• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that Bury have got a sound financial model (the same for Bournemouth et al) as I never get any pleasure from seeing a team going to the wall. But it is hard to see that it can be based upon anything other than the money of one individual and that represents a huge risk.

I remember with embarrassment Latics fans jeering the home fans at Gigg lane years ago chanting "We've got loads of money" when we were bankrolled by an individual and were signing players that we couldn't have dreamed of a season or so before. Moore pulled the plug 12 months later and we entered one of the darkest moments of our history which almost cost us our club.

What's the crack with Bury anyway? Like have they had an owner change before the start of last season as they spent then too?

I don't really think FFP is a factor now really it's being "relaxed" which is just a way of fazing it out.

Them and Scunny could be top sides next season.

A rich owner is only as useful for as long as he is happy to bank roll the club. The reality is that if a club is then spending more than it brings in all the risk is sat with as long as that owner is willing to pay for his new toy and everything is rosey! If Bury struggle this year then it will be panic stations...

What's the crack with Bury anyway? Like have they had an owner change before the start of last season as they spent then too?

I don't really think FFP is a factor now really it's being "relaxed" which is just a way of fazing it out.

Them and Scunny could be top sides next season.

Uefa's rules and the Football Leagues rules are totally separate.

That's only said talks will happen no action has been taken yet to change it.

Their was always going to be a a loop hole in the system that someone could exploit.

If someone wants to spend a lot of money on a football club they will be able to do it equally if someone wants to destroy a football club they could also do it.

Let's see how this goes at Bury although I think we all know that this won't be sustainable.

Clarke on £3-4k a week? You can double that I'd bet.

Not sustainable for a League 1 club scraping 3000 gates. They're really going to have to achieve something very soon for it to be a sound investment. Fair play to them for having a go, though.

Off topic a bit, it's funny if you look on Rochdale's forum; not only are they absolutely obsessed with Bury, to the point they make threads about all of their signings, they're dismissing the ability of Clarke and reckon him to be an average League 1 striker. They're a weird bunch.

Thing is I am actually not fussed about Leon Clarke on the last few season he has become a hyped up journeyman who seems to jump ship every opportunity he gets.

Yeah I saw that champions league stuff, not heard anything about the football league doing it tho.

Yeah they are separate. The SCMP was voted for by the clubs and last thing I heard, most were happy with it.

UEFA are looking to bring it in line with the SCMP I.e. Allowing an owner to donate to the club without expectation that it will be repaid.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

• 2 months later...

Bury have shown if you can score goals you can beat them, we need to fix our end product, Leon & Pope will score past us

both Walsall and Fleetwood scored 4 away goals the game after us. Maybe we will be solid against the might Bury!

Edited by palmer1

Ricardo Vaz Te on trial with them now apparently.

How many strikers does one club need?

Not exaggerating when I say they've got 6 strikers on their books that would come in and be our first choice (in the absence of Cassidy)

Not to forget they've conceded 7 goals in 3 games up to now...