Undermined and set up to fail.

For all my criticism of Darren Kelly if the rumours of David Dunn on signing being promised the gig are true then that for me is a disgrace, if they go down that route why didnt they make the change pre season when they had chance.

Players have been a disgrace the last two week and I hope they dont get let down in their careers the way Kelly has has been let down by them in recent weeks, most of them should be ashamed to call themselves professionals as you will see more desire on park pitches on a Sunday morning than they have shown.

As for our so called Board what an absolute shambles of a group, lets see what transpires this week but one things for sure if Kelly was a dead man walking serious questions should be asked of those making these shocking decisions.

For all my criticism of Darren Kelly if the rumours of David Dunn on signing being promised the gig are true then that for me is a disgrace, if they go down that route why didnt they make the change pre season when they had chance.

Players have been a disgrace the last two week and I hope they dont get let down in their careers the way Kelly has has been let down by them in recent weeks, most of them should be ashamed to call themselves professionals as you will see more desire on park pitches on a Sunday morning than they have shown.

As for our so called Board what an absolute shambles of a group, lets see what transpires this week but one things for sure if Kelly was a dead man walking serious questions should be asked of those making these shocking decisions.

well put

As others if true unacceptable practice and would see me question all we hear. Cant see it happening to be fair as Dunn still keen to play and appears managers cant do both these days. Kelly wrong appointment from day one and even surprised Kelly which says it all.

I kind of surprised that people are surprised. Genuinely thought this was common knowledge.

I kind of surprised that people are surprised. Genuinely thought this was common knowledge.

Yes after all it is accepted practice at most football clubs to conspire to fail so you you can replace your recently appointed manager with another complete novice, only at Oldham do you see this level of incompetence and total contempt for the fan base, if this team picks up and gets a couple of results now it confirms my theory that Dunn has just been feathering his nest in readiness for is inevitable appointment.

Its a :censored:ing disgrace and makes me sick, Dunn and the board who promised him the job are a bunch of jokers. Do we really want a man in charge who as effectively put the knife in Kellys back?

Edited by yarddog73

Let's be honest Hallam I bet Dunn had better offers than here. I heard from day one that the only reason he was signing was to take the hot seat as the board had realised they had dropped a massive bollock with Kelly

Then the right and decent thing would have been to let Kelly go early and appoint Dunn properly rather than taking their dwindling support base for fools...again

Honesty is always much more likely to gain fans support, people make bad decisions in life end of story. Trying to cover up so they don't look like fools sounds like desperate tactics from board members not wanting to risk being in the firing line...DK was all the senior managements victim of their bad judgement

But there was always the chance that they had found someone with potential , wait a few games, observe and reach conclusions early on in the season. They haven't, they did and they have. New manager, long way to go, let's support.

I don't think anyone wanted to 'give him til Christmas' did they?

I was told he'd made his interest in the gig known too late hence him coming in as player. Best mates with a sponsor is Dunn, he seemed to think Dunn was nailed on as being manager this season at some point.

Shame for Kelly and might be the reason he let Dunn play where he wanted despite it not suiting the side not to mention Dunns performances.

Yes after all it is accepted practice at most football clubs to conspire to fail so you you can replace your recently appointed manager with another complete novice

How have they conspired to fail?

They've let him sign Yeates and O'Connell in recent weeks.

Corney would have been as happy as any of us if Kelly had gone on an unlikely 10 games winning run...

Ridiculous...

Yes after all it is accepted practice at most football clubs to conspire to fail so you you can replace your recently appointed manager with another complete novice, only at Oldham do you see this level of incompetence and total contempt for the fan base, if this team picks up and gets a couple of results now it confirms my theory that Dunn has just been feathering his nest in readiness for is inevitable appointment.

Its a :censored:ing disgrace and makes me sick, Dunn and the board who promised him the job are a bunch of jokers. Do we really want a man in charge who as effectively put the knife in Kellys back?

Can I ask you something, it's a serious question. Have you ever been happy with the club at any point or about anything?

It's all BO fault I know!!

If it's true, it means that one of Kelly's supposed key signings had a vested interest in Latics doing badly and Kelly getting the sack. That's a dreadful position to put the pair of them in.

It's a massive conflict of interest. However I still not attributing it to him letting people stroll past him. I'm astounded at the love he gets on here from a playing perspective. First thing he needs to do is drop himself.

It's a massive conflict of interest. However I still not attributing it to him letting people stroll past him. I'm astounded at the love he gets on here from a playing perspective. First thing he needs to do is drop himself.

Perhaps because he is the player with the most ability we have on the books?

Dunn as been and is gifted. It comes to all players when the gift is still there but the legs won't deliver in the heat of combat. Dunn at this point is now a luxury player to carry. If you have those in the side to carry him and he delivers the killer passes or odd goal, it then will work. The latter matches this as not been the case and DK had to fit Dunn in where Dunn didn't fit.

Dunn as been and is gifted. It comes to all players when the gift is still there but the legs won't deliver in the heat of combat. Dunn at this point is now a luxury player to carry. If you have those in the side to carry him and he delivers the killer passes or odd goal, it then will work. The latter matches this as not been the case and DK had to fit Dunn in where Dunn didn't fit.

He assisted our goal yesterday.

His form has dipped over the last few games but he still looks markedly the most creative player on the pitch.

He assisted our goal yesterday.

His form has dipped over the last few games but he still looks markedly the most creative player on the pitch.

Unfortunately he formed part of the midfield that was out fought and out played and conceded 5. Granted with some terrible individual errors. Dunn is indeed our most gifted player as I've said, but....................he needs the players round him now to allow him to shine. It's a team game.