Question for the trust

Is it possible at all for the trust to question the club re Barry?

I would like to know what he brings to the club and what his official position is. I want the club to be challenged on allegations he has openly goaded fans with "ear cupping" and "sarcastic clapping" I have asked all this via Twitter and the club ignore me - can the trust help?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats anyone gonna do about it? the guy is or gives the impression of being bullet proof.

Its obvious he has little respect for the fans of the club and there is only really Simon Corney who could do anything about it, all I will say is Simon must value Owens directoship over our dwindling fanbase, as he keeps letting him off the lead to cause further damage to the club.

While Corney gets Barry's services for free he will remain a director.

What has been described sounds inappropriate. But I think we should all have thicker skins.

(and I'm reluctant to have a dig when he's been unfairly criticised for his comments on the radio recently. The way those were taken out of a perfectly accurate context was piss poor).

Is it possible at all for the trust to question the club re Barry?

I would like to know what he brings to the club and what his official position is. I want the club to be challenged on allegations he has openly goaded fans with "ear cupping" and "sarcastic clapping" I have asked all this via Twitter and the club ignore me - can the trust help?

Hello, I don't think it's in our remit to be able to question as such, a representative from the club. However, I will ask what his role/title is and certainly raise the recent concerns too.

We are hoping to arrange a fans forum soon, we just need to verify the venue so we have access for all. It will probably be at night and we usually have a webpage open for Q &A for those who cannot attend but can log in.

Hopefully when the new stand is open we will be able to arrange more frequent and accessible events too

While Corney gets Barry's services for free he will remain a director.

What has been described sounds inappropriate. But I think we should all have thicker skins.

(and I'm reluctant to have a dig when he's been unfairly criticised for his comments on the radio recently. The way those were taken out of a perfectly accurate context was piss poor).

Do we get to a stage where the club would be better off paying someone to do the job because the man in place seems to upset the paying customer?

What business wouldnt want free labour? but if I worked in a car show room for free yet antagonised the customers walking through the door by cupping my ears and sarcastically clapping them would that be deemed acceptable because I'm working for free?

Edited by yarddog73

Does he pay for his ticket? Does he pay for his food and drink pre match and half time in the boardroom? Does he pay for his own travel to away games or catch a lift via the team bus or company funded travel?

He may not be paid as a director but he's retired and it seems to me the club funds the whole if his hobby of following and supporting his football club.

I've witnessed him via the media and close up in person on match days; he's divisive, full of contempt, dour, destructive and arrogant - all great characteristics I'm guessing then to build bridges with the fans and moving the club forward.

Hello, I don't think it's in our remit to be able to question as such, a representative from the club. However, I will ask what his role/title is and certainly raise the recent concerns too.

Isn't that exactly what the trust should be for? Otherwise it's just a glorified fans club

Does he pay for his ticket? Does he pay for his food and drink pre match and half time in the boardroom? Does he pay for his own travel to away games or catch a lift via the team bus or company funded travel?

He may not be paid as a director but he's retired and it seems to me the club funds the whole if his hobby of following and supporting his football club.

I've witnessed him via the media and close up in person on match days; he's divisive, full of contempt, dour, destructive and arrogant - all great characteristics I'm guessing then to build bridges with the fans and moving the club forward.

I've never met the man, but he seems to have no idea (and more alarmingly, never seems to learn..) how to use the media to his advantage.

Why are fans complaining that he doesn't know how to bull:censored: us through the media? It's an insight for us on the true mindset of those running the club, whether you like it it or not.

It's his fellow board members and those inside the club that will be more concerned about his slips.

Why are fans complaining that he doesn't know how to bull:censored: us through the media? It's an insight for us on the true mindset of those running the club, whether you like it it or not.

It's his fellow board members and those inside the club that will be more concerned about his slips.

Yep, fair point. The board come across as confrontational and primitive by allowing Barry to talk to the media - and that could be a fair reflection of the way they think.

Not saying there hasn't been any positive press releases from Barry, but I haven't seen them. Playing the media isn't a particularly new phenomenon, but Barry just doesn't seem to get it which not only causes unnecessary confusion and disgruntlement, but makes the club seem quite behind the times.

Isn't that exactly what the trust should be for? Otherwise it's just a glorified fans club

I'm sure more senior members of the trust board will have been monitoring the situation. Some may have even acted upon it already but I won't know more until the next meeting but I will raise the concerns regardless

To answer the original question. No such actions happened so let's not let rumours/allegations get in the way of the facts. I've spoken with Barry about it. He was clapping the team off at the end of the game and then indicated to the fans shouting at him that he'd pop straight down to speak to them. That is all.

To his credit he went and spoke to the group of fans in question.