Question for the trust

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have a right not to like Barry.

People have a right to complain about his actions if they don't agree with them.

But this is the second time in a couple of weeks his words or actions seem to have been deliberately taken out of context.

I don't think that's playing fair.

I would expect in most normal professional clubs the Chief Executive would be the main spokesperson and face of the club. There appears to be a void and for whatever reason Barry has stepped into it.

We have all stepped into it, not a nice experience having to clean your shoes after.

Does he pay for his ticket? Does he pay for his food and drink pre match and half time in the boardroom? Does he pay for his own travel to away games or catch a lift via the team bus or company funded travel?

If he's unpaid and does a lot of valuable :censored:ty donkeywork behind the scenes for our club, for nothing, he shouldn't pay for any of that..

Ridiculous & very, very sad to suggest otherwise or moan about it...

Why have we always had this cabal of fans who HATE someone elses freebie that makes :censored: all difference to them...??

Almost as bad as the "being :censored: is fine", lower your expectations brigade...

Edited by HarryBosch

People have a right not to like Barry.

People have a right to complain about his actions if they don't agree with them.

But this is the second time in a couple of weeks his words or actions seem to have been deliberately taken out of context.

I don't think that's playing fair.

You've got a point but he really has made a rod for his own back

If he's unpaid and does a lot of valuable :censored:ty donkeywork behind the scenes for our club, for nothing, he shouldn't pay for any of that..

Ridiculous & very, very sad to suggest otherwise or moan about it...

Why have we always had this cabal of fans who HATE someone elses freebie that makes :censored: all difference to them...??

Almost as bad as the "being :censored: is fine", lower your expectations brigade...

My comments are in response to suggestion that Barry does the role for free. I have no issue that he gets to see games for free along with all the corporate hospitality as he's a director but he doesn't do the role for free

To answer the original question. No such actions happened so let's not let rumours/allegations get in the way of the facts. I've spoken with Barry about it. He was clapping the team off at the end of the game and then indicated to the fans shouting at him that he'd pop straight down to speak to them. That is all.

To his credit he went and spoke to the group of fans in question.

Hi Barry

Hi Barry

I know that's a flippant comment but stuff like it isn't helpful. You've asked the Trust a question. The new fan's representative on the board has come on and explained what Bazza said happened which is more than Bazza would have done if he was still in situ.

Edited by jsslatic

Does he pay for his ticket? Does he pay for his food and drink pre match and half time in the boardroom? Does he pay for his own travel to away games or catch a lift via the team bus or company funded travel?

He may not be paid as a director but he's retired and it seems to me the club funds the whole if his hobby of following and supporting his football club.

I've witnessed him via the media and close up in person on match days; he's divisive, full of contempt, dour, destructive and arrogant - all great characteristics I'm guessing then to build bridges with the fans and moving the club forward.

This post just massively stinks of the truth.

Is SC using an arrogant idiot in BO and a clueless rabbit in DK, as his shields?

I know that's a flippant comment but stuff like it isn't helpful. You've asked the Trust a question. The new fan's representative on the board has come on and explained what Bazza said happened which is more than Bazza would have done if he was still in situ.

I must admit I thought 'hi Barry' when I read the post. Knowing now that the poster is the new fans rep shines a different light on what he said. Maybe the fans rep should be more visible as the fans rep on here, rather than just appearing to be another regular user.

To answer the original question. No such actions happened so let's not let rumours/allegations get in the way of the facts. I've spoken with Barry about it. He was clapping the team off at the end of the game and then indicated to the fans shouting at him that he'd pop straight down to speak to them. That is all.

To his credit he went and spoke to the group of fans in question.

All singing off the same hymn sheet then.

Whats struck me about speaking to trust members is how Barry has them all in his pocket, the trust isnt the voice of the fans or a true representation of them. What exactly is its remit?

Not sure he's actually the new voice on the board, more just a board member that's willing to engage with fans - I'm sure his new role is something to do with marketing?

It was a light hearted joke - this place is so serious sometimes - no offence was intended and I appreciated the input

It was a light hearted joke - this place is so serious sometimes - no offence was intended and I appreciated the input

Though in saying that, he says "let's not let rumours get in the way of facts" then puts forward Barry's version of events as if we are to accept that as "fact" because Barry says so?

Edited by JWhite101

My comments are in response to suggestion that Barry does the role for free. I have no issue that he gets to see games for free along with all the corporate hospitality as he's a director but he doesn't do the role for free

But he's working while he's seeing games "for free" & working while in corporate hospitality.

Would you rather him be queuing for a pie than schmoozing with potential club sponsors/investors, building contacts....?

(OK, with it being Barry, I'd rather he was queuing for a pie but, you know what I'm saying :grin:).

Is a player on £1000 not really on just £1000 a week as he gets into games free aswell??

For a club that tells us very little it is perhaps refreshing to have Baz telling us how it is. It is their club and they will do what they want and aim as low as they like. SC has done a great job for us but it does seem that we are now in the end game and hopefully then a new leaf can be turned.

All singing off the same hymn sheet then.

Whats struck me about speaking to trust members is how Barry has them all in his pocket, the trust isnt the voice of the fans or a true representation of them. What exactly is its remit?

I actually resent that remark...Barry has not been on the Trust board since Feb and I those who know me will tell you that I have no hesitation on speaking up for myself as well as the other trust members too. We are diverse in backgrounds and experience and we are all volunteers.

There was an AGM in June and new board members were elected such as myself, Jorvik and Leeslover who frequent this board. Other elected members do not. Lookers87 was elect as the trust representative on the board. We have three aims

protect the future of OAFC

Being a key partner of the club

Investing in the future of OAFC

Since close season, we have arranged two meet the managers events, one being this week, two open fans forums with representatives from the club....third one will be announced soon. Also, helped the club get the message out with regards to the Summer clean up.

Now, I don't think that's not too bad of a fresh start you could say since Barry resigned...did I mention we we all volunteers too. Thought I did

And personally, I have not spoken to Barry since the players end of season do in May and I'm too big to get in his pocket thanks and red fleeces do not suit me either especially when I get angry, as I go all red and get Diedre Barlow veins coming up out of my neck. However at least I don't go green and rip my clothes off now....

So, yes I've spat my dummy out a bit of this post. some on the Trust board have diplomatic skills. I do not.....but I was told to grown a second skin however I don't have the bloody time too.

Watch this space for the next fans forum and if you want come on down and meet the people on the trust board, or look out on how to login on line for live Q and A too.

You can contact us anytime if you wish to find out more about the trust and how you can volunteer too, or meet some of the board that will be at this Thursday meet the manager. Maybe meeting us in person might help you to understand what challenges we have and maybe clarity over what we do to.

Edited by underdog

I really do think it matters that if trust directors (who I admire for putting their heads over the parapet) come on here and say things in any form of official capacityth athey use their real names.

I have no idea whatsoever who Jorvik and Leeslover are.

I really do think it matters that if trust directors (who I admire for putting their heads over the parapet) come on here and say things in any form of official capacityth athey use their real names.

I have no idea whatsoever who Jorvik and Leeslover are.

. I will abide by the rules of the OWTB board with regards to personal data posted. It would also be wrong to name people without their permission as they they might want a username protected too. The trust website is constantly being updated but recent meeting notes are on there as well as the June AGM and who has been elected to the trust board. If you are curious, please check the web page out. We are working on board member profiles too. I think some are on there

www.trustoldham.co.uk

There are also snippets of info on the pinned trust oldham page up top too

Cheers

Edited by underdog

Might it be useful for the trust to have an official account in OWTB? (If one hasn't been created already)

That way Lookers 87, Underdog, Jorvik, Leeslover etc. can maintain a profile as an average fan and express personal opinion or dare I say it, partake in banter and we get any official opinion or information through the official username.