Jake Cassidy injury

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotted a young centre forward with a Premiership club, similar in style to Cassidy, but yet to play a league game or been to any other club on loan.

A recommendation has been sent to Mr Kelly - watch this space.

Do you actually attend these youth teams games or just pluck their names of a youth team website and read a bit about them off the player profile? Or have contacts that are feeding you info and telling you how good such a body is? Edited by MAC0AFC

Do you actually attend these youth teams games or just pluck their names of a youth team website and read a bit about them off the player profile? Or have contacts that are feeding you info and telling you how good such a body is?

I watch them myself, but still have sources around the country who pass on information worth checking out, and I do the same for them.

I recommended a player to a Premiership club scout recently.

It's all about opinions, we have seen many times before some academy kids can adapt to league football, some can't, clubs have to take some chances though and hope they hit the jackpot.

Edited by BP1960

Aye, really liked the look of him towards the end of last season, I think he might be our most natural finisher. I'll be gutted if Cassidy's injured but I'd be quite happy to see Turner starting up front.

I thought Turner looked very exposed up on his own, especially first half. Only time Philiskirk got near him he scored. If Turner is up top then I think the system needs to change, he doesn't put the work rate Cassidy does to be able to run the line on his own. Either get Philiskirk closer and more advanced than Saturday or tuck the wingers in a bit. If not the ball will keep coming back at us

I'm highly suspicious of anything suggesting he has broken his ankle. He was helped down the sidelines and up the steps, having crawled off the pitch, but I seriously hope that wouldn't have been done if there was any suggestion he had broken his ankle.

Broken bones are usually apparent no matter the time delay between incident and X-Ray, so I would hope if his ankle was suspected to be broken he would have had it x-rayed already. Whilst I didn't see the injury happen, if Cassidy has broken his ankle, whilst playing football, it will usually be the sort of ankle fracture that is a lot more obvious and wouldn't have allowed him to hobble down the side-line and up the steps, with help.

However, ankle ligament damage, which can be as long a time out or even longer than broken bones, will require a bit of a wait before being scanned, as they make it significantly easier to pick up on MRI, which is what's needed, not an X-ray. I didn't see the incident but I'd be a lot more concerned that Cassidy has done something serious involving an ankle ligament.

There is a bit of me that hopes his injury is quite serious as the way the referee and Fleetwood handled it was ridiculous, bordering onto cruel. When the ball was kicked out for a throw-in, the ref should have stopped the game to allow him to get treatment, instead he lets Fleetwood take the throw-in and prevents our physio from coming on, forcing Cassidy to crawl off the pitch to get treated. Especially as the Ref never checked to see how badly hurt he was, and was making this judgement that he was OK from at best 20 yards away.

Broke both my ankles at different times and didn't get them x rayed until following day...as you say, ankle ligament damage is far more of an issue

I watch them myself, but still have sources around the country who pass on information worth checking out, and I do the same for them.

I recommended a player to a Premiership club scout recently.

It's all about opinions, we have seen many times before some academy kids can adapt to league football, some can't, clubs have to take some chances though and hope they hit the jackpot.

Not bad, retired I guess from your posts in the past - so you do it for love not money nowadays? Just get to the local-ish ones or spend a bit of petrol money travelling?

Not bad, retired I guess from your posts in the past - so you do it for love not money nowadays? Just get to the local-ish ones or spend a bit of petrol money travelling?

Its a bit like backing horses, once you have a winner you look for more, in my case it became very time consuming. I am now retired, but old habits die hard.

I'm highly suspicious of anything suggesting he has broken his ankle. He was helped down the sidelines and up the steps, having crawled off the pitch, but I seriously hope that wouldn't have been done if there was any suggestion he had broken his ankle.

Broken bones are usually apparent no matter the time delay between incident and X-Ray, so I would hope if his ankle was suspected to be broken he would have had it x-rayed already. Whilst I didn't see the injury happen, if Cassidy has broken his ankle, whilst playing football, it will usually be the sort of ankle fracture that is a lot more obvious and wouldn't have allowed him to hobble down the side-line and up the steps, with help.

I've scored a goal with a broken ankle - ask anyone, I never stop going on about it. Like right now for example.

Point being a break can be manageable, even if painful. His ability to walk off is not really indicative of much.

I've scored a goal with a broken ankle - ask anyone, I never stop going on about it. Like right now for example.

Point being a break can be manageable, even if painful. His ability to walk off is not really indicative of much.

Didn't Gary Harkins play on a broken ankle for ages that only got diagnosed at the end of the season before he joined us?

Didn't Gary Harkins play on a broken ankle for ages that only got diagnosed at the end of the season before he joined us?

The Greenock Zidane knew he'd broken it but didnt want to let the team down so he was self medicating with buckfast.. FAKT

Proper footballer.. not many of them about

I played 10 games with a stress fractured foot...all depends on the full details of the injury as to what you can and cant do.

I padded my foot with tape and only went the DRs when i couldnt get my boots on for the amount of tape i put on :)

I think it was a serious injury, i'd hope for broken over ligament damage but is suspect we're either lookkng at 1-2 weeka for a sprain or 3-6 months for serious damage.

I think turner is a cracking little player but hes the sort who would feed off big man in front two rather than being the lone strike. Choices are bring in another big fella or change the system which, in all fairness, isnt looking too great at the moment.

I walked 200 plus yard back to the changing room with a broken ankle and broken heel. I knew i had broken due to the obvious pain but someone heard the crack from 25 yards away.

I could walk slowly it only became an issue when a reached the steep steps of the changing room and my brain would not allow me to try to walk down them

few years after tha I doslocated my knee and snapped the pattella tendon, I walked off the pitch and was in no pain however my leg kept giving out slightly

walking on these injuries is no gauge of how bad they can be. Both times i was laid up for months, the 2nd neded 2 surgeries and ive never kicked a ball since

Edited by palmer1