John Cooper Clarke

Having had my first real experience of Ofsted this summer Tracy I hold them in nothing but contempt... They're clueless and following their own agenda and are so removed from the reality of the classroom....

I don't teach so I don't have that experience...however I did catch an inspector near the students toilets listening to student chatter, which I thought was quite sneaky, but to get an honest opinion I suppose instead of a classroom prepped response.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry I come in peace....

Hello Mr Francis....I've been expecting you....heheh

Actually, I'm quite lucky as senior management tolerate me...I think I cover the care in the community/equality and diversity part of the HR recruitment tick box.

Edited by underdog

Former library?

Excuse my 'been down under too long' question but ..... If it's no longer the library what is it used for, because it was a bloody good library

Good to see the coliseum getting moved / upgraded.

Diego's right, it is former library, they have built one to the right of the picture, slightly set back. I used to love the Victorian library on stoneleigh park in Derker.

Hello Mr Francis....I've been expecting you....heheh

Actually, I'm quite lucky as senior management tolerate me...I think I cover the care in the community/equality and diversity part of the HR recruitment tick box.

Not me! The only similarity between us is that we would both like to know the authors of the "alternative" staff newsletter....one for retribution purposes

Ps I have never worked at the college

1) John Cooper Clark - Genius

2) The government are a set of :censored: only concerned with feathering the beds of the middle classes up

3) Ofsted operate to an agenda other than that of the improvement and safety of children - see point 2.

MM - disillusioned teacher, optimistic tic.

Is a university educated professional earning £35k plus, probably home owner, with index linked pension and high aspirations for his/ her family middle class?

It is a common practice that when someone is unable to successfully argue a point, they try to change the basis of the argument to one they think they can win. Sorry sunshine, I'm not playing.

Surprised that somebody with your world view would resort to racist names like "sunshine".....or were you off sick on that inset day?

Bloody hell this discussion is now way over my head because I never knew sunshine was racist....when did it become racist I'm genuinely curious?

I thought it could be used condescendingly, or to provoke a reaction...or even in a nice way like "morning sunshine..."

Best cross that one off my usually daily words to use.

You know what we've got a council that is trying move this town forwards yet we've a population of miserable :censored: there's a lot to celebrate in this town - new college, new sports centres, an expanded hospital in both oncology and antenatal care, a new cinema with new restaurants and family friendly plaza, the metro link extension has seen businesses want to invest in our town instead we want to whinge 'look what the council did to the market etc...' If we'd have used and supported the market instead of spending our money elsewhere then maybe like bury we'd have an outdoor market to be proud of but as a historian Oldham has always been about its indoor market and that is thriving and today I was proud to be part of a bit of oldhams history by patronising the new stand lets stop whinging get behind your town and let's move it forward together......

It's easy to knock our town but we're no different from many an ex industrial power house be proud of your roots and let's stop being so :censored:ing miserable!!!!!

Local football club has opened a new stand with conferencing and retail facilities.... !

Former library?

Excuse my 'been down under too long' question but ..... If it's no longer the library what is it used for, because it was a bloody good library

Good to see the coliseum getting moved / upgraded.

UnionSt-Library-small-c1905.jpg

The beautiful historic Grade II Listed Central Library and Art Gallery building was closed down many years ago. Both functions were moved into ‘Gallery Oldham’, a new building situated behind the old one.

oldham.jpg

A bridge links the two buildings.

th_80d5e333196311777f2ffcadc3d3747c_oldh

The former Post Office on Union Street has been the Local Studies and Archives Centre for many years, but that function is to be transferred into the former Library and Art Gallery building.

3720190320_0fcf227d0a.jpg

The new-build Oldham Coliseum Theatre is to be constructed on the Southgate Street car park, adjoining the former Library on the site where the ABC Cinema used to stand. This is in spite of there being a theatre in the beautiful Lyceum building on the other side of Union Street.

It’s all intended to create a ‘Cultural Quarter’

Bloody hell this discussion is now way over my head because I never knew sunshine was racist....when did it become racist I'm genuinely curious?

I thought it could be used condescendingly, or to provoke a reaction...or even in a nice way like "morning sunshine..."

Best cross that one off my usually daily words to use.

The PC police will tell us that it is a derogatory term used by slave masters to describe amongst others black female slave housemaids.....mind you the same police will tell you that " picnic" is racist too

The PC police will tell us that it is a derogatory term used by slave masters to describe amongst others black female slave housemaids.....mind you the same police will tell you that " picnic" is racist too

Wow....I've learnt some thing new today cheers