Holden Appointed ..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get the 3 points tonight he'll have a 40% win ratio....

That my friend is a big IF

Also, the fact that non of the non-wins have generated any points is harmful. A record of P4 W1 D2 L1 is far more respectable....being hard to beat is a good trait to have.

There is a high probability we will go down this year. Dowie would defo. not come to a league 2 club and we would definitely not be able to afford his wages. So that's why we are where we are. Stay up and Dowie comes, get relegated and God knows who we'll get.

We are currently on 46 points with 11 to play. On average we need 4 more points to be safe from relegation. Extremely low probability I'd say

I am in with the school of thought that this is all about appointing the man we really want in the summer to generate interest for season ticket sales and to coincide with the opening of the new stand also. BUT, why not announce Dean Holden until the end of the season but in the summer <insert name here> will be joining us to take over permanently when he's free. That may stop us being pissed off and put up with the upcoming crap matches as the season fizzles out again.

More likely to sell more STs if we finished the season strongly in the top ten than a new manager. Fans have seen enough managers come and go. Nobody is arsed anymore. All anybody cares about is success, and finishing 15th will erode the fan base even further.

Also, if it is a big name the players might want to play for him and pull their tripe out in the meantime to have the best chance of doing so....

Announcing it might alert other clubs though and a binding contract might not be doable at this stage.......?

Maybe the players have been told/will be told as soon as its tied up?

Annoucning anything before contracts are signed would be madenss

I would expect that if Holden is in so we can secure a big name in the summer there'll be a '"club sources" leak to Mike Keegan very soon.

If there's no leak, there's nobody lined up.

We did set our stall out pretty high with Scholes and Dowie being touted.

What convinces people we have someone lined up for the summer other than the fact that Holden has signed until the end of the season?

Only if we really knew who we wanted I think Corney would have gone and got him now their is no real need to wait until then.

Based on nothing other than a wild assumption is Corney off in the summer? get the stand done leave the door open for a new owner to bring in a new manager which is what most want to do anyway then scarper.

If we get the 3 points tonight he'll have a 40% win ratio....

What do you mean IF? Come on everybody get behind the team and the current manager and let us see the season out.

By the way I dont get these comments that we must have somebody that we will all want arranged for the summer! We do have history for cocking up!

Also, if it is a big name the players might want to play for him and pull their tripe out in the meantime to have the best chance of doing so....

Announcing it might alert other clubs though and a binding contract might not be doable at this stage.......?

I was also thinking along these lines......IF...A big name manager is lined up, then this would be a big motivator for the current squad to prove themselves.

I'm sure the new manager IF one as already been tied up will be watching and the players will have been told.

IF we can keep hold of the 5 or 6 quality players we have in the squad and add a few to them in the summer.....The impetus a new manager and the new stand will bring then maybe just maybe next year will be our year (I know ...............I've been a Latics faithful for too long to give up hope now)

#oneofthe3000hardcorewhowillrenewtheirseasonticketregardless

Edited by Keepingthe Faith

What convinces people we have someone lined up for the summer other than the fact that Holden has signed until the end of the season?

Only if we really knew who we wanted I think Corney would have gone and got him now their is no real need to wait until then.

Based on nothing other than a wild assumption is Corney off in the summer? get the stand done leave the door open for a new owner to bring in a new manager which is what most want to do anyway then scarper.

I wonder there a potential managers out there rich enough to buy the club and run it their way. There most me some multi millionaire ex players out there nowadays with the ego to give it a go.

1 + 1 = 275

The fact Holden is caretake till the summer is more to do with who is available at this stage of the season, and the disruption of another manager. And we cannot afford eye watering fees like Sunderland have offered Advocaat.

They've got 120 applications, they are whittiling them down to 20 or so, and are phoning round.

It will take a while.

It's just buying time.

And the sensible thing to do, too important an appointnment to rush.

Edited by singe

I wonder there a potential managers out there rich enough to buy the club and run it their way. There most me some multi millionaire ex players out there nowadays with the ego to give it a go.

I wonder how much somebody like Peter Crouch (a name that has been mentioned) is worth? And I wonder what SC would be looking for to sell the club and how much the current losses are?

I think that anything other than a handful of really top players (Rooney etc) have enough money that they could afford to burn a good chunk on a football club. Someone like Crouch might have a few million, but no long term income tied up and as they say "the best way to make a small fortune out of football is start with a large one".

I cannot imagine any player being desperate enough to buy a club to get into management. Hardly sets them in a good position with the players - I've only got the job because I appointed myself!

What if we beat MK and Crewe - would you come back for Rochdale?

:censored: knows. I'll be there tonight, but I'm not spending any money!!! Well I might have two pints. Maybe a Cottage Pie if we've got any.

But other than that he can :censored: right off!!!!

And what happens when eventually the team does :censored:? Is he going to sack himself?

I wonder how much somebody like Peter Crouch (a name that has been mentioned) is worth? And I wonder what SC would be looking for to sell the club and how much the current losses are?

I think that anything other than a handful of really top players (Rooney etc) have enough money that they could afford to burn a good chunk on a football club. Someone like Crouch might have a few million, but no long term income tied up and as they say "the best way to make a small fortune out of football is start with a large one".

I cannot imagine any player being desperate enough to buy a club to get into management. Hardly sets them in a good position with the players - I've only got the job because I appointed myself!

His wife has a bit of money as well, she can be our Delia Smith.

Players aren't bothered who runs a club as long as they are paid.

And what happens when eventually the team does :censored:? Is he going to sack himself?

Dave Pace never has at Droylsden.

Anyway we know a bit of money usually means success in this division.

Edited by BP1960