Elokobi

Brown

Kelly

Jones

Winchester

Mellis

Wilkinson

Poleon (assuming Forte is goosed)

Possibly Mills back in for Brown but Brown was the least :censored: of the two last night

I'd give Mellis a go even if Philliskirk is fit but I suspect LJ might leave Philliskirk in

Hopefully Murphy will be on the bench

Surely Lockwood is ready now? Maybe he'll get a run out giving Elokobi some extra time to practice tying shoelaces.

Would/should Morgan Smith start if he's fit? We won two of his last 3 starts and he scored last time.......

Mills in. He's better than Brown, even if Brown has had a couple of decent games (he didn't last night)

I'd take B Wilson out, he's not been good enough recently. Think Kusunga has been scapegoated for an awful team performance and tactical decision by LJ at Yeovil.

Dunno if Mellis is game fit yet, had some nice touches yesterday, but also gave it away it a suicidal position in our half.

IF they're all fit:

Kean

Mills

Wilson

Elokobi

Brown

Kelly

Jones

Winchester

Forte

Wilkinson

Poleon

Get Forte back on the wing where he seems to be more effective. Mills has to play for me as he's our best full back. Quite attacking but sounds like last night was poor going forward so let's get at them and put them on the back foot early doors.

LJ has been saying that Mellis isn't fit yet and maybe up to 45mins. now, so Philly will start if fit. B. Wilson has been poor for a while now and needs dropping to the bench and being replaced by Brown. Wilkinson will probably start in place of Poleon. The remainder will be as before. The bench would probably be Coeman, Poleon, Murphy (if fit), Kasunga, Wilson, Mellis and Lockwood

LJ has been saying that Mellis isn't fit yet and maybe up to 45mins. now, so Philly will start if fit. B. Wilson has been poor for a while now and needs dropping to the bench and being replaced by Brown. Wilkinson will probably start in place of Poleon. The remainder will be as before. The bench would probably be Coeman, Poleon, Murphy (if fit), Kasunga, Wilson, Mellis and Lockwood

Whilst I think Conor has improved and played well against Fleetwood and Notts County, he still doesn't look as comfortable in possession as I would like and still get the feeling that his first touch could improve and he seems to pass quickly to another player rather than seek out a better ball.

Think that in terms of with the ball at his feet, Mills / B Wilson might still just have the edge IMO - but I think he has the potential to replace B Wilson if he continues to develop.

Edited by Scapegoat

Whilst I think Conor has improved and played well against Fleetwood and Notts County, he still doesn't look as comfortable in possession as I would like and still get the feeling that his first touch could improve and he seems to pass quickly to another player rather than seek out a better ball.

Think that in terms of with the ball at his feet, Mills / B Wilson might still just have the edge IMO - but I think he has the potential to replace B Wilson if he continues to develop.

If all three played to the best of their ability he's our third best fullback but, there's a lot of value in having a young, cheap, competent player able to cover either position.

Correct and his attitude should be commended after being shipped out on loan he has come back into the fold and tried to stake his claim...fair play to him and shows good character...something I would have probably doubted before hand

If all three played to the best of their ability he's our third best fullback but, there's a lot of value in having a young, cheap, competent player able to cover either position.

Good points.

Any team needs to have some depth to cope with injuries, suspensions etc but with a budget like ours it means that you probably have to accept that some of the back-up players are going to offer a little less in terms of quality.

Not sure how an individual player feels about being 'that' player, in terms of motivation and passion and desire. I suppose what you are looking for in that case is exaclty what Conor is - young, looking to improve but probably willing to except for a while that he is not first choice, and able to play in lots of positions.

That being the case, he shouldn't be lambasted for not being good enough when he is called upon. That said, he has done a more than OK job over the last few weeks.

(diamond formation)

Kean

B.wilson

J.wilson

Elokobi

Mills

Kelly

Winchester

Jones

Philli ( mellis is if mvoto has crocked him )

Wilkinson

Forte

I think if philli/mellis in the number ten role isn't bearing fruit or we are being snuffed out (like Barnsley) and too narrow we sacrifice that 'number 10' . Bring poleon on wide right (Like Preston at home JPT) move forte wide left and have wilkinson as the out and out striker . The key to that would be Jones / winch getting in and around wilkinson as well as forte / poleon .

A few comments I'm going to chuck in:

1) Wilson and Elokobi are not forming a comfortable partnership.

2) Wilson and Winchester have become too predictable.

3) What is Winchester's best position? Over the last few weeks I've seen and heard of RM, CM, DM and head of diamond!!

4) Forte should not play up front EVER.

A few comments I'm going to chuck in:

1) Wilson and Elokobi are not forming a comfortable partnership.

2) Wilson and Winchester have become too predictable.

3) What is Winchester's best position? Over the last few weeks I've seen and heard of RM, CM, DM and head of diamond!!

4) Forte should not play up front EVER.

[/quote

Winchester's best position is centre midfield as part of a midfield 3. He practically plays there anyway when playing on the right because he tucks in so much.

Edited by welshgaz

I'm in the strange place of being happy with the squad, yet it seems as though barely any of the team warranted a place on Tuesday. So I'm unsure what the best team is for Saturday, will be interesting to see what LJ goes with in a game against a lowly team in good form.

I'd probably go for:

Kean

B. Wilson/Kusunga/Brown (not fussed)

J. Wilson

Elokobi

Mills

Kelly

Winchester

Jones

Mellis

Poleon

Forte

Although I'd be tempted to play that team in a 4-1-4-1, with Winchester right, Forte left, Mellis in the centre of midfield and Poleon up front on his own. Not sure if we are going to take the game to them or keep things tight.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh