38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Glorious Labour Party
    • Evil Tory Scum
    • Evil Liberal Democrats
    • Racist UKIP
    • Hippy Green
    • Racist BNP
    • Other (eg SNP if you're fond of deep fried food)
    • None of the above

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am voting sensibly.

Well, I disagree fundamentally with a Conservative view of the world so I would want anyone who can prevent them forming a government and enacting their incorrect policies and at the moment that is Labour.

I probably agree more ideologically with parts of the SNP, Green, Liberal Democrats and Bez's "We Are The Reality Party' than I do with large parts of what will be in Labour's manifesto but such is the way of things. We all have our wish lists of moonbeams and unicorns that won't be fulfilled once the result is known.

We've had pretty much 5 years of election campaigning already but it has ratcheted up several notches over the last few weeks and even as a politics nerd I am pretty sick of politicians arguing over percentage points of deficit reduction or whether X will mean £8 billion less or £13 billion less. All whilst being interrupted by presenters trying to make a name for themselves by getting someone who has been up for 16 hours, already been in 3 different towns talking to 6 different audiences about 20 different subjects to show that they don't know the price of dozen eggs or the specifics of a spending/cut pledge made 6 weeks ago by someone else.

We are sorely let down in this country by the political discourse perpetuated by print, TV & online media. Manifesto pledges on the whole are irrelevant due to events and changing circumstances, even more so now as we move into 4-5 party politics. I'd rather have parties making ideological statements that give an indication as to where they stand on the issues that affect us rather than irrelevant percentage points or notional £billion commitments.

I'm getting a postal vote and will watch no TV broadcast, read no print media, no blogs, no Faceache, no news...

I've already decided and the bollocks is totally unnecessary.

I agree we're let down by the discourse...but that's the way the Tories like it. The thicker the discourse, the more normal it seems to vote thicko.

I've given you a voting option, you non-commital, airy fairy Tory stooge.

I've not changed as I may then be lumped in with the non-voters. My 'vote' will be counted and announced, I just don't think any of those running are worthy of it being cast for them.

Edited by jsslatic

None of the above. I live in a safe Tory seat, even if there was a candidate I'd want to vote for - and there isn't - it wouldn't matter.

I respect non-voters normally. However, this election is likely to result in a :censored:ing mess, with no clear winner and no clear loser. After the last election, the Lib Dems rationale for entering a full coalition was along the lines of, "The country has decided it wants a coalition Government."

Similar bull:censored: will become serious currency after this election - share of the vote, number of seats and square miles represented could all have a big, bull:censored:ty say in who forms the Government.

If you can't find a candidate you like, vote for a party. It might well matter.

I've not changed as I may then be lumped in with the non-voters. My 'vote' will be counted and announced, I just don't think any of those running are worthy of it being cast for them.

They're not, but politics is more frequently a choice of one or the other arsehole. C'est la vie.

Any high profile ministers under threat we think?

Clegg in Sheffield maybe?

All Lib Dems are in the :censored:, but especially the senior ones who are in the Government.

The Tories in the Government are all pretty safe, sadly - with the possible exception of Esther McVey, who thinks it's okay to find dead people fit for work, and to punish people for having arthritis, cancer, heart attacks and so on.

Semantics. By "candidate" I thought it was obvious, though not explicit, that I meant "party".

I don't wish to vote for any of the candidates/parties in my ward. Therefore, I'll be spoiling my ballot paper.

Semantics. By "candidate" I thought it was obvious, though not explicit, that I meant "party".

I don't wish to vote for any of the candidates/parties in my ward. Therefore, I'll be spoiling my ballot paper.

Fair enough. The candidates see ALL spoiled papers (they have to be verified by consent). Make it something good.

I'm not voting Labour until they're left wing again - which will be basically never, and the Greens are :censored:ing cloud cuckoo. Not sure what to do. Politics needs a kick in the pants.

https://yournextmp.com/constituency/65814/heywood-and-middleton

Hands off our NHS - no more cuts - bankers to pay for their own overdraft - solidarity brothers and sisters,

I respect non-voters normally. However, this election is likely to result in a :censored:ing mess, with no clear winner and no clear loser. After the last election, the Lib Dems rationale for entering a full coalition was along the lines of, "The country has decided it wants a coalition Government."

Similar bull:censored: will become serious currency after this election - share of the vote, number of seats and square miles represented could all have a big, bull:censored:ty say in who forms the Government.

If you can't find a candidate you like, vote for a party. It might well matter.

They're not, but politics is more frequently a choice of one or the other arsehole. C'est la vie.

All Lib Dems are in the :censored:, but especially the senior ones who are in the Government.

The Tories in the Government are all pretty safe, sadly - with the possible exception of Esther McVey, who thinks it's okay to find dead people fit for work, and to punish people for having arthritis, cancer, heart attacks and so on.

Wirral West a tight one in the betting markets, Labour best price 10/11, Cons Evens.

Dulwich and FCUM divided already.

:censored:ing splitters.

When I start calling sweaty burgers from a van 'sliders', and my mates are eating :censored:ing kimchi whilst watching a crucial tie against Solihull Moors, I know fan owned co-ops have gone too far.

One thing I do intend to do is get balls deep in the coverage and point and laugh at the lot of them, mainly Labour.

That bollock Umunna was at it already yesterday refuting Tory claims we'll all pay £3000 more tax under Labour (even the thickest Labour supporter would expect at least that, wouldn't they?) by claiming they plan to decrease taxes (eh?) and then refusing three times to answer "yes or no, are you saying people will pay less tax under Labour?".

A whole month of wall to wall confirmation bias and illogical fallacy.....

I intend to spoil my paper unless there is a weird independent who has a policy that I can support. (Last time in Durham the sole independent was a bloke who believed it's best to keep money hidden under the mattress).

I would normally side with the Greens but they want my Brother to be out of a job and my Mum (public sector) to take a 35% pay cut. Not a chance.

Thanks for the tips about spoiling the paper I'm going to have to give it some thought- the Green Party candidate in Heywood and Middleton By-election was someone I could vote for :wink:

Listen up all you trendy lefties and blind labour voting sheep - you all have very short memories or are all on labour introduced benefits - it has just taken the coalition (Conservatives) five long years to get us out of the unholy mess that labour got us into in the first place. If you think voting labour is a good idea cast your mind back five years and then think again.