New Strikers this week?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The move away from attacking formations seems prevalent throughout football and whilst it can work at the highest level with genuinely great players with the pace and vision to break well and move out of position when the moments arise I still am not a big fan of it.

At League One level where the facets of speed / vision / ability tend to fall into the mutually exclusive area of the venn diagram it is just plain dull. My favourite Latics memories are of teams with width and an attacking mindset....I remember walking out of the 1-0 win at home vs Manchester United in 1993 delighted with the result buy saying to my Dad that I couldn't watch that type of defensive football on a regular basis and never changed my mind since.

I go to the game to be entertained.

How dare you use a Venn Diagram to get your point across. Now everyone thinks you're clueless about football (but likely to get a managers role)

Some of you judge the Leicester lad too harshly - not his fault that some clueless people (Baz & Daz) brought him in. Give him a run I say but not to be if 'some centre forwards' are coming in this week. To me that means more than one when we just need one good one if somebody is available some where. Sometimes I wonder.

Some of you judge the Leicester lad too harshly - not his fault that some clueless people (Baz & Daz) brought him in. Give him a run I say but not to be if 'some centre forwards' are coming in this week. To me that means more than one when we just need one good one if somebody is available some where. Sometimes I wonder.

I'm usually all for giving players a chance and defended Murphy till the day he left us on loan but I've seen nothing from this Lad that suggests he can do much. His cameo appearance at Doncaster was laughable just didn't look arsed and he's so slow. Wins piss all headers for his size too, Haven't seen him win one yet including the game he started.

That's the problem with Loan players half the time as we all know especially short ones they just don't seem arsed at all really, like with Mike Jones who is ours for example you can genuinely see he looks pissed off when we lose or are playing :censored:e.

I'm usually all for giving players a chance and defended Murphy till the day he left us on loan but I've seen nothing from this Lad that suggests he can do much. His cameo appearance at Doncaster was laughable just didn't look arsed and he's so slow. Wins piss all headers for his size too, Haven't seen him win one yet including the game he started.

That's the problem with Loan players half the time as we all know especially short ones they just don't seem arsed at all really, like with Mike Jones who is ours for example you can genuinely see he looks pissed off when we lose or are playing :censored:e.

While I'm very reluctant to have a go at any striker when the service provided stinks I was alarmed at the pace of Stan when he came on. I know game time can help you get up to match fitness/speed but this lad looked like he had a rugby player tackling him as he ran.

Agree with Stan and his cameo, he was lacklustre at best and just didn't seem to have the desire in him. Poleon at least gave it a go, albeit he wasn't amazing, he was infinitely better than Stan.