New Director

I believe we have made the right choice. We have learnt from previous lessons learned and adapted accordingly.

We are hoping to arrange a fans forum soon and don't forget, we have a meet the manger planned for Thurs September 10th at the Railway pub in Royton. Star 7.30pm finish 10.30pm. Tickets are £5 and available from the Railway pub.

We hope to have had both on the new stand but due to delays with it, we felt we couldn't wait any longer to get the events moving

Edited by underdog

I believe we have made the right choice. We have learnt from previous lessons learned and adapted accordingly.

We are hoping to arrange a fans forum soon and don't forget, we have a meet the manger planned for September at the Railway pub in Royton.

We hope to have had both on the new stand but due to delays with it, we felt we couldn't wait any longer to get things moving

Noticed him chatting in the main stand Saturday, looks a real friendly genuine guy.

Has anyone got any suggestions for nicknames?

Ha, he could do with one, a nice one to start with as we seem to have a lot if Simon's about, Brooke, corney, wood...

I will throw in stubbles...due to the lack of a razor.

Edited by underdog

It is no secret that I have long wished that the Trust could play a more proactive role at our club

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/brooke-appointed-on-to-board-of-directors-2643813.aspx#i7S0DPKWSghkWZmO.99

Interesting quote that.

Watch this space....we need to be working better with the club, holding joint ventures, helping out where we can and vice versa the club helping us out too. Simon and the trust vice chair persons, has been fundamental over the last 10 months or so in building a better relationship. One outcome has been the fans forum where the club have been represented by the marketing manager, fans liaison officer as well as representation from the building company of the new stand too. We are hoping to have the next one again soon so I will keep you posted once we can confirm if the venue is free

Watch this space....we need to be working better with the club, holding joint ventures, helping out where we can and vice versa the club helping us out too. Simon and the trust vice chair persons, has been fundamental over the last 10 months or so in building a better relationship. One outcome has been the fans forum where the club have been represented by the marketing manager, fans liaison officer as well as representation from the building company of the new stand too. We are hoping to have the next one again soon so I will keep you posted once we can confirm if the venue is free

Should that of said 'confirm if the venue is open'

Is it unreasonable for the Trust to seek some answers regarding the new stand as a matter of urgency?

Should that of said 'confirm if the venue is open'

Is it unreasonable for the Trust to seek some answers regarding the new stand as a matter of urgency?

We were hoping the new stand would be open in time for the two events we had one our agenda, meet the manager and fans forum with the club.

It's pretty much documented why the new stand isn't ready and the Trust felt we could not wait any longer as it might roll on beyond our September events and have a knock on event to other events we have in the calendar. So we went ahead and arranged a meet the manager at the Railway inn 10th September, in Royton and fans forum later on in September once we can confirm a venue for that one too.

So the Trust position on the new stand is?

We have a representative at board level, can you ask why people who have purchased season tickets in good faith have still received no correspondance with regards to these issues, common courtesy would go a long way.

I don't know what response you want from the trust with regards to the current position on the new stand...to me as a fan it's pretty much out there that it's not ready because of xyz.

With regards of correspondence, or lack of it for those who have bought season tickets, I will raise it at the fans forum to the fans liaison officer for you if you are unable to make it once the date has been confirmed.

Thanks

In fact yard dog.....your timing is brilliant just seen a pop up to say the club have made a statement with regards to the north stand to supporters.

But I will still ask why personal contact was not made

I'd appreciate that, I do know of fans who have no internet access and dont follow the Official/Twitter or Messageboards where most of the news is now broken, if they dont get a Chron they dont find out till matchdays.

Underdog Can you make sure this new guy attends radio phone-ins and the likes. It doesn't matter that I've not the first idea what he's like with the media or that he is new to us and all that. He just HAS to be better at dealing with the media and fans than Barry :censored:ing Owen.

Ta.

It is no secret that I have long wished that the Trust could play a more proactive role at our club

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/brooke-appointed-on-to-board-of-directors-2643813.aspx#i7S0DPKWSghkWZmO.99

Interesting quote that.

Simon Corney Message to Fans in January 2013 following victory over Liverpool:

“Trust Oldham can play a key role in the rebirth of this club. I want to see fresh ideas from them and more interaction.

This is your club - and you can help it.”

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130131-letter-629480.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

I don't know what response you want from the trust with regards to the current position on the new stand...to me as a fan it's pretty much out there that it's not ready because of xyz.

Not sure if I agree with that.

It's a bit like the announcement that makes me growl at the tannoy on my trainhome every evening when it blithely tells me that the "train is running slow because of a slower train ahead". Well yes, but what it actually means is that the slower train ahead is scheduled to be there and the real reason is chronic underinvestment which means that my allegedly express train cannot overtake the stopper until it is well past half way on is 45 minute journey.

Underdog Can you make sure this new guy attends radio phone-ins and the likes. It doesn't matter that I've not the first idea what he's like with the media or that he is new to us and all that. He just HAS to be better at dealing with the media and fans than Barry :censored:ing Owen.

Ta.

Thanks its a tough one, we support the club as a trust, help out where we can, making sure we adhere to the guidelines of why Trust oldham is in place. You can understand it's a fine line to walk so we are not too vocal where we pee people off at the club so that don't want to work with us. We have to be invited too to Radio stuff

With regards to Barry he has moved onto another role at the club, I don't know the ins and outs, but when he speaks he is representing the club now

With regards to Simon, he is very much available, like Barry was too, to meet the fans.

We have thrashed out a number of ideas recently that we hope to crack on with this season. It will be unfair to divulge at this stage in case they do fall through. It is a case of watch this space...I know agonising

I'd appreciate that, I do know of fans who have no internet access and dont follow the Official/Twitter or Messageboards where most of the news is now broken, if they dont get a Chron they dont find out till matchdays.

Your right, multi media has changes the way we communicate these days, use to be when I was a kid, three Tv channels, picking up the pink at the top of Sheepfoot lane and getting the chron if I wanted to know any news.

Finding the right/best communication tools is what we have discussed too to cover all our fan base, official site, programme, chronicle facebook, owtb, Trust oldham site and even a free newsletter on match days....however finding enough bodies to do all the work around these communication methods is consuming too. Especially if you an old git like me whose a bit of a techno phobe.

Hi all, just wanted to say thank you for all the messages of support I've had from fans over the past couple of days.

Rise above the benchmark Barry set, do due diligence, don't take the cheap barbs that will undoubtedly come your way too personally and you will do a great job ..... good luck :OASISscarf:

Edited by Stagger Lee