• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's a real coup for Bury and I'm more than a little jealous!

For him to sign so early he must be on a fair wedge....3-4k a week I would think.

Bury and Rochdale will probably be at shorter odds than ourselves for promotion......never, ever, thought that would happen in my lifetime.

that's an excellent signing providing they can afford it, which I think we all know they cant.

Bury have got more money than us, makes me laugh the comments about Bury they have an owner who is having a go, if we had one we would be creaming ourselves at the prospect of signing players on 3/4k a week other teams are doing it oh they must be breaking the rules, no they are just taking advantage of the relaxing of the rules and obviously are very savvy when it comes to producing accounts, Bury carry on making signings that they are and they will be up there same for Scunthorpe.

He is bankrolling the club with Loans from his own side company with over 100% interest. It will only end one way.

Which has already brought one promotion, a brand new state of the art training complex and higher end players to the club....yes its all going Pete Tong at Gigg Lane.

Which has already brought one promotion, a brand new state of the art training complex and higher end players to the club....yes its all going Pete Tong at Gigg Lane.

and a £2million loss along with it. It may seem rosey at the moment, but it will only end one way.

Clarke on £3-4k a week? You can double that I'd bet.

Not sustainable for a League 1 club scraping 3000 gates. They're really going to have to achieve something very soon for it to be a sound investment. Fair play to them for having a go, though.

Off topic a bit, it's funny if you look on Rochdale's forum; not only are they absolutely obsessed with Bury, to the point they make threads about all of their signings, they're dismissing the ability of Clarke and reckon him to be an average League 1 striker. They're a weird bunch.