3 games 3 draws

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If yoy think one win on twenty dosnt mean anything then you are deluded. Dont mean that as a personal insult but ffs we have won 1 game all season and we was lucky to win that. Other than bury we have not looked like winning any other game...You happy clappers would still be happy if we went down. You all need to wake up to the facts 1 win in 20 ffs thats more than a blip!

OK Give me odds of 10/1 then? Any takers for a win at Gillingham. You see the odds are never that high even with a bad recent record! We could win this, with Higdon and Poleon playing and the lad from Swansea! Dunn is doing his best and learning the trade, lets give him some support to turn it around!

OK Give me odds of 10/1 then? Any takers for a win at Gillingham. You see the odds are never that high even with a bad recent record! We could win this, with Higdon and Poleon playing and the lad from Swansea! Dunn is doing his best and learning the trade, lets give him some support to turn it around!

Tell the the players to go at them for a win, they will be surprised at a team having a go at them from the off and it will shake them out of their stride.

Interesting thread.

People are right about it isn't necessary for a manager to have been a good footballer, or to have had any experience (managers can be successful at their first club), or even have all the 'badges' that is the current trend.

What you need to be able to do to be successful in any walk of life - is inspire people to give their best and help them develop and improve.

So top players that move into management will get respect immediately from young pros because they will see what they achieved in the game and immediately listen. Some people have a strong engaging personality that gets people to listen and follow.

DK didn't appear to have either. Terrible playing record (42 league games I think) and a personality that seemed lost and small in the media / on the sidelines. As a result he might have had the best ideas in the world, but if you cannot influence people to listen then you are done for.

DD should at least have some respect from the playing career which might buy him some time. He also looks to have more gravitas and impact. I imagine he will at least get people to listen to his ideas and act on them for a bit.

DK got 7 league games and 2 cup games. Performances and results were poor, but sometimes you can see someone doing all the right things and still not get the results but you have confidence that it will come right in the end. Guessing SC didn't see that.

I would say judge DD in a similar number of games - what do performances look like, what do results look like? If both not good still, then SC will have to make a judgment on him as he did with DK. Do I think this guy has what it takes / is doing what is necessary to turn it around or not?

I'm abroad and missed the Wigan and Vale games, but from watching the LaticsPlayer highlights I don't think it's quite time to fulfil the suicide pacts/go watch Rochdale.

It's the home games against the teams around us that'll show us where we are.