38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Glorious Labour Party
    • Evil Tory Scum
    • Evil Liberal Democrats
    • Racist UKIP
    • Hippy Green
    • Racist BNP
    • Other (eg SNP if you're fond of deep fried food)
    • None of the above

I agree - but not until we have some form of proportional representation. The current situation is stark: if enough people splinter the left of centre vote, the Tories win. The SNP, the Greens, the Liberals and Plaid can get as many votes as they like, but they'll have :censored: all influence on a Tory Government.

Again in your current paradigm. My dad might vote Green. That's a Tory loss. He was never voting Labour

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again in your current paradigm. My dad might vote Green. That's a Tory loss. He was never voting Labour

The Tories are far too right wing for your dad these days. He's voting Green because he likes that Caroline Lucas one. In that sense, he's probably in a voting group of one. (He's in a more sizeable group when he says he can't stand any of them.)

The Tories are far too right wing for your dad these days. He's voting Green because he likes that Caroline Lucas one. In that sense, he's probably in a voting group of one. (He's in a more sizeable group when he says he can't stand any of them.)

He's terrified the Tories will leave the EU by accident. If only.

Here it is from the horses mouth (if I can put it like that)...from Lucas's book:

She reckons the Green Party is a party "that would seek power but never sacrifice morality; that would enter Parliament but never become part of it..."

Lucas is saying she won't compromise morally or otherwise in the interests of pragmatism. That's just silly. Politics is a grubby and sometimes nasty business. She's either too naive and pious to succeed in it, or she's just a bull:censored:ter. Bull:censored:ter is my guess.

I'm not forgetting that the Green conversion to lefty politics is only about 20 years old, if that. Their origins are in Tory Malthus revivalists of the mid-70s.

Lucas is saying she won't compromise morally or otherwise in the interests of pragmatism

She wants to speak to Natalie Bennett's partner about morality. His views on rape and coercive sexual relationships with children are a little outside the bounds of normality.

I'm not forgetting that the Green conversion to lefty politics is only about 20 years old, if that. Their origins are in Tory Malthus revivalists of the mid-70s.

Hahahaha! If you want to find a party with old school Tory roots start with the SNP

The front pages today of the Tory papers are appalling, on a day when the Express is saying "Vote UKIP" and it isn't the worst front page is a sorry state of affairs.

I see the scum wheeled out the bacon butty picture, with the subtext - it's right there just under the surface for anyone who cares to look - of "this dangerous alien will take over in a couple of days if you don't respond by voting Tory."

Goebbels would be delighted.

Here it is from the horses mouth (if I can put it like that)...from Lucas's book:

She reckons the Green Party is a party "that would seek power but never sacrifice morality; that would enter Parliament but never become part of it..."

Lucas is saying she won't compromise morally or otherwise in the interests of pragmatism. That's just silly. Politics is a grubby and sometimes nasty business. She's either too naive and pious to succeed in it, or she's just a bull:censored:ter. Bull:censored:ter is my guess.

I reckon a proper Green Party could do quite well in this day & age.

Focus on the environment and taking on the food & pharmaceutical industry. Leave the other stuff to the adults they could form a coalition with.

I reckon a proper Green Party could do quite well in this day & age.

Focus on the environment and taking on the food & pharmaceutical industry. Leave the other stuff to the adults they could form a coalition with.

The problem for them is the adults occasionally find it necessary to wage wars and such - sometimes legitimately and for a decent cause. They couldn't stomach that. They'd rather the environment and people's food and drugs went to :censored: than sully their consciences. They'll sacrifice their aims if it means staying sin free.

The problem for them is the adults occasionally find it necessary to wage wars and such - sometimes legitimately and for a decent cause. They couldn't stomach that. They'd rather the environment and people's food and drugs went to :censored: than sully their consciences. They'll sacrifice their aims if it means staying sin free.

That's what I'm saying- a proper Green Party instead of these lot.

Like the one in Borgen.

Labour.

The media haven't reacted this way to the Labour Party since Kinnock. They're worried. He's not a radical - too many Blairites yielding influence - but he's put space between Labour and the Tories. They're the most apart since 1992.

It's a start.

I am fair cacking it, I am not a religious man but I am praying to all that is holy that we do not see an extension of one of the most useless governments of modern time.

Gove

Hunt

Green/Shapps

Cameron

Osborne

IDS

That prat with the bicycle

Alexander

Laws

Clegg

They make my skin crawl.

Edited by beag_teeets