Oldham 2 Doncaster 2

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True but it was probably the most blatant red card that you will see all season. I blame Mills for that and the referee for everything else

Oh don't get me wrong I said the moment he did it that's a red card, but the ref plays on, which couldn't have been an advantage as we were the ones with the advantage. Their player hacks him down, a yellow card at least (considering that player later gets booked) and at least one of their players kicks Mills when he is on the floor. Not to mention that Tyson also tried to hack him down but couldn't do it, Tyson was also booked late on.

That game shouldn't have ended with 21 players on the pitch, it should have been more like 18, the missing 3 all from Doncaster.

Odd atmosphere to start with, Donny dominated early and it took us a while to get going but around the 10 minute mark we remembered what we were supposed to be doing and started to play football. Ball up field looked to be going out for a throw, I nearly shouted to Forte to let it go but he kept it in, found Jabo in space, looked like he had taken too long to get it out of his feet but he curled it out of the reach of the keeper and into the back of the net.

Suddenly everything that has happened this week melted away and the hardy souls who have been enjoying a frozen afternoon at Ice Station Zebra celebrated a goal as if it meant something. Which it did. We saw the rest of the half out as Donny played like a Dickov side who had gone behind after Plan A had failed.

Second half was much like the first, we got the second, it was at the other end so I don't know if it actually went in, Big George then revealed t-shirt with a message about the incidents in France this week, somethings are more important than football.

Then the game changed, Mills, who had been hacked once already looked to take all the frustration of the recent hackings he has had and went in two footed off the ground in a non threatening area of the pitch. It was a straight red all day but I was surprised to not see any of their players go in the book for retaliation. Kusunga was sent off for similar actions at Gillingham.

Then, a ball into our box, Chubs looked to be definitely fouled, we both had a player on the ground and as the ball was rolling towards the net it was like the end of Rocky as the one that got up first would be the one to get to the ball first. The ref seemed to indicate that he was going to give the foul, our lad stopped and they knocked the ball in, goal given. It was bizarre.

5 minutes on the board and Latics dropped deeper and deeper, we've been here before but this team should keep them out. Ball over to the left hand side of the box again, Coppinger waltzed past several of our players who seemed paralysed, curled it into the bottom right hand corner of the goal and I was down the steps toward the car park.

Feels like a loss when we needed a win. Sorry for the long post but I had to type it out to make sense of what happened at the end of that second half. Poor, poor reffing but also poor defensively from a team that should have been well rested. The last week will have had an effect but for 70 minutes that game was ours. I half don't blame Mills for flying in like that, he has taken far too many of those himself in recent games but that tackle changed the game. Still, we didn't lose but it would have been nice to get the win.

Jabo Ibehre, take a bow.

Carl Boyeson, :censored: off you prick.

Have we found a striker, or possible striking partnership? Or does he only put the performance in if he needs a contract?

Yep I'll take it

Edited by underdog

Was it the linesman who gave our 2nd goal as the ref didn't see it? Mmmmm!!! This ref is always shocking, is he the one who told the ball boys off earlier in season? K---head

Lino gave the goal.

The body language of their players suggested goal. I was 120 yards away though.

Was it the linesman who gave our 2nd goal as the ref didn't see it? Mmmmm!!! This ref is always shocking, is he the one who told the ball boys off earlier in season? K---head

Yeah, but thats cos it was a debate as to if it went over the line. In fairness, that should be the linos job.

Feels like we lost.Gutted after playing well up to the sending off .Thought Chubbs could have done better and nearly gifted them one in the first half. and same with Mellor for their second which I had a feeling they were going to get.

Pity we did not get that third when we were in control and came back to bite us in the arse.

Not just Mellor, George hardly helped matters by racing out towards the touchline for a ball he was never going to get and was then stranded out of position.

Despite all the decisions, Coppinger really should been kicked in to the stand in the final minute.

Yep.

Harsh criticising the team for not being able to defend a two goal lead. The ref does the right thing for their first goal and I doubt it would have been an issue, as Donny looked a typically impotent Dickov side for the most part.

Thought the whole team put a shift in today, but Jabo was superb. Enjoy watching Winchester play, but he should have scored at 2-0 which would have finished the game off.

Yep.

Harsh criticising the team for not being able to defend a two goal lead. The ref does the right thing for their first goal and I doubt it would have been an issue, as Donny looked a typically impotent Dickov side for the most part.

Thought the whole team put a shift in today, but Jabo was superb. Enjoy watching Winchester play, but he should have scored at 2-0 which would have finished the game off.

Yes that sounded the way i heard it- it seemed Winch had plenty of time to make it 3-0- It sounded like there were lots of positive things from the players - Kelly sounded immense as always and it was good to hear Forte making a good contribution.\

I am amazed at the negative energy of a few posters who just will not give up! What is past is history and we build on positive and try and learn from mistakes and on to the next game.

Ref didn't make any big decision all game. Linesman gave Elokobi's goal, linesman gave the red, and the ref obviously didn't want to give a foul for their first.

God knows where the 5 added minutes came from too, and they scored in the 5th. Agree that LJ should have made a sub though, Dieng for Philliskirk would have seen us with 3 points.

First rate performance from the Latics for 70 minutes, then the referee took centre stage.

He did. But you can't control the ref. You can control your own actions.

Mills was an idiot.

Rachubka made a wishy washy jump for a ball that was his to take.

Bringing Mellor on was probably option three behind Dieng or a match fit Brown.

Failing to waste time with a third sub in injury time.

All things we got wrong.

Edited by opinions4u

Mills was an idiot.

All things we got wrong.

Exactly.

Mills was an idiot.

All things we got wrong.

If Elokobi had gone to left back there's no way Coppinger would have walzed past him.