Just listened to Kelly's LP interview on the back of the St Mirren game.

You can tell he is trying to keep everything positive which is important at such an early stage, the problem is he is answering questions before even really thinking of an answer and is generally just agreeing and repeating what the interviewee asks...I understand it's a default response to keep the tone upbeat but it lacks sincerity and I don't feel like he has convinced me that he has a clear way of playing or a plan, or indeed his own opinions to share. He talks about buying into his plans hard work a hell of a lot...

You can tell he is trying to keep everything positive which is important at such an early stage, the problem is he is answering questions before even really thinking of an answer and is generally just agreeing and repeating what the interviewee asks...I understand it's a default response to keep the tone upbeat but it lacks sincerity and I don't feel like he has convinced me that he has a clear way of playing or a plan, or indeed his own opinions to share. He talks about buying into his plans hard work a hell of a lot...

He might not have a clear plan for a while.

Early days yet, Forte and Jones to come in.

Early days yet, Forte and Jones to come in.

I don't question the result at St Mirren as i have no opinion to judge.... I am purely referring to his interview style, i appreciate this might not mean much to a lot of people, but to me if he can't articulate clearly what he wants to achieve and how he wants to achieve it to a camera then i doubt how he could explain this to his players and coaches. Honesty is refreshing and if he came out and said you know what the players worked bloody hard but there were elements of my shape and style that still needed work etc it gives fans more insight into what he is wanting and how the players are matching up...

As you have said maybe i am just expecting too much too soon, i just would have thought he would have come in with a clear view on his ideas on what style of play will get us out of this league as thats what Corney said won him the job in the first place.

Think the manager should be cut some slack in the interview stakes at the moment.

He is all but 6 days into his new job (new career) and some feel its constructive to pick bones out of him already, give him time to develop. He will be like a fish out of water at the moment and the last thing he needs is his every move scrutinised.

With Jim and Dean by his side he will develop I've no doubt he just needs to be given the chance.

I don't question the result at St Mirren as i have no opinion to judge.... I am purely referring to his interview style, i appreciate this might not mean much to a lot of people, but to me if he can't articulate clearly what he wants to achieve and how he wants to achieve it to a camera then i doubt how he could explain this to his players and coaches. Honesty is refreshing and if he came out and said you know what the players worked bloody hard but there were elements of my shape and style that still needed work etc it gives fans more insight into what he is wanting and how the players are matching up...

As you have said maybe i am just expecting too much too soon, i just would have thought he would have come in with a clear view on his ideas on what style of play will get us out of this league as thats what Corney said won him the job in the first place.

Bob Paisley could barely articulate his own name in front of a TV camera. 6 league titles and 3 European Cups would suggest this wasn't a major problem.

Bob Paisley could barely articulate his own name in front of a TV camera. 6 league titles and 3 European Cups would suggest this wasn't a major problem.

I think comparing Darren Kelly to Bob Paisley is rather a large leap of faith.

I didn't know interview techniques were a key requirement to be a successful manager?

Fergie ****ed off most of his interviews and Cloughie was the same and refused to answer questions or divulge his plans. Were they ineffective managers?

I'm sure as season progresses then DK will improve his style in interviews. At least he's not spouting all the flannel like a polished PR Emperor minus the clothes..

Pre-season friendlies are just that and a run out to build fitness. Formations, planning and tactics will be left for each individual game or behind closed doors.

Let's wait until the ball is kicked in a league game to then understand his tactics, selection and planning eh?!

I didn't know interview techniques were a key requirement to be a successful manager?

Fergie ****ed off most of his interviews and Cloughie was the same and refused to answer questions or divulge his plans. Were they ineffective managers?

I'm sure as season progresses then DK will improve his style in interviews. At least he's not spouting all the flannel like a polished PR Emperor minus the clothes..

Pre-season friendlies are just that and a run out to build fitness. Formations, planning and tactics will be left for each individual game or behind closed doors.

Let's wait until the ball is kicked in a league game to then understand his tactics, selection and planning eh?!

Cloughie was the best interviewee football has ever had.

Kelly confirms in today's Chron that was our Brian Wilson playing for County. Looking to offload so we have scope for an additional centre back.

Wilth Wilson out of the door, we're going to have a very young squad of players.

Wilth Wilson out of the door, we're going to have a very young squad of players.

Good, Kelly/Jones/Forte/Philiskirk have enough experience to guide the younger lads, and youth players that perform are worth more money. A bid for Jake Cassidy on 15 goals would command more money than a bid for Forte on 15 goals.

It also gives us a bit of raw freshness of players that arent expected to do anything are allowed to express themselves. Hopefully they will all come out like a young Chris Taylor at home to Forest

Kelly confirms in today's Chron that was our Brian Wilson playing for County. Looking to offload so we have scope for an additional centre back.

I was really pleased when we signed Wilson, thought he'd be a really solid full back for us. Not to be.

Think the manager should be cut some slack in the interview stakes at the moment.

He is all but 6 days into his new job (new career) and some feel its constructive to pick bones out of him already, give him time to develop. He will be like a fish out of water at the moment and the last thing he needs is his every move scrutinised.

With Jim and Dean by his side he will develop I've no doubt he just needs to be given the chance.

I think you maybe right. Public speaking is not every ones cup of tea. Some are born into it, other's grew into it.

If you watch most of his early interviews right at the very end once Gordon indicates it's conclusion with his thank you, DK drum rolls the table. A sure sign of pre apprehension and a happiness you came through it unscathed.