So many on here have been saying he is past it and or not good enough considering who else we have....

He is the most underrated player in our squad. He is a total rock, 9 months out and returns with a clean sheet, on the back of what he did last season this lad should be the 1st name on the team sheet.

All the other centre halves make mistakes, show a lack of experience in their decision making, locky does not.

Really pleased for him

But I don't understand - only days ago, Dean Holden said that if he (Lockwood) played a full game against Preston, it could kill his career. 3 days later and a full 90 minutes later, he's the man responsible for great clean sheet - who or what do we believe ?

Edited by z3spacial

i thought he was his usual solid rather than spectacular last night....decent game. He will definately help wilson if they play a few together. I do worry he'll be target by any team with pace though...even last night i was nervy when they dropped the ball behind.

Kind of character we need though. Have to think of games like doncaster....if hes on the pitch in the 94th minute, they probably dont score because hed have everyone doing their job.

He a player who likes defending which is exactly what we need. We have Mills, Brown, Kusunga, J. Wilson at the back who all have decent speed we can afford to have someone who isn't the most mobile if he can gets us organised and do the ugly stuff. We don't need ball playing centre half's but Wilson and Lockwood if he can keep fit look a decent partnership on a paper and after last night probably on the pitch to.

Great clean sheet and fantastic to have Lockwood back to help organise but at risk of ruining the love in....

The short highlights on YouTube - both of Vales chances could have been dealt with better.

First one Lockwood seems to get caught under the ball. A better finishes and its a goal.

Second Lockwood is clearly outjumped. Cleared off the line.

I'm not saying he didn't play well and I'm not saying he didn't make a big difference but James Wilson was being told to :censored: off to Barnsley for the same things, granted over an extended period.

Glad to have another option though and he helps his own team mates and makes us more solid as a unit, all the better.

Edited by palmer1

Great clean sheet and fantastic to have Lockwood back to help organise but at risk of ruining the love in....

The short highlights on YouTube - both of Vales chances could have been dealt with better.

First one Lockwood seems to get caught under the ball. A better finishes and its a goal.

I'm not saying he didn't play well and I'm not saying he didn't make a big difference but James Wilson was being told to :censored: off to Barnsley for the same things, granted over an extended period.

Glad to have another option though and he helps his own team mates and makes us more solid as a unit, all the better.

Not bad for his first full game in 9 months though...

Lockwood organizes and takes control , something we have sadly lacked this season .

Whilst we may have lost games like Yeovil and MKmongs with him in the side i doubt very much we would have conceded 11 goals in those games.

1st name on the team sheet every week for me.

Lockwood organizes and takes control , something we have sadly lacked this season .

Whilst we may have lost games like Yeovil and MKmongs with him in the side i doubt very much we would have conceded 11 goals in those games.

We have missed a strong leader like Lockwood. A good influence on and off the field.

Edited by BP1960

Really? When we have Sir Liam Kelly?

My gut reaction to the second chance was that their lad was climbing all over Lockwood. Having seen it s couple more times I'm even more convinced.