meet the manager 10/09/15

This seems the ideal time to implement the official Dazzler Kelly drinking game.

1 shot for every 'Y'know what' or 'Absolutely'

2 shots for every 'Philosophy', 'Project' or 'Big part of what we're trying to do here'

3 for 'Fantastic Support', or how amazing we look in training

Full pint for reference to UEFA License, 'Game management' or reference to Cassidy (additional shot if 'big blow' is in same sentence)

I'll order the kebabs/stomach pumps/ambulances in for 10:30.

'The players' can sometimes be said by him 3 times in 1 sentance!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't win me over. The most interesting question came from a guy at the bar applauding him for being a British coach who is up and coming. He asked him who else he had done his badges with etc and can he name them as in upcoming coaches and tip them for the top.

Three minutes later he was still answering the question without answering it and didn't name anybody

Nobody is hiding but look at the polls, its pretty mixed as to whether he's wanted.

I don't think he covered himself in glory because he pretty much recycled what he said last time.

Everyone wants the team to do well. Do I think he will be here by the end of the season? Given from what he's said so far, no chance.

The thind is people went there tonight not even willing to listen to the guy and came out with the most astonishing bollocks ever known...a guy next to me old bloke crooked teeth dont know why he went at all. look its 6 games and its yet to click give the guy a fair crack of the wip we are little old oldham who are we to demand instant results

Proof is in the pudding. Last time out he came out and said he had plans abcdefghi etc etc. What they turned out to be were putting square pegs in round holes.

Did he confirm the potential for two up front on Saturday? It sounded like he did but the sound was poor from the bar area. Seeing is believing

Nobody is hiding but look at the polls, its pretty mixed as to whether he's wanted.

I don't think he covered himself in glory because he pretty much recycled what he said last time.

what its it, 2 months? I'd be more bothered if he'd turned everything he'd said on its head.

Proof is in the pudding. Last time out he came out and said he had plans abcdefghi etc etc. What they turned out to be were putting square pegs in round holes.

Did he confirm the potential for two up front on Saturday? It sounded like he did but the sound was poor from the bar area. Seeing is believing

yeah expect 2 up top

An ok night. He was nervous and obviously expecting flak. Not sure the format of Rick asking questions first and the open floor second half helped him. The first half almost seemed irrelevant waiting for people to have their say - a phoney war?

The questions were reasonable and he answered them honestly. Depends a bit on your original standpoint. Is it you're playing one up front or no were not were playing three up front it's just not working at the moment.

The question about we were told we had a high quality field of applicants and we got an unknown was fair and he answered it ok. All he can say is I know, I was surprised as well but I'll work my nads off and he did. He relaxed right at the end and told a couple of funny stories And maybe gave us more of an insight into what goes on. Shame that didn't happen earlier. Maybe next time

I went to the equivalent event last year with LJ and it was very different. A confident, eloquent young man, belief in himself who told me things about the professional game that me as a mere supporter didn't know. That was never going to happen tonight but DK turned up and gave us his view which I appreciated .

Nice touch when chap who had a bit of a go at him won the chocs in the raffle and gave them to DK to give to his wife.

I've only Seen the Bradford game which was obviously dire and he doesn't convince me. This is the worst this division has been in a long time and we should be right up ther because we are no worse than anyone else. However I'll give him a bit more time but I'm not convinced he has much longer. Remember though Joe Royle once got 1 point out of 9 games and no one called for his head. Different times mind

Thanks to the trust for organising it. It's much appreciated and I know these people do this but have jobs like the rest of us.

An ok night. He was nervous and obviously expecting flak. Not sure the format of Rick asking questions first and the open floor second half helped him. The first half almost seemed irrelevant waiting for people to have their say - a phoney war?

The questions were reasonable and he answered them honestly. Depends a bit on your original standpoint. Is it you're playing one up front or no were not were playing three up front it's just not working at the moment.

The question about we were told we had a high quality field of applicants and we got an unknown was fair and he answered it ok. All he can say is I know, I was surprised as well but I'll work my nads off and he did. He relaxed right at the end and told a couple of funny stories And maybe gave us more of an insight into what goes on. Shame that didn't happen earlier. Maybe next time

I went to the equivalent event last year with LJ and it was very different. A confident, eloquent young man, belief in himself who told me things about the professional game that me as a mere supporter didn't know. That was never going to happen tonight but DK turned up and gave us his view which I appreciated .

Nice touch when chap who had a bit of a go at him won the chocs in the raffle and gave them to DK to give to his wife.

I've only Seen the Bradford game which was obviously dire and he doesn't convince me. This is the worst this division has been in a long time and we should be right up ther because we are no worse than anyone else. However I'll give him a bit more time but I'm not convinced he has much longer. Remember though Joe Royle once got 1 point out of 9 games and no one called for his head. Different times mind

Thanks to the trust for organising it. It's much appreciated and I know these people do this but have jobs like the rest of us.

Eh?

Eh?

He's kind of right. Last year the league was dire and aside from Blades strengthening, there doesn't appear to be anyone as good as Bristol, Franchise or Preston.

We're a good striker away from a team who really should be competing.

Edited by jsslatic

He's kind of right. Last year the league was dire and aside from Blades strengthening, there doesn't appear to be anyone as good as Bristol, Franchise or Preston.

We're a good striker away from a team who really should be competing.

We are miles away, scored more than one goal in a match twice in the last 25, think Forte has only got 5 in that time.

Midfield is horribly imbalanced when Kelly doesn't play.

Lack of height, pace and power throughout the squad.

And that's before you get onto the management and tactics.

Eh?

I was thinking along the lines of in recent years we have seen teams like Southampton Bournemouth and Norwich get promoted and then get into the prem almost immediately. I can't see any of the current crop doing that. Similarly I can't see anyone running away with it like Bristol last year. Also we have the majority of the team that last year threatened the play off places for a while. If the management team gets it right then I think we should have as good a chance as anyone of being involved at the top