Winchester.....

Poll added 13th October 2015  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would we amass more points with or without Carl Winchester at RM/CM for the rest of the season?

• More points with him in the side
    • More points without him in the side

This is a player on current form not deemed good enough to start games in League 1 for a struggling side whose been in decline for decades....

We should be starting a petition for him to actually start performing and lasting 90 minutes before looking for his passport for France....

Edited by Tricky Ricky On The Left

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably already said further up this thread but, unless he starts getting more time on the pitch, I could see Winchester pushing for a move in January to put himself in with a chance of going to the Euros.

This - It would be sad for him to make a rash move to the first club that promises him game time in desperation to play for NI but I can see it happening.

Loanee Lafferty would also like to be in the NI squad for France, so it should motivate him to perform well for Latics.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/94563/daniels-euro-tunnel-vision

Let's hope that if he makes it that the Mistral isn't blowing. He was so weak yesterday that i fear the slightest breeze will blow him over.

Let's hope that if he makes it that the Mistral isn't blowing. He was so weak yesterday that i fear the slightest breeze will blow him over.

When I saw Winchester for the first time my thought was bulk up, get bigger, put on weight and you have a chance of doing well at football. He is still about 9stone and made of twigs

When I saw Winchester for the first time my thought was bulk up, get bigger, put on weight and you have a chance of doing well at football. He is still about 9stone and made of twigs

Ah the old lightweight tag. I missed idiotic posts such as this one when he was running around teams for fun last season...

Ah the old lightweight tag. I missed idiotic posts such as this one when he was running around teams for fun last season...

Maybe it is an old tag because it is true?

I did not even say that I didn't think he could do a job, just that he hasn't gained any frame in his entire career here.

What are you, his mum?

In fact what should I say to have a post deemed "not idiotic"

Winchester is as big as Frank Bruno and has the pace and power of Courtney Laws.

Why do the vast majority of lunatics on here have to be so black and white about everything?

Only options for this thread:

I'm a Winchester fan.

I'm not a Winchester fan.

Post a valid comment, slightly critiquing one aspect of his game and you are tarnished as band B.

Introducing the colour Grey.

Yes you need to weigh 14 stone like Lionel Messi - hold on....

I keep hearing this about Winchester and its complete tosh, Philliskirk and Brown both surrender possession to pressure at will yet are lauded because they run around like headless chickens, if we are gonna be :censored: lets at least attempt to entertain the few fans we have left.

I don't think Messi should be mentioned in this thread!!!

I think that as a league 1 player he isn't strong enough, certainly being stronger wouldn't be a bad thing.

We are outfought by teams every week, our youth players tend to be weak and we have always been a small team.

Also who has being lauding Brown!?

I don't think Messi should be mentioned in this thread!!!

I think that as a league 1 player he isn't strong enough, certainly being stronger wouldn't be a bad thing.

We are outfought by teams every week, our youth players tend to be weak and we have always been a small team.

Also who has being lauding Brown!?

Okay I wont mention Messi, what about the 7 stone midget who ran the show against us for Peterborough, that was whan we had David Dunn in midfield.

Okay I wont mention Messi, what about the 7 stone midget who ran the show against us for Peterborough, that was whan we had David Dunn in midfield.

Ok, indeed it is possible to have luxury players if they fit into your gameplan - he was strong, industrious and surrounded by a formation built around him.

Where do we play Winchester?

I would vote that he could be an excellent right-back.

Ok, indeed it is possible to have luxury players if they fit into your gameplan - he was strong, industrious and surrounded by a formation built around him.

I must have dreamt all those games we won last season with Winchester playing right wing.

I would play him where Croft played, you would need an adequate right back as Brown could make any right winger look like a :censored:, Croft effectively played rightback yesterday while clueless Brown looked on out of position everytime a move broke down, anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows our best play in the last 18 month has involved Kelly and Jones as a central two, Dieng and Winchester have been part of them teams but for some reason seem to be Dunnys boo boys.

I would play him where Croft played, you would need an adequate right back as Brown could make any right winger look like a :censored:, Croft effectively played rightback yesterday while clueless Brown looked on out of position everytime a move broke down, anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows our best play in the last 18 month has involved Kelly and Jones as a central two, Dieng and Winchester have been part of them teams but for some reason seem to be Dunnys boo boys.

Jesus Christ, so Connor Brown is :censored: so therefore we must select effing Bambi to play right midfield. You couldnt make it up!

And before you start to use your logic (???) yesterday Philly was absolute :censored:e but still better than a lightweight tart who cannot play 90 minutes.

Brown is not the answer, Philly is not the answer but bloody Winchester come on, he is definately not the answer. Boo boys my arse!

Jesus Christ, so Connor Brown is :censored: so therefore we must select effing Bambi to play right midfield. You couldnt make it up!

And before you start to use your logic (???) yesterday Philly was absolute :censored:e but still better than a lightweight tart who cannot play 90 minutes.

Brown is not the answer, Philly is not the answer but bloody Winchester come on, he is definately not the answer. Boo boys my arse!

Ha ha ha ha ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Philly is an ever present in a team with 1 win in half a season the fact he is playing centrally instead of Mike Jones is my real issue, surely Winchester is worth a chance out wide? The ones in the the team just aint doing it.

Philly is an ever present in a team with 1 win in half a season the fact he is playing centrally instead of Mike Jones is my real issue, surely Winchester is worth a chance out wide? The ones in the the team just aint doing it.

He'll probably start on Saturday, we shall see what he's got then.

Where does Fulton fit in?