38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Glorious Labour Party
    • Evil Tory Scum
    • Evil Liberal Democrats
    • Racist UKIP
    • Hippy Green
    • Racist BNP
    • Other (eg SNP if you're fond of deep fried food)
    • None of the above

I keep seeing this scenario where Cleggy loses his seat, Danny Alexander becomes DPM, Dave falls ill and Putin demands we return the North Sea to Russia.

That's a thought. Whereas a Labour-SNP coalition would see Ed Balls threaten to smash his face in and Nicola Sturgeon ripping Vlad's balls off and wearing them as earrings.

That's me decided. Cheers, leeslover.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Beag - lets get rid of these clowns and vote in the bigger clowns that we got rid of 5 years ago for getting us into the mess we were in. I wouldn't let them look after the petty cash never mind the country. :shakeit:

The ones that have accepted that they didn't regulate the banks enough - it was those clowns who got us in the mess, not the government of the day, regulation aside. Granted a pretty big piece to put to one side but I have done. Pre 2008 crash the borrowing was at a lower level than inherited in 1997 plus they had built new hospitals, schools, cut waiting lists and repaired the 18 years of under-investment.

This lot of clowns have imposed ideological cuts which have slowed the recovery from the global financial crisis and ended up adopting the policies that Labour went to the polls with in 2010 but, possibly rightly the public rejected. Hopefully today the British public put the Labour party back into power to continue the job they had started in 2008 of leading Britain to recover and prosperity. In 2010 Labour handed over a growing economy, a weak but growing economy, that growth was wiped out and has only just started to recover from the Tory 'emergency budget' of 2010, don't give the Tories the chance to kill this weak but growing economy again as they front load their nonsense Friedmanesque failed economic theory.

Even if Labour do win, be under no illusion, times are going to be tough for a good few more years yet, the Green, SNP & Plaid pledges to stop austerity are juvenile, I wish they weren't as it is the weakest who are suffering the most but until there is a massive rebalancing of our economy from a service sector, financial service sector and house owning led economy we are screwed. We need to start to generate finance somehow, tidal energy, tech-jobs and a more responsible financial sector could start to lead us out of the years of stunted economics that have blighted us since 07/08.

The individual differences in £billions being bandied around on the stump are meaningless in the scheme of things but the Tories have shown themselves to be just as incompetent at managing the macro and micro economy as any other British government. We are still haemorrhaging borrowing and will do until the economy is rebalanced, tax is paid in full and the myth of trickle down economics is well and truly shattered.

Pre 2008 crash the borrowing was at a lower level than inherited in 1997 plus they had built new hospitals, schools,

That's sort of because pre-2008 they had been taxing the :censored: out of Gordon's decade long inflationary boom and pretending schools and hospitals were built for free by the PFI fairies.

I dont want to come on here pontificating, but I must say that was most eloquently put, Beag.

Having just been and voted it was a pleasant surprise to see queues at the polling station, according to those working there, it has been busy all day, let us hope that the general apathy to voting is slowly being erased.

Aye, the queues were surprising at my polling station, I'm worried! In my ideal fantasy world the whole country will be turning red and then I wake up at its blue and purple. :(

Half right for Scotland by the look of it

Aye, the queues were surprising at my polling station, I'm worried! In my ideal fantasy world the whole country will be turning red and then I wake up at its blue and purple. :(

There were about 200 people in the queue at my polling station at 7.30pm, a good 30 at 9.45pm. Anyone in the queue at 10pm would have been allowed to vote according to the bloke running the polling station.

As it happens there was no one in the queue at 10pm, I voted at 9.55pm. #cuttingitfine

I warn you. I warn you that you will have pain – when healing and relief depend upon payment. I warn you that you will have ignorance – when talents are untended and wits are wasted, when learning is a privilege and not a right. I warn you that you will have poverty – when pensions slip and benefits are whittled away by a government that won’t pay in an economy that can't pay. I warn you that you will be cold – when fuel charges are used as a tax system that the rich don't notice and the poor can't afford.

I warn you that you must not expect work – when many cannot spend, more will not be able to earn. When they don't earn, they don't spend. When they don't spend, work dies. I warn you not to go into the streets alone after dark or into the streets in large crowds of protest in the light. I warn you that you will be quiet – when the curfew of fear and the gibbet of unemployment make you obedient. I warn you that you will have defence of a sort – with a risk and at a price that passes all understanding. I warn you that you will be home-bound – when fares and transport bills kill leisure and lock you up. I warn you that you will borrow less – when credit, loans, mortgages and easy payments are refused to people on your melting income.

If Margaret Thatcher wins on Thursday, I warn you not to be ordinary. I warn you not to be young. I warn you not to fall ill. I warn you not to get old.

Neil, you’re still right.

Edited by beag_teeets

I didn't notice hell freezing over on my way home. :goggle:

Beag - Has Hell frozen over yet? Looks like your boys took a hell of a beating - never mind you can have another go in five years time, might even have found another leader by then from the great unwashed. Lots of Love and Kisses John xxx

Odds on a Northern council effectively going into administration at some point in the next five years?

I would have thought that was nailed on. What worries me more is NHS hospitals cancelling vital operations to save money.

When one voice rules the nation
Just because they're on top of the pile
Doesn't mean their vision is the clearest
The voices of the people
Are falling on deaf ears
Our politicians all become careerists
They must declare their interests
But not their company cars
Is there more to a seat in parliament
Then sitting on your arse
And the best of all this bad bunch
Are shouting to be heard