Doncaster Rovers vs Oldham Athletic

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poleon would have had a much better game and possibly 1 or 2 goals if Lee Croft had found the ability to cross the ball on Saturday.

Having said that, there was no excusing that weak effort when he (Poleon) scuffed yet another shot after intercepting a poor cross field ball.

The keeper was absolutely terrible, Burn could have done better for their goal but Cornell is like a rabbit caught in the headlights when the ball is coming towards goal, terribly slow.

If Lee Croft could cross a ball he would be worth £40Mill having watched citeh on Saturday Navas was embarrassing with his crosses.

I think a point was right today. Good away support but only Poleon up front who ran his socks off. Burn was mom for me.We played better second half and looked good in spells but overall a poor game with Doncaster equally poor but I would have settled for a Pont before the start We really do need a decent striker.

Burn MOTM? I certainly wouldn't give MOTM to a player that couldn't be bothered to jump for a ball he was clear to win instead letting his opposing man lean over him and nod the ball home. Hard to pick a MOTM award but would probably give it to Dieng.

Burn MOTM? I certainly wouldn't give MOTM to a player that couldn't be bothered to jump for a ball he was clear to win instead letting his opposing man lean over him and nod the ball home. Hard to pick a MOTM award but would probably give it to Dieng.

But wasnt it Deing who jumped half heartedly and missed the ball before that came about?

I would bring in all the players for intensive training in how to attack and head the ball, it's been a weakness for a long time.

Edited by BP1960

Just read Matt Chambers report on chronicle online. Wow. Talk about being up Dunn's arse. He's about elbow deep after killing Darren Kelly off with his reports after similar performances, he's praising us after this game. Pathetic

I didnt go to the game but unfortunatley I believe Matt Chambers reports more than anything posted on here nowadays...

Its the same people every week posting the same negeative bull and its got to the point were all they look for is the bad and never post anything positive about a performance or about the club full stop.

It was the managers first game in charge and he didnt lose. That is something to build on surley and I not disputing the level of the performance as it may not have been good but some are already hating Dunn and hoping he has the same treatment as DK in 6 weeks. How about you hope we win for the next 6 games instead?

No other fans would react the way some have after a new managers first game in charge away from home 1 week after getting beat 5-1 at home. we didnt even :censored:in lose!

Edited by palmer1

Poleon works hard - giving him

The number 9 makes everyone think he's a striker - he was a winger at Leeds and his best games for us have been at right wing. He will probably become another Rooney, bomb out as a square peg here go to another club for nothing - get played in his correct position and make us eat our words

A winger needs to be able to beat a man. Poleon has never beat a man in his life. Like the Leeds fan at my work says...he's a striker and he needs to play off the defenders shoulder with some decent service. Preferably the sort of through-ball Dunn could provide. He's never been given any decent service though.

Edited by boundaryblue80

But wasnt it Deing who jumped half heartedly and missed the ball before that came about?

I would bring in all the players for intensive training in how to attack and head the ball, it's been a weakness for a long time.

You could be right...at least he tried to jump though unlike Burn :wink:

I didnt go to the game but unfortunatley I believe Matt Chambers reports more than anything posted on here nowadays...

Its the same people every week posting the same negeative bull and its got to the point were all they look for is the bad and never post anything positive about a performance or about the club full stop.

It was the managers first game in charge and he didnt lose. That is something to build on surley and I not disputing the level of the performance as it may not have been good but some are already hating Dunn and hoping he has the same treatment as DK in 6 weeks. How about you hope we win for the next 6 games instead?

No other fans would react the way some have after a new managers first game in charge away from home 1 week after getting beat 5-1 at home. we didnt even :censored:in lose!

The whole place is tired and rotten, a relegation and change of ownership might not be the worst thing to happen.

You would have the thought the editor of the chron would have done a article on this

The whole place is tired and rotten, a relegation and change of ownership might not be the worst thing to happen.

a relegation!? yeah i bet Tranmere, Stockport, Grimsby etc all said the same. I bet they are lovin their new refreshing life

give over man! I know people want new owners but to drop a level because of boredom is ridiculous

a relegation!? yeah i bet Tranmere, Stockport, Grimsby etc all said the same. I bet they are lovin their new refreshing life

give over man! I know people want new owners but to drop a level because of boredom is ridiculous

Plenty have come back stronger for it.

It might be our best hope of getting rid of these owners.

Plenty have come back stronger for it.

It might be our best hope of getting rid of these owners.

I'd be willing to bet that more have suffered than have come back stronger for it.

For example, more than half the teams in the National League are ex-FL clubs

I'd be willing to bet that more have suffered than have come back stronger for it.

For example, more than half the teams in the National League are ex-FL clubs

On the flip side I make it ten teams currently above us in the table who have been in L2 in recent years - you'd be hard pushed to say any of them (possible exception Port Vale) are the worst for it.

On the flip side I make it ten teams currently above us in the table who have been in L2 in recent years - you'd be hard pushed to say any of them (possible exception Port Vale) are the worst for it.

There's quite a few who've gone past us from L2 to the Champ (albeit some came back down too!).

May be others but:

Rotherham
Peterborough
Swansea
Cardiff
Hull
Brighton
Doncaster
Brentford
Scunthorpe
Plymouth
Southend
Blackpool
Luton
Bournemouth
Bury
Huddersfield
Yeovil
Walsall
MK Dons
Gillingham
I think, to start with!

There's quite a few who've gone past us from L2 to the Champ (albeit some came back down too!).

May be others but:

Rotherham
Peterborough
Swansea
Cardiff
Hull
Brighton
Doncaster
Brentford
Scunthorpe
Plymouth
Southend
Blackpool
Luton
Bournemouth
Bury
Huddersfield
Yeovil
Walsall
MK Dons
Gillingham
I think, to start with!

Yeovil are the scariest out of that bunch! Yeovil Town FC ffs!