Best Right Back ?

How many good crosses did he put into the box how fast did he get the ball forward did he get beyond croft on the overlap think your being a bit to enthusiastic admittedly he was one of our better performers though

How many good crosses did the rest of the team put into the box, how fast did the rest of the team get forward, this is not having a go at your post, I just think we were a bit poor going forward, and if anyone thinks Forte is a lone striker then they need their bumps feeling.

Admittedly I would stick with Dieng at right back.

Didn't say he was worse than any one else I said he was one of our better performers just saying let's not get carried away.the tactics at home are rubbish we set up not to concede and hope we get a goal like you say Forte isn't a lone front man but he was very poor today

I think the injury to Mills could be a blessing as Dieng could be the answer to our RB troubles. Linked the game well. Gave a passing option coming forward and always wanted the ball. Granted he didn't make the byline but put in enough good crosses. He is also a very good defender and, like Kusunga, will benefit from being away from the centre of the defence where a mistake is so much more costly. Excellent in the air, which is vital in an otherwise small side. Mills back in at LB and we have a superb looking back 5.

Dieng did well, but :censored: me, if Connor Brown is playing left back, the rest of the team should be instructed *not* to give him the ball. He did ok defensively, but was horrible to watch in possession.

He didnt do OK defensively though.

Compare his defensive display to Dieng on the other side. You will notice a big difference

He didnt do OK defensively though.

Compare his defensive display to Dieng on the other side. You will notice a big difference

He was ok. First half their right winger barely had a kick. He was under a bit more pressure second half as they attacked more, but he didn't disgrace himself. We had people playing worse on the pitch.

Who played worse? I can't think of anyone overall. Maybe Forte?

Sorry, and I'm not going to be sucked like others have been into a CB argument, but if that's a genuine question then you're looking at his performances through anti-Special Mention glasses.

He was solid in defence. Bobbins going forward but he hasn't got a left foot and had been asked at the last minute to fill in.

At one point in the second half some in the RRE were booing that he cut in and passed back rather than taking on the full back (which if he had done he'd have no doubt struggled to get a cross in with his left). It was embarrassing.

Sorry, and I'm not going to be sucked like others have been into a CB argument, but if that's a genuine question then you're looking at his performances through anti-Special Mention glasses.

He was solid in defence. Bobbins going forward but he hasn't got a left foot and had been asked at the last minute to fill in.

At one point in the second half some in the RRE were booing that he cut in and passed back rather than taking on the full back (which if he had done he'd have no doubt struggled to get a cross in with his left). It was embarrassing.

Yeah it is embarrassing, those people are not Oldham fans they are dicks...

but again he wasn't solid in defence. He was beaten numerous times in the 2nd half. He conceeded multiple free kicks out of desperation when under pressure we gave away a number of corners on that side from midfielders and centre backs covering for Brown. Hes not solid and it didn't happen on the opposite side of the pitch did it? I appreciate its not his position but anybody who cant see it is just ugnoring the :censored:ing obvious out of some kind of loyalty to a player that works hard but unfortunately doesn't cut it....

See same loyalty in threads under the name Weslowski.

Edited by palmer1

He conceeded multiple free kicks out of desperation when under pressure we gave away a number of corners on that side from midfielders and centre backs covering for Brown. Hes not solid and it didn't happen on the opposite side of the pitch did it?

Given how closely you watch the game, you will have noticed Croft being tied to Dieng on a 5 yard rope?