LJ which if either party felt strong enoguh could have led to Lee Johnson leaving his job. Now would LJ want force that situation and be out of a job with a family to support ? Would any of us who disagree with our employers actions be so principled that we force a situation that could result in being out of work?

I take your points Ricardo. I think they would Ricardo. He is not on the breadline, and he made a lot of money from his house sale, that he invited the magazine too.

There are plenty of examples of managers quitting becasue of Board interference.

And he would have been right to do so, no manager should have a player enforced onto him. Johnson was never going to have the player in the squad but not play him.

I actually doubt Simon Corney does interfere.

Johnson was an integral part. As Johnnny Pimp msays he got cold feet in Dec, so it did not happen.

It wil take me some time to regain my confidence in Johnson, I was a huge admirer,

Howevr, it is nice to get back to footballing matters. And his rallying call is the right one.

Edited by singe