First names on the team sheet

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the few names that be go straight on to the team sheet are

Dieng, Wilson Croft, Green and Turner.

Turner has to start for me, with what he has showed, Dieng ls fast and puts a shift in, Croft will run all day and fight for every ball and if Green is played right he has enough in his locker to cause any defence problems, but putting him on the wing is a waste of time, his touch skill and vision is way ahead of any other player at the club.

The rest for me could be rotated.

Turner has to start for me, with what he has showed, Dieng ls fast and puts a shift in, Croft will run all day and fight for every ball and if Green is played right he has enough in his locker to cause any defence problems, but putting him on the wing is a waste of time, his touch skill and vision is way ahead of any other player at the club.

Wow, i couldnt disagree much more, no kelly, jones, forte, mills or winchester in guaranteed starting spots?

That is probably the oddest list I've seen.

For me our almost guaranteed starters are: Mills, Wilson, Kelly, Jones, Winchester and Forte.

Edited by dec666

Were you licking a window when you wrote this?

Philiskirk the forgotten man, I like him but off last seasons form he doesn't deserve a starting spot in that team and he was playing out of position which is unfair to him, I think he gets out in different positions because of his work ethic!

Certainly on the bench for me but will be interesting to see if this pushes him on and he improves again like we know he's capable of.

Philiskirk the forgotten man, I like him but off last seasons form he doesn't deserve a starting spot in that team and he was playing out of position which is unfair to him, I think he gets out in different positions because of his work ethic!

Certainly on the bench for me but will be interesting to see if this pushes him on and he improves again like we know he's capable of.

Talk of getting rid is stupid though - he frustrates the hell out of me but he's a good player and will serve the club very well if he stays here most of his career.....

He will, he will be in our best starting eleven.

Wow, i couldnt disagree much more, no kelly, jones, forte, mills or winchester in guaranteed starting spots?

Everyone to his own, I did say rotate so your first choice may be in my starting line up, mine may not be in yours. DK needs to put what he thinks his is best team out on Saturday and only make subs as and when he thinks it could change the game, or forced on him. Pre season needs to be about finding your best team and get them used to playing with each other, it's not just all about fitness.

He has just kept swapping all the time playing nearly two sides per game how can he or we judge from that to be honest, I dont think we can or him.

Talk of getting rid is stupid though - he frustrates the hell out of me but he's a good player and will serve the club very well if he stays here most of his career.....

Agree with that, I think there's a place for him in this team he just needs to prove that he can play in his natural position - it's a shame other managers have moved him about but it's down to him now to get back in! Think it's a case of being patient with him, he'll come good no doubt.

Genuine question but have whats the longest run of games where we've played Philliskirk up front or as part of a front two and what was his goal return?

Is he more an attacking midfielder or do you see his strength as a striker and if the latter, where would you rank him in a list of Cassidy, Poleon, Turner, Murphy, Forte and whoever else I've missed?!

Messed about ? He has hardly been played on the left wing like Rooney was, the main reason he has been moved between midfield and attack is that he doesnt excel in either position, he is a solid pro but to improve the team he may just be used from the bench this season.

Messed about ? He has hardly been played on the left wing like Rooney was, the main reason he has been moved between midfield and attack is that he doesnt excel in either position, he is a solid pro but to improve the team he may just be used from the bench this season.

If I've got my maths right he scored 10 goals in his first 22 games for us, 8 in 74 since.

I don't remember Rooney playing left wing, did have one of his best games for us on the right vs Sheff Utd IIRC.

Edited by deyres42

How many other solid pros have we got, maybe Kelly Jones Mills and J Wilson?

He has moved position when played up front to cover for deficiencies elsewhere within the starting 11, as instructed by the managers both last season and the season before!

Theyre your first names on the team sheet? Above Kelly, Jones and Winchester?!!!

Edit: loads of people have already called you out on this. I nearly missed the bandwagon

Edited by youngen

Genuine question but have whats the longest run of games where we've played Philliskirk up front or as part of a front two and what was his goal return?

Is he more an attacking midfielder or do you see his strength as a striker and if the latter, where would you rank him in a list of Cassidy, Poleon, Turner, Murphy, Forte and whoever else I've missed?!

Im not sure, but his up front performance at Rochdale away is one of his best in a Latics shirt. Proved that with someone nippy and energetic behind him like Johnson & Forte were that day, what a good striker he can be.