3 games 3 draws

Ok, we are tough to beat.

Last night, I'm told, we created some decent chances. We also flexed the formation within the game.

Get a little more coherent and those draws might just turn into wins.

There's little evidence that a rookie manager who's played in the top three divisions is any worse statistically than an experienced manager who's been sacked a few times.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What have this team done or shown to make you think that?

This is one of the worst squads we've had, it has relegation scrap written all over it.

I dunno.

We're unbalanced with Connor Brown at left back.

Our striker options are poor, although Higdon gives us more of a presence.

We've not utilised a decent set of midfielders effectively.

I think there's enough there in the squad to get safely mid-table without being a managerial genius. A little bit of confidence, spark and togetherness would be an outside chance of the play-offs.

There's no will to go out and win a game we were happy with the point that equaliser was always coming it's now 1 win in 18 (20) inc the cups or going back to Valentine's Day 4 wins in 29 this squad should be doing better but they're playing within themselves there's no onfield leader and the easy sideways or backwards pass is the our only option this lot of weaklings take. Corney's reaping what he has sowed the rot set in when he took the cheap option in February

Every game is Groundhog Day.....

Kelly was most definitely the wrong person to lead this club. Dunn though with a seasoned head alongside him - and I mean a manager in a "director of" capacity rather than seasoned coach - would provide continuity and a long-term plan. Similar I guess to Dowie and Wadsworth.

A realistic target who could come in and do a better job with this squad?

Have a look at the original 160 applicants I'm sure theres one in there who could do a job for us, although many have fallen for Dunn he currently is worse off than Kelly was after 3 games, a new manager normally has a positive effect on a group of players but I'm struggling to see where a wins coming from in the next four or five games.

Kelly was most definitely the wrong person to lead this club. Dunn though with a seasoned head alongside him - and I mean a manager in a "director of" capacity rather than seasoned coach - would provide continuity and a long-term plan. Similar I guess to Dowie and Wadsworth.

Kelly and Dunn are much the same, one will be backed though whilst the other one wasnt.

Have a look at the original 160 applicants I'm sure theres one in there who could do a job for us, although many have fallen for Dunn he currently is worse off than Kelly was after 3 games, a new manager normally has a positive effect on a group of players but I'm struggling to see where a wins coming from in the next four or five games.

I was listening until you said after 3 games.

And you haven't come up with any candidates.

One played his whole career at the top level under several well respected managers. The other peaked at York City. Yep, they're the same.

Strangely enough many top managers didnt have the glittering careers that Dunn had, it counts for nothing he is a manager now, he has hung up his boots and looking at the managerial statistics there isnt much to choose between them, we dont get 10 extra points for giving Billy big head his chance from Blackburn.

Strangely enough many top managers didnt have the glittering careers that Dunn had, it counts for nothing he is a manager now, he has hung up his boots and looking at the managerial statistics there isnt much to choose between them, we dont get 10 extra points for giving Billy big head his chance from Blackburn.

:censored: me! He hasn't played for 3 games, that doesn't mean he's hung up his boots. He just trying to steady the ship.

We have lost twice this season that's all, not once under Dunn and he trying to adjust the balance to turn draws into wins.

'Billy big head' its pathetic how personal this is with you. You spend far too much time talking about just him and calling him childish names.

This can't be just about football, he has pissed you or your mates off by dropping then and you've taken it personal. What relation are you to one of the players dropped, friend? Actually family? Or is one of them having it away with someone related to you

That last ones happened before and they got very upset when the player wasn't picked or some posted that they were :censored:...

Two of the poorest home performances imaginable.

manager goes after a few weeks.

players in, out, in and out.

injuries to key players.

new manager.

All very disruptive.

And yet we've lost two games and are unbeaten away. We need a period of stability on and off the pitch. My biggest worry islosing Kelly to another injury. He might not be fully match fit, but there's a massive hole in the team when he's not in it.

We've got more than quality, but are a little light in certain areas. A fully fit team will be fine.

I dunno.

We're unbalanced with Connor Brown at left back.

Our striker options are poor, although Higdon gives us more of a presence.

We've not utilised a decent set of midfielders effectively.

I think there's enough there in the squad to get safely mid-table without being a managerial genius. A little bit of confidence, spark and togetherness would be an outside chance of the play-offs.

Gordon reckons that Connor Brown had a superb game yesterday.

Ok, we are tough to beat.

Last night, I'm told, we created some decent chances. We also flexed the formation within the game.

Get a little more coherent and those draws might just turn into wins.

There's little evidence that a rookie manager who's played in the top three divisions is any worse statistically than an experienced manager who's been sacked a few times.

Maybe you can do a football league survey of that o4u for the last couple of years?

I don't understand your point at all. You said he was the same as Kelly, I disagreed as he's played at a higher level and has access to those managers as contacts or for advice.

Most of the top coaches you're talking about will have worked their way up from the bottom in coaching positions. How many other League 1 managers have there been that haven't played that high, and have no 1st team coaching experience at that level either? I don't blame Kelly for going for the job, but other than the fact that neither have been managers before, they are poles apart.

Dunn has had 3 games. He's unbeaten - so that's one positive right there. Whether he'll be any good or not remains to be seen but to write him off after 3 games is bizarre.